Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters (2670 Views)

Seven Photos Nigerian Police Would Want Removed From Internet / President Buhari States Reason Why He Was Removed From Office In 1985 / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by revolt(m): 6:00am On Nov 10, 2015
baby124:
Let us not claim we belong on the indexes when we clearly don't. Nigeria's presence on those indexes have been clearly fabricated. We are not even strong enough to have ever featured on those indexes. What ever we made from oil was stolen and not used to strengthen our economy. What ever investment they claim, is artificial and clearly one sided.

Our economy gains nothing when the so called investor bribes some criminals with scraps, so they can steal our common wealth. Most of these reactions are a fall out on Buhari's stand to strengthen the naira. If we don't stand up and sort ourselves, we will never be free from economic slavery. Let us focus on cleaning our dirty house before inviting opportunists to come and invest.

We need to focus on building a strong economy and stop electing dull people who cannot think past the crumbs they receive today. I am sure Nigerians will be shocked at how much was lost to these so called strong economies/ "investors" because some dull criminals chose to settle themselves at the expense of the economy. If we ask for the countries these "investor's" come from to investigate the investor criminals, all we will get is stories.

All these big banks are the life blood of their countries. The African gets punished for fighting back. They only want to create a false panic in the market. How else will they get us to keep selling ourselves by doing what they want? Does it make sense that Nigeria, the giant of Africa finally gets someone that is doing something about corruption, yet they predict doom and gloom. Isn't that in a normal country supposed to boost investor confidence? So what are we saying. Let us face our work and do the right thing for one, investors will come begging and then we can negotiate better terms. If we do not do this, Africa will not move forward. We Nigerian's are the light for Africa.

We are just finding our level economically. Let's be honest with ourselves here. We have nothing to show for the so called oil boom that will entice investors to even stay. Development does not happen on the pages of secret documents, it will be felt and seen if it was ever there.
I guess our telecoms becoming th biggest market in less than 5yrs of privatisation was a hoax too!!! Or our fast rsing banking sector (which mallam sanusi went and did exactly wha buhari did, by telling the world, they're weren't as big as they looked, thereby triggering panic redrawals and crash of stockmarket), I hope u knw what 180million ppl are? I hope u know what an economy is as opposed to liquidity. Buhari shot us in the foot. Sanusi did same and we haven't recovered till today. I'm beginning to sense these northerners are tryn to kill all forms of private investment opportunities, ie Fdi inflows, ier, etc so the civil service can continue to remain relevant, so their ppl can have jobs. Clash of interest (north vs south, we know most privatisation supporters reside in the souht and ofcos the north dreads the word itself) in a single nation, Are we truly a nation sef.?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by baby124: 6:07am On Nov 10, 2015
revolt:
I guess our telecoms becoming th biggest market in less than 5yrs of privatisation was a hoax too!!! Or our fast rsing banking sector (which mallam sanusi went and did exactly wha buhari did, by telling the world, they're weren't as big as they looked, thereby triggering panic redrawals and crash of stockmarket), I hope u knw what 180million ppl are? I hope u know what an economy is as opposed to liquidity. Buhari shot us in the foot. Sanusi did same and we haven't recovered till today. I'm beginning to sense these northerners are tryn to kill all forms of private investment opportunities, ie Fdi inflows, ier, etc so the civil service can continue to remain relevant, so their ppl can have jobs. Clash of interest in a single nation, Are we truly a nation sef.?!
The Telecom boom is all over Africa. Nigeria is a big market because of its population. Reason why we will always have investors. But how can we have investors who are invested in our country when we lack structure? Nigeria is an easy cow for many.
Which fast rising banking sector? Fast rising banking sector which mostly relies on illegal Parking of government money in their banks? Or the kind of banking we have where a bank CEO can pledge "customer" funds to a presidents campaign. Are you joking? That they will rather pay billions in fine than release the government money. Nigerian so called banking institutions are based on very false premises. From blatantly using government funds to sustain operations, to using ashewo to get business. If a bank has a good product or service, the bank will not need to go the length most Nigerian banks do. The fact is our economy is artificial, a lot of these fake shell companies need to close. A lot keep surviving on their ability to plunder Nigeria's purse. Let the companies go, so that true entrepreneurs can spring up.
Nigerian economy has always lacked structure because it has so many loop holes. The so called investors have been exploiters looking for quick cash in a corrupt environment. If we put our house in order these investors will invest in us. We can no longer survive doing things the way we have been doing. That is a fact.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by EternalTruths: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=Deltagiant post=39858022]Interesting

I'm not surprise because there's no clear policy direction.

Foreign Direct Investments are fast dwindling in a contraption whose source of revenue is 90% Crude Oil even as there is no electricity to aid the manufacturing sector.

How could such an economy be amongst the emerging markets...Emerging from where?[/quote]

Emerging from Buhari's body odour. grin
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by adconline(m): 6:15am On Nov 10, 2015
liberty300:
It's a shame that Buhari has decided to surround himself with praise singers and as$ lickers thereby completely blocking him from reality

GEJ lasted 6 yrs with sycophancy and blind loyalty... GMB will not last 1st term if he doesn't avoid these folks like a plague.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by 49cents(m): 6:19am On Nov 10, 2015
baby124:
Let us not claim we belong on the indexes when we clearly don't. Nigeria's presence on those indexes have been clearly fabricated. We are not even strong enough to have ever featured on those indexes. What ever we made from oil was stolen and not used to strengthen our economy. What ever investment they claim, is artificial and clearly one sided.

Our economy gains nothing when the so called investor bribes some criminals with scraps, so they can steal our common wealth. Most of these reactions are a fall out on Buhari's stand to strengthen the naira. If we don't stand up and sort ourselves, we will never be free from economic slavery. Let us focus on cleaning our dirty house before inviting opportunists to come and invest.

We need to focus on building a strong economy and stop electing dull people who cannot think past the crumbs they receive today. I am sure Nigerians will be shocked at how much was lost to these so called strong economies/ "investors" because some dull criminals chose to settle themselves at the expense of the economy. If we ask for the countries these "investor's" come from to investigate the investor criminals, all we will get is stories.

All these big banks are the life blood of their countries. The African gets punished for fighting back. They only want to create a false panic in the market. How else will they get us to keep selling ourselves by doing what they want? Does it make sense that Nigeria, the giant of Africa finally gets someone that is doing something about corruption, yet they predict doom and gloom. Isn't that in a normal country supposed to boost investor confidence? So what are we saying. Let us face our work and do the right thing for one, investors will come begging and then we can negotiate better terms. If we do not do this, Africa will not move forward. We Nigerian's are the light for Africa.

We are just finding our level economically. Let's be honest with ourselves here. We have nothing to show for the so called oil boom that will entice investors to even stay. Development does not happen on the pages of secret documents, it will be felt and seen if it was ever there.

You are just bent on defending the ineptitude of the government of the day!

Let's see how long you will go on with this
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by luvinhubby(m): 6:22am On Nov 10, 2015
yomi007k:

Pessimist.

We will produce our basics(food,toletories,drugs,fuel,clothes). And then grow gradually thus reducing unemployment.

We are solely a consumer nation. Gotta hustle.

My 10yr old son has a better knowledge of basic economics than you do.
You will produce your own everything & cannot produce your own electricity presently and you are using a foreign firm manufactured phone to type this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by EternalTruths: 6:24am On Nov 10, 2015
revolt:
I guess our telecoms becoming th biggest market in less than 5yrs of privatisation was a hoax too!!! Or our fast rsing banking sector (which mallam sanusi went and did exactly wha buhari did, by telling the world, they're weren't as big as they looked, thereby triggering panic redrawals and crash of stockmarket), I hope u knw what 180million ppl are? I hope u know what an economy is as opposed to liquidity. Buhari shot us in the foot. Sanusi did same and we haven't recovered till today. I'm beginning to sense these northerners are tryn to kill all forms of private investment opportunities, ie Fdi inflows, ier, etc so the civil service can continue to remain relevant, so their ppl can have jobs. Clash of interest (north vs south, we know most privatisation supporters reside in the souht and ofcos the north dreads the word itself) in a single nation, Are we truly a nation sef.?!

In a loud voice

Guy shake me

Voice lowered

You truly understand the Northern mindset.

Those guys despise privatization and will do anything to kill it.

Pazienza tonyebarcanista truckpusher Carnegiefan chukwudi44 Rose14 Rose24 lygn19 dearpreye firefire mogidi ezeagu kettykin deltagiant yujin and all other believer in a better economy etc

The post I quoted is what is playing out.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by baby124: 6:25am On Nov 10, 2015
49cents:

You are just bent on defending the ineptitude of the government of the day!

Let's see how long you will go on with this
I am not. I am giving Buhari his fair chance to do his work. Nigeria did not get like this in one day. His attempts are the most honest attempts to clean up our system, so I will give him a chance to. Pulling someone down who wants to create a structure in a complex environment like Nigeria is not a wise thing to do. It is too bad that we are just beginning to feel growing pains. I have nothing to gain from this administration. I am a neutral observer. If we don't do the best for ourselves, we have no where else to go. Let us see what he can do. We need to walk on the side of truth so we can have some pride. If there is structure in place, you won't have to work like a slave for a foreigner in your own country without benefits. You chose, instant gratification or long term benefits?
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2015
baby124:

You make lots of sense. Abeg pay no attention to the wailers, they'll never see anything good from this regime even if it hits them on the face. They throw insults rather than engage u interlectually. The bottom line is, they've lost the elections, let them continue to wallow perpetually in defeat and pessimism.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ERAKAMUS: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
The wise ones are entering the Noah ark to be saved from the flood(economic disaster) while the foolish gullible ones are still shouting change.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ERAKAMUS: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
The wise ones are entering the Noah ark to be saved from the flood(economic disaster) while the foolish gullible ones are still shouting change.
BUHARI HAS DESTROYED NIGERIA. #PATAPATA.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by onatisi(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2015
mployer:

What do you want to produce? Even china needed massive investment from Americans to get on track.
stop arguing with ppl like that. Their mentality is centralized and based only on the garri and egusi soup they eat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by onatisi(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
BUHARI HAS DESTROYED NIGERIA. #PATAPATA.
it remain small. Just wait till next year when he starts printing more naira into circulation as a means of easing the cash crunch in the economy
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by EternalTruths: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2015
onatisi:
it remain small. Just wait till next year when he starts printing more naira into circulation as a means of easing the cash crunch in the economy

That's why we must cut out before that Fulani emperor lands others in trouble. cool
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by flyingsnail(f): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2015
We don't need emerging market, we already have many markets at home

Saaii bAabaa

Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by ITbomb(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2015
abe4kom:
See gbege!

So what's the use of all the travelling to chatham house, UN, G7, G8, G9, even Western Germany?
He went to tell them how corrupt an average Nigerian is and that they should wait while he beat them to shape.
That is why Amaechi is a minister to help fight corruption.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by otokx(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2015
When it was there, what impact did it have on the common man?
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by Kestolovee95(f): 7:35am On Nov 10, 2015
If you know what is good for you, better start changing your naira to dollars and biafran pound. The zoo is crumbling without anyone pushing it. Like every artificial contraption it's end is near. No jupiter can change that.

My money is in Benin republic and saved in Biafran pounds.
Re: Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters by chase101: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2015
redsun:
There may be something good for Nigeria there. These international scam schemes in the name of economic theories,indexes,forexes and gdps don't really benefit the common people.

Economic doesn't have go be in books and specific regulations,rather it should be in practice,impulse and genuinely beneficial to the people.

Who feels,knows it. We don't need guidance to survive,all we need is our own instinct and intuitive understanding of the world we live in.
Please read carefully again, how can you say this, please don't do this to yourself in public

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Bought 90million Naira House For His Son From Money Meant For Arms / Nigerians Will Suffer If President Buhari Dies – Fani Kayode / Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.