Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? (7874 Views)

What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) / What Happens In The Grave When You Are Dead According To Islam / Role Of A Wife In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by folami86: 4:30am On May 15, 2009
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Tudor2: 8:32am On May 15, 2009
I think She has a fatwah declared on her,and she gets killed probably by her father. . . .savage!

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by PurestBoy(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2009
Beheadation occurs
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 15, 2009
Depends, if she's in the west or relatively more moderate countries, she may get away with it. In islamic republics though that would be tantamount to signing her death warrant.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by littleb(m): 12:25pm On May 16, 2009
davidylan:

Depends, if she's in the west or relatively more moderate countries, she may get away with it. In islamic republics though that would be tantamount to signing her death warrant.

I dont know when pastor david bacame a muslim judge?
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by littleb(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2009
Islam has a regulation for the matrimonial in which muslim couple could follow if either party left Islam. In Islam, marraige is a bond that shouldn't be broken except for compelling reasons. According to sharia, a wife is required to be asked if she wants to keep her marriage or file for divorce.
If she insists to stay with her husband, depend on the Islamic community they belong, however, generally, the husband is advice to marry another muslim wife to take cater for the children and the family, because such converted wife could be harmful to the family. Moreso, the husband possesses the right to divorce his wife if she denounce being a muslim engulfing not performing salat, remove hijab, adultery e.t.c.

If the wife could remain with such husband, the husband and the muslim community must ensure to secure the family in thier own capacity and let the woman know her rights as a non muslim under a muslim husband.

If a couple fears separation, you shall appoint an arbitrator from his family and an arbitrator from her family; if they decide to reconcile, GOD will help them get together. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant. Qr4:35

If such husband died, the woman should be denied the rights to whatever the husband left behind. In case of situation grows irreparably , divorce between them is thereby recommended. However, "among all the permitted acts, divorce is the most hateful to God" (Hadith). In most cases where this happened and that I have witnessed, such wife is mostly divorced. And in some cases, the couples could still be remarry themselves after thier first divorce in case if the wife reverted back. A situation which I have witnessed too.

The following ref. also applicable:

Divorce may be retracted twice. The divorced woman shall be allowed to live in the same home amicably, or leave it amicably. It is not lawful for the husband to take back anything he had given her. However, the couple may fear that they may transgress GOD's law. If there is fear that they may transgress GOD's law, they commit no error if the wife willingly gives back whatever she chooses. These are GOD's laws; do not transgress them. Those who transgress GOD's laws are the unjust. Qr2:229

You shall allow them to live in the same home in which they lived with you, and do not make life so miserable for them that they leave on their own. If they are pregnant, you shall spend on them until they give birth. If they nurse the infant, you shall pay them for this service. You shall maintain the amicable relations among you. If you disagree, you may hire another woman to nurse the child. Qr65:6
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by bawomolo(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2009
littleb:

I dont know when pastor david bacame a muslim judge?

isn't apostacy worthy of death in certain Islamic Republics?

abi na lie?
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by littleb(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2009
My response was basically part of the sharia rules on matrimony and it is applicable to a general community.

bawomolo:

isn't apostacy worthy of death in certain Islamic Republics?

abi na lie?
Yes, apostate could be killed, but not in all cases and it only applicable to apostates who live under an Islamic theocratic state. For much detail, check the following thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-185191.0.html

Look there is something called force majure in contract. No one can help the natural and untended act occurs. No one should be penalize for it. However, when you enter into a contract, with evil intention to destroy the other party, by your action, of failure to conform to what your duties are in the contract, then after a set of steps have been taking to bring to your notice your duty, there should be upon your refusal, a call to the abetrators or legal efforts to address the criminality of your action as the offending party.

Criminal and Civil judgement maybe the way to go. It is the same with the religion of Islam. Allah says that those who disbelief, after belief. And then belief again, and then disbelief again. This verse shows that not the mere leaving of Islam, or apostates of it is a ground for death penalty. It must have those other evil and terrible additional qualities.

If a man renounces his citizenship of a country is not enough for the government to want to kill him. But when he gets involved with undermining her security, in the effort of making it weak against its enemies, then the most liberal society will seek death penalty on his life!

Thing of it, it is better for a person to die, while million lives are preserved, saved as a result. When that person is evil, he should be made a true example of the ending of evil soul!

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by todak(m): 12:57am On Jun 04, 2009
@ bawomolo

So you can kill the mother of your children, just because she left islam? can you see the merciful and most-forgiving allah you serve?
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
My mother was never in Islam, during the lifetime of my father (ra). My father never forced her or harrased her, even though my father should have suggested Islam to her. If he did, my mother didn't take it, and she didnt lose her life. This alone is enough to disprove that "muslims kill their wives if not Muslimas."

My friend's father was the Balogun of Ijebuland before he died (ra). One of his wives, became a muslima when she married him. Then in the marriage or after it, she left Islam. She is still alive, in Lagos. Her children for the man left Islam. Unfortunately, these people when they leave Islam, the do not have the gut to change their names. I have many friends who came to Islam, from other ways of life, and they immediately change their names.

Not that names really matters. But it announces your identity, for people to know who you are. Incidentally, for the persons who hypotheised that parents religion is the only reason a person remains in Islam, I have news for you. My mother had more influence on me, way more than my father. My mother was a christian, up to the time I was in my late 40s. This means I was raised as a child by a christian mother.

Through all of that, I never at any time a christian. I remembered her asking us to knee for morning and evening prayers, the Christian ways. I never at anytime said "Amen", when Jesus name was mentioned. I went to Christian school(s), also. But through all of this, and now that my mother is in her twilight years in her 80s, she became Muslim, without me doing nothing but prayers to Allah to guide her out of "Tagut;disbelief."

I guess this is a miracle in itself, from Allah counted to the record of Miracles under Muhammad's prophethood (in the life of his follower; Muslim Olabowale (Karamallah)). I am now working on people in her bloodlines and unfortunately, those in my father's bloodline who have seen the ease of "disbelief" and left the rigor/demand of "belief": Islam.

And Late M. K. O. Abiola never divorced or killed any of his wives for not being muslim wife.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
littleb:

Yes, apostate could be killed, but not in all cases and it only applicable to apostates who live under an Islamic theocratic state. For much detail, check the following thread:

How was this different from what i said? undecided
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 1:30am On Jun 05, 2009
An apostate from living in Muslim Controlled society, if two conditions are present at the same time:

Lying about Islam, with the intention to discourage others to enter it, or those who are in it to leave it.
When the Apostate were called out, to stop or substantiate their claim(s), they ignored the warning or calls to be honest.

These two aspects, if it happens in any society the people will call for the head of the accused. In Islam, however, there is a trial process, while the secular nonislmic society, may just have a made for tv trial only. Islam calls for truth finding, in all of its issues or grievances.

Islam calls for preservation of life. When Islam as a religion, in its truest process takes a life, the process that lead to the accuse losing his life, is very thorough, and should be conducted in issolation or in secret. Such a person is not deemed as innocent, but a guilty party. The rights of the community as a whole is always more important than that of the individual, especially when it infringes on the rights of the people in that society.

Islam is not the first religious community that have this ruling in its foundation. However islam is the only religion that is true to its original intent, and foundation.

Jews kill people who dare challenge their religious authenticity. At least Jesus was recorded to at least be arrested for blaphamy against the core principle of Judaism that Yahweh/Jehovah (actually Eloi/Allah) does not have son or associate/equal. I concur.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by todak(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2009
And what do you think made the apostates leave islam? cos it is falshood. go to the middle east and see how they treat their apostate wives and even slaughter them. A

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by littleb(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2009
todak:

And what do you think made the apostates leave islam? cos it is falshood. go to the middle east and see how they treat their apostate wives and even slaughter them. A

You are a liar, be specific which part of the middle east and give examples. I think the bible has the judgement for apostate. when you find it, present it here.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2009
Todak forgets, conveniently that cultural heritage is completely different and separate from Islam. While I, a yoruba boy do not egt into all the yoruba cultures, especially when it disagrees with Islam. I will get into for example, Igbo, Edo, Hausa etc, etc, culture whereby it agrees with Islamic culture.

For example, I will wear Izar (wrap around cloth or wrapper),. The Igbos do the same. When the arabs who kill their wives, daughters, women folks for whatever reason, I see very clearly, that it is out of Islam.

Unfortunately, Todak and the arab who did the killing are both ignorance of islamic rulings. One did the killing. The other wrongly label it. Ol boy, Todak, I have news for you, Islam is complete. Muslims are striving. The muslims should be judged as believer, or ordinary muslims or hypocrite against Quran and hadith/Sunnah. Duuh.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by dexmond: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2009
Is it not cult-like to kill or threathen some one who wants to leave an organisation ?
hnmmmm, Reminds me of the occult and campus cult.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2009
@dexmond: Please tell me if University of Karachi has a chapter of the Ilya headquarters' Ile Ife's palm wine or kegger's club? Islam extends and is covering all parts of the world! Is Islam contrasted with any cult/occult, while Christianity is not? What about Judaism which has its major membership by a particular tribal birth; the whole of the Chidren of Israel's nations or tribes all are now simply called Jews?

While Christianity and Judaism are actually named after a man or a tribe of people, take your pick, like Buhddism after Buhdda, etc, Islam is not! How then you say untruth?
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by sleek29(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2009
simple question, kill her according to bukhari vol 4 no 260. allah will compensate you with 72 in paradise grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 11:59am On Aug 18, 2009
@Sleek29: We there women in Yorubaland who were born muslims, married Muslim husbands and post Naira devaluation under the Tyrannical Babangida became Christians, a religion like the "flavor of the month?" What did their Muslim husbands do with them? I have met many Aishas who said that she is a christian now along with her parents. Did the larger family; Grand parents and uncles and aunts, etc line these family with new religion (Kiriyo; Big Keferi I call them. Followers of Shaitan and Shayatin in my eye)up and kill them?

Yo guys just talk as the brain is removed from the cranum. $Osisi, am I correct; its called cranum, no?
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by muhsin(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
sleek29:

simple question, kill her according to bukhari vol 4 no 260. allah will compensate you with 72 in paradise grin

Don't know whats becoming of you; you these days defame, ridicule and dent Islam with gusto. Wish you'll get off this act as soon as possible, for it at least is not maturity, sensibleness or rational act. Thanks
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by sleek29(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
@olabowale, that's because we live in a secular society and its done in islamic societies,

@muhsin, the truth hurts sometimes but you need it cool
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Sleek29: You know am more yoruba than you? No? While you are sleek, am Olabowale. Now who should know about Yoruba Islam between you and I? Iroo to wa lenu iwo ogberon yi!
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hadith 4:260
Narrated Ikrima:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

And in the Quran, we read  2: 256 stating that there is no compulsion in religion. There are other verses in the Quran that point to allowance of going in an coming back to Islam. My saying so now is to indicate that Quran is not being abrogated by ahadith, except that ahadith explains it. But Quran can abrogate ahadith. A good example is the ransome payment which Muhammad (AS) decide upon by the suggestion of Abu Bakr over that of Umar Khattab (RA), which was abrogated by the Quranic verse saying to the Messenger that Allah's decision must be waited for before Muhammad enacted any action, in the future.

Sleek29, bring me a verse from the Quran that says when a person leaves Islam, regardless he must be killed. Then the ahadith will stand. We see that those who are killed according to the Quran did not just leave Islam, but embark or a campaign of lies and slander, while they are warned they did not stop doing it, until they were judged and seized and killed for their crime against the larger community. The muslims. The dean: Islam.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Nezan(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
In countries where you have muslim majority, the woman is promptly beheaded.
In countries where muslims are in a minority, the woman is spared.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by morpheus24: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2009
A lot of us suffer form one form or the other of Mental delusions and we propagate these ideas to the extent where this has become Mass hysteria.

The disease has infected 99.9 percent of the population.

Thankfully there is that set of anomalies which tries to keep the system in check.

Morpheus says " Free your mind"
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nezan is becoming a bore!Give me a Muslim country where they behead a wife just as soon as she leaves islam?

I already have answers waiting for your so called responses, Alhamdulillah.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
I think at the very least, the husband will divorce her, especially if he's a religious Muslim.

If he's an extremist then na deadly wahala be that.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by sleek29(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2009
@olabowale, simple again

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. Sura al-Tawba 9:5.

They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper Sura 4:89

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by muhsin(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
I feel sorry for ya, Sleek29.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Sleek29: This is a more complete read of of 9/5, read it from 9/3 to 9/6, at least. You see that to truncate a complete message to some part of it in the middle and pass it as the whole story, is the typical disingenuous attitude of disbelievers to Islam.

9:3 Muhsin Khan: And a declaration from Allah and His Messenger to mankind on the greatest day (the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah - the 12th month of Islamic calendar) that Allah is free from (all) obligations to the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) and so is His Messenger. So if you (Mushrikun) repent, it is better for you, but if you turn away, then know that you cannot escape (from the Punishment of) Allah. And give tidings (O Muhammad SAW) of a painful torment to those who disbelieve.

9:4 [b]Muhsin Khan: Except those of the Mushrikun with whom you have a treaty, and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor have supported anyone against you. So fulfill their treaty to them to the end of their term. Surely Allah loves Al- Mattaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

9:5 Muhsin Khan: Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

9:6 Muhsin Khan: And if anyone of the Mushrikun (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) seeks your protection then grant him protection, so that he may hear the Word of Allah (the Quran), and then escort him to where he can be secure, that is because they are men who know not.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by olabowale(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2009
Surah Nisaa: from 83 to 93. Read Sleek29 for understanding. Look and see what you are missing; mercy, forgiveness, and the most is OBEDIENCE!

4:83 Muhsin Khan: Then fight (O Muhammad SAW) in the Cause of Allah, you are not tasked (held responsible) except for yourself, and incite the believers (to fight along with you), it may be that Allah will restrain the evil might of the disbelievers. And Allah is Stronger in Might and Stronger in punishing.

4:85 Muhsin Khan: Whosoever intercedes for a good cause will have the reward thereof, and whosoever intercedes for an evil cause will have a share in its burden. And Allah is Ever All-Able to do (and also an All-Witness to) everything.

4:86 Muhsin Khan: When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things.[b]

4:87 Muhsin Khan: [b]Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Surely, He will gather you together on the Day of Resurrection about which there is no doubt. And who is truer in statement than Allah?

4:88 Muhsin Khan: Then what is the matter with you that you are divided into two parties about the hypocrites? Allah has cast them back (to disbelief) because of what they have earned. Do you want to guide him whom Allah has made to go astray? And he whom Allah has made to go astray, you will never find for him any way (of guidance).

4:89 Muhsin Khan: They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad SAW). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.

4:90 Muhsin Khan: Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.

4:91 Muhsin Khan: You will find others that wish to have security from you and security from their people. Every time they are sent back to temptation, they yield thereto. If they withdraw not from you, nor offer you peace, nor restrain their hands, take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them. In their case, We have provided you with a clear warrant against them.

4:92 Muhsin Khan: It is not for a believer to kill a believer except (that it be) by mistake, and whosoever kills a believer by mistake, (it is ordained that) he must set free a believing slave and a compensation (blood money, i.e Diya) be given to the deceased's family, unless they remit it. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you and he was a believer; the freeing of a believing slave (is prescribed), and if he belonged to a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance, compensation (blood money - Diya) must be paid to his family, and a believing slave must be freed. And whoso finds this (the penance of freeing a slave) beyond his means, he must fast for two consecutive months in order to seek repentance from Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.
Re: What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? by Nezan(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Please olabowale, what exactly are you implying from your long posts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? / Who Is A "true Muslim Man"? / Ramadan Is Here Again: What's Your Spiritual Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.