Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... (17858 Views)

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD / Mercedes Benz S550 Armoured Sedan : The Official Car Of Prof. Yemi Osibanjo / Quick Meaning Of 'P','R','N','D','2','L' And 'OD' For Autogears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
oweniwe:

C230 is small car nau...

Go for C300 or C350... The difference in fuel consumption is not much since you mostly do Highway
Oga o lipsrsealed
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by oweniwe(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
king406:
Oga o lipsrsealed

I mean, in size, I don't fancy small vehicles.... Why should I buy a corolla for 1m when I can get a camry for same price?

And what's the difference in fuel consumption in C230 & C300? In traffic/city driving, .... Hmmmm... But the o.p does mostly highways ... It doesn't matter.

And if I may add, bigger engines are more durable than smaller ones... I'll rather pick C300/350

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femionasan(m): 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
oweniwe:

I mean, in size, I don't fancy small vehicles.... Why should I buy a corolla for 1m when I can get a camry for same price?

And what's the difference in fuel consumption in C230 & C300? In traffic/city driving, .... Hmmmm... But the o.p does mostly highways ... It doesn't matter.

And if I may add, bigger engines are more durable than smaller ones... I'll rather pick C300/350

C300 in 2007? That is not correct, if you want a C300 then you will be looking at the 2008 C 300.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by oweniwe(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
femionasan:

C300 in 2007? That is not correct, if you want a C300 then you will be looking at the 2008 C 300.

I'm not conversant about the years o... lipsrsealed

Na d engine concern me wink
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femionasan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
oweniwe:

I'm not conversant about the years o... lipsrsealed

Na d engine concern me wink

Lol! Consider the C280 or the C320 for 2007, but they do not have the sporty look of the C230 Kompressor or 2.5liter C230 V6. I love the way the rear tyres are wider than the front tires for the C230 line.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by youngice(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
elusive2:
haba bros. W204 na beast on wheels. The way dat car passed me one night along kaduna zaria expway eeh, kai!! I was feeling like Don jazzy doing 160km/hr in my 406 ew12 one evening around 8.30pm wen this car pass(no b overtake be the word, na pass he pass me as if i wasn't moving) me like say i park. Chai!!! I see bright light thru my rear view mirror before i say jack robinson na so the car pass me like bullet on top my 160km.hr at night for that matter!!!
Chai! Chai!!!
Back to the issue it's like i will just settle for the c230. Though it has a small cabin but i travel a lot.
Guy this post just made my day
Lloooooooool

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by youngice(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
king406:
there was no e350 in 2003, it was only e320 nd e500
Have you ever driven an ML320 2003
Clk320 2003
Ml430 2003
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
youngice:

Guy this post just made my day
Lloooooooool
Bros no b small tin o! That night i begin think twice. I recall how anoda s class (that one with small pointed trunk) approached me one sunday afternoon along abuja.kaduna expressway. I was just feeling cool doing 170km.hr in my 406 ew12 wen all of a sudden from nowhere i noticed a car flashing me from behind. Wen that car got to my behind i no know. The guy kept on flashing me to give him chance but instead i traficated left. The next thing i saw was the guy traficated right and through my right side the guy zoomed past me and left me dumbfounded! Chai! What is the meaning of this? ? I asked myself. I didnt know i was unconsciously following the car until i noticed my speedo on 210km.hr. immediately i removed my leg from the gas pedal. By this time the guy don disappear from my view. You wont believe i approached a check point about 5mins later with about six cars on the queue but i didn't see the s class. There and then i started thinking about owning an MB. My 406ew12 de represent sha...

4 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 9:54am On Nov 15, 2015
elusive2:
Bros no b small tin o! That night i begin think twice. I recall how anoda s class (that one with small pointed trunk) approached me one sunday afternoon along abuja.kaduna expressway. I was just feeling cool doing 170km.hr in my 406 ew12 wen all of a sudden from nowhere i noticed a car flashing me from behind. Wen that car got to my behind i no know. The guy kept on flashing me to give him chance but instead i traficated left. The next thing i saw was the guy traficated right and through my right side the guy zoomed past me and left me dumbfounded! Chai! What is the meaning of this? ? I asked myself. I didnt know i was unconsciously following the car until i noticed my speedo on 210km.hr. immediately i removed my leg from the gas pedal. By this time the guy don disappear from my view. You wont believe i approached a check point about 5mins later with about six cars on the queue but i didn't see the s class. There and then i started thinking about owning an MB. My 406ew12 de represent sha...

elusive2:
haba bros. W204 na beast on wheels. The way dat car passed me one night along kaduna zaria expway eeh, kai!! I was feeling like Don jazzy doing 160km/hr in my 406 ew12 one evening around 8.30pm wen this car pass(no b overtake be the word, na pass he pass me as if i wasn't moving) me like say i park. Chai!!! I see bright light thru my rear view mirror before i say jack robinson na so the car pass me like bullet on top my 160km.hr at night for that matter!!!
Chai! Chai!!!
Back to the issue it's like i will just settle for the c230. Though it has a small cabin but i travel a lot.

Stop over speeding, its wrong, its illegal besides, I no trust Peugeot's brakes system. All Peugeots I've test driven none have a brake system that gives me confidence.
Besides, I've seen with my own eyes as a Hummer number (Toyota hiace bus) which was fully loaded tried to over take a peugeot 406 in Zuba, both of them started racing, an unfortunate student of College of education crossed the road, the bus and the peugeot stepped on their brakes, the bus came to a halt, but the Peugeot brakes locked, sliding the car till it hit the girl who died on the spot, and then the car stopped some yards. On sensing the danger, he zoomed off.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingreign:

Stop over speeding, its wrong, its illegal besides, I no trust Peugeot's brakes system. All Peugeots I've test driven none have a brake system that gives me confidence.
Besides, I've seen with my own eyes as a Hummer number (Toyota hiace bus) which was fully loaded tried to over take a peugeot 406 in Zuba, both of them started racing, an unfortunate student of College of education crossed the road, the bus and the peugeot stepped on their brakes, the bus came to a halt, but the Peugeot brakes locked, sliding the car till it hit the girl who died on the spot, and then the car stopped some yards. On sensing the danger, he zoomed off.
shocked
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
king406:
u mean the accord that can go only 130mph will dust a Mercedes that can go 160mph on the expressway? shocked

What makes you think a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 will achieve a maximum speed of 160mph? Or that a 2007 Honda Accord V6 will NOT exceed 130mph?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
abatically:

Some people just think every Mercedes Benz is faster than every Japanese cars. That's how a friend that drives a 2002 c230 super charged beats his chest that his car will dust a 2005 Avalon.

Unless the MB was running more boost, courtesy of an undersized charger pulley and a remap, the Avalon will romp off into the distance, every time.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Siena:

Unless the MB was running more boost, courtesy of an undersized charger pulley and a remap, the Avalon will romp off into the distance, every time.
Siena pls explain further on this. Quite too technical grin
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Siena:

What makes you think a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 will achieve a maximum speed of 160mph? Or that a 2007 Honda Accord V6 will NOT exceed 130mph?
Abeg @Siena, I tire for these guys too o. They think and feel other car makers are resting on their oars while MB is ever breaking new grounds. Guys, That's so colloquial. Have any of you done the Genesis before. MB is no doubt a good brand, but other car makers have been able to teach them a lesson or 2 in so many ways. Stop this MB is the ish thing jọọ. Every car has its ups and also it's down...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Folks dont know all about constant kinetics and speed. When a car A is doing a constant 160km/h, and car B is 25m behind yet doing constant 160km/h, theres no way B will catch up with A.

If a honda accord V6 gets to 160km/h in 23secs, and a C230 does 160km/h in 27secs, theres no way the C230 can meet up the accord unless the accord decelerates or the c230 accelerates.
100km/h in accord is still 100km/h in MB (assuming both has same speedo error margin and are at constant 100km/h speed).
Reason why the accord migh not feel much more involving to drive is becase of its drive configuration which is FF whearas an MB is FR/FA, the suspension setups and weight distribution.
That said, the Honda has a much lighter tuned steering than the MB, its also got a multi link rear suspensions with upper and lower arms in front which is a very engaging setup and offers some sporty feel to the Honda.

Verdict: the honda accord V6 will rape the MB C230 over and over.

Source: real life testing of both cars on a constant 120km/h cruise for a 76km distance in which the honda never gave me any lag but i felt lagged in the MB.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingreign:
Folks dont know all about constant kinetics and speed. When a car A is doing a constant 160km/h, and car B is 25m behind yet doing constant 160km/h, theres no way B will catch up with A.
If a honda accord V6 gets to 160km/h in 23secs, and a C230 does 160km/h in 27secs, theres no way the C230 can meet up the accord unless the accord decelerates or the c230 accelerates.
100km/h in accord is still 100km/h in MB (assuming both has same speedo error margin and are at constant 100km/h speed).
Reason why the accord migh not feel much more involving to drive is becase of its drive configuration which is FF whearas an MB is FR/FA, the suspension setups and weight distribution.
That said, the Honda has a much lighter tuned steering than the MB, its also got a multi link rear suspensions with upper and lower arms in front which is a very engaging setup and offers some sporty feel to the Honda.
Verdict: the honda accord V6 will rape the MB C230 over and over.
Source: real life testing of both cars on a constant 120km/h cruise for a 76km distance in which the honda never gave me any lag but i felt lagged in the MB.
shocked
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Ziggyzito(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingreign:

there are so many factors involved. His brake pads must have been exhausted, low hydraulics or something. Coz I know how good the ABS system of a 406 prestige is. It's excellent. He probably didn't apply the brakes properly. In such situations, you pump the brake pedal, not placing your foot on it until the car halts.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femionasan(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Ziggyzito:
there are so many factors involved. His brake pads must have been exhausted, low hydraulics or something. Coz I know how good the ABS system of a 406 prestige is. It's excellent. He probably didn't apply the brakes properly. In such situations, you pump the brake pedal, not placing your foot on it until the car halts.

Pump the brakes when your car is already installed with ABS? shocked Not trying to be rude but i think you should read up on the conventional braking systems before the advent of the ABS in vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ziggyzito:

if peugeot psa requires pumping the pedal just to activate ABS system, then its a very unsafe car. I better stick to a 1962 mercedes benz 911 tipper lorry and keep pumping its brakes.

3 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by abatically(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ziggyzito:

Pumping the brakes in an abs installed car? Wow if that's how a 406 works then it is a very very unsafe car.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
abatically:

Pumping the brakes in an abs installed car? Wow if that's how a 406 works then it is a very very unsafe car.
Dats not how the brakes work. I owned a D9 406.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by abatically(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
elusive2:
Dats not how the brakes work. I owned a D9 406.

NO.

It's either
1. The car's abs is not working, hence u probably have the abs ligh illuminated on the dash.

2. Or u are just ignorant and don't know how abs works. Pumping the brake when abs is equipped will only distrupt the work of the abs. U can as well disconnect the abs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
OP which one did u end up with?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
king406:
OP which one did u end up with?
mb c230 sport sedan 2007. 2.5 ltr v6 (wdbrf52h47e027459). Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2015
elusive2:
welcome to the club bro! grin care to share some pics pls?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by ShammahBarnabas(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2015
This is a no brainer. Nobody makes reliable machines like the Germans. Mercedes Benz is naturally superior to the Honda, especially since you travel a lot.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2015
ShammahBarnabas:
This is a no brainer. Nobody makes reliable machines like the Germans. Mercedes Benz is naturally superior to the Honda, especially since you travel a lot.
thank you
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femicousim: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2015
elusive2:

good decision, nicely done OP
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
king406:
welcome to the club bro! grin care to share some pics pls?
Having difficulties uploading pics. Will share as soon as possible.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by abatically(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
ShammahBarnabas:

Wrong. The Germans make beautiful, luxury, fast and expensive machines. But they are not known for being reliable. The thing is if u are rich enough to own a Mercedes Benz then reliability is the last thing u should think about.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by mili3kid(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
elusive2:
Having difficulties uploading pics. Will share as soon as possible.
waiting
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Homguy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
abatically:

Wrong. The Germans make beautiful, luxury, fast and expensive machines. But they are not known for being reliable. The thing is if u are rich enough to own a Mercedes Benz then reliability is the last thing u should think about.
what who you rate the Italians and the British as regards reliability. You have always been skewed towards the Japanese esp Toyota. Its what you drive after all but Stop misinforming the public man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ah! My Car / First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails / How Good Is Ford Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.