Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 (40030 Views)

The Last Statement Of Ken Saro Wiwa At The Military Tribunal On May 21 1995. / Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by EternalTruths: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2015
Lordave:
Evidence of the staunch tout you are making manifest despite how hard you tried to suppress it? cheesy cheesy

I can't believe this was the person I responded to. Chai, only if I had known you were like this!

Seriously, I thought this guy was a mischievous fellow with just little dignity cos of the fact he's human.
Was thinking this one was different from those brainless dolts that come here to just rain abuses without shame.

He said his people beat us black and blue

I asked him to explain only for him to tell me to read upside down

Are you sure the guy is not an imbe cile . undecided

11 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by EternalTruths: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

You are wrong,people were killed in those communities not mainly because they were of a minor ethnic group but because they were 'odinary' people,biafran supporters are being killed daily,but,men like kanu,tompolo,asari and co,can't be killed in a democracy.It would be a very big mistake regardless of their tribes.

There is a difference between killing supporters and destroying communities

OPC members were killed but no Yoruba town was destroyed.

Why.?

Majority factor. cool

8 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:

He said his people beat us black and blue

I asked him to explain only for him to tell me to read upside down

Are you sure the guy is not an imbe cile . undecided

Read his comment again,i think he said the north has beaten the se,blue black.

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:

There is a difference between killing supporters and destroying communities

OPC members were killed but no Yoruba town was destroyed.

Why.?

Majority factor. cool

Bro,you are digresing,someone-i am not sure if it was you-,said ken saro was killed because he was not from a major ethnic tribe,but i'm saying,he was killed b'cos we were in the millitary.Ken would still be alive by now if we were in a democracy regardless of tribe,thats why the ken-kanu comparision does not stand.

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by EternalTruths: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Bro,you are digresing,someone-i am not sure if it was you-,said ken saro was killed because he was not from a major ethnic tribe,but i'm saying,he was killed b'cos we were in the millitary.Ken would still be alive by now if we were in a democracy regardless of tribe,thats why the ken-kanu comparision does not stand.

Even in a military government, majority people are not manhandled any how once the people are resolute to pick up arms. cool

Fact cool

6 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by basilo101: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless you richly! We are NOT against the Northerners. They aren't our problem. Our issue is solely with the system that we want restructured.
stop deceiving ureself. how long have u been wanting to restructure. cant u see its the restructuring GEJ tried that drew the anger and of North and SW and whe kicked out! stop being naive bro.

11 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by basilo101: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2015
This is where Northern Billionaires are making billions. And some one was hung for seeking justice?

16 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by orijodeals: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2015
still hungering for justice in Nigeria abi

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by CpaWealth: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2015
hmmm
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by alopy(m): 11:41am On Nov 10, 2015
ON THE OGONI'S REMEMBRANCE DAY!
Final Statement From Ken'Saro Wiwa Before His Death.
My lord,
We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed
by their political marginalization and economic strangulation,
angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage,
anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every
ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot
be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the
ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations
which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.
I repeat that we all stand before history. I and my colleagues are not the only ones on trial. Shell is
here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel said to be holding a watching brief.
The Company has, indeed,
ducked this particular trial, but its day will surely come and the lessons learnt here may prove useful to it for there is no doubt in my mind that the ecological
war that the Company has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later and the crimes of that war be
duly punished. The crime of the Company's dirty wars against the Ogoni people will also be punished.
On trial also is the Nigerian nation, its present rulers and
those who assist them. Any nation which can do to the weak and disadvantaged what the
Nigerian nation has done to the Ogoni, loses a claim to independence and to freedom from outside influence. I am not
one of those who shy away from protesting injustice and oppression, arguing that they are
expected in a military regime.
The military do not act alone. They are supported by a gaggle of politicians, lawyers, judges,
academics and businessmen, all of them hiding under the claim
that they are only doing their duty, men and women too afraid
to wash their pants of urine.
We all stand on trial, my lord, for by our actions we have denigrated our Country and jeopardized the future of our
children. As we subscribe to the sub-normal and accept double standards, as we lie and cheat
openly, as we protect injustice and oppression, we empty our classrooms, denigrate our hospitals, fill our stomachs with
hunger and elect to make
ourselves the slaves of those who ascribe to higher standards,
pursue the truth, and honour justice, freedom, and hard work.
I predict that the scene here will be played and replayed by generations yet unborn. Some
have already cast themselves in the role of villains, some are tragic victims, some still have a
chance to redeem themselves.
The choice is for each individual. I predict that the denoument of the riddle of the Niger delta will soon come. The agenda is being set at this trial. Whether the peaceful ways I have favoured will prevail depends on what the
oppressor decides, what signals it sends out to the waiting public.
In my innocence of the false charges I face Here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic
minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History
is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Sura 42, verse 41: "All those that
fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor." Come the day.
Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by DeeHaywire: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2015
hmmmm
meanwhile,,, DJ Haywire's Slow But Dope Mixtape is out guys. Tha' best mixtape to listen in the morning with cool beats. The tracklist is

1.Kid Ink Ft Chris Brown Show Me
2.Falz - Karishika ft. Phyno x Chigul
3.Kid Ink Ft Chris Brown Show Me
4.Runtown feat Wizkid Bend Down Pause
5.DJ JIMMY JATT Ft Wizkid - FEELING THE BEAT
6.Burna Boy - Soke
7.Ketchup - PamPam
8.Timaya - Sanko
9.DJ Shabsy Ft. Kiss Daniel & Sugarboy - Raba
10.Larry Kuti - Olowo Fe Dabira (fast rising act.... dowload at iPunjab.Me)
11.Timaya X Endia X Yung L - Original badman
12.Chris Brown ft Nicki Minaj - Love More
13.Praiz - Sisi ft. Wizkid
14.Phenom - Murda Dem Rmx ft Wizkid
15.Wande Coal Ft. 2Face Idibia - Make You Mine
16.KCEE - Turn by Turn
17.Wizkid - Sound It (Prod. By Sarz)
18.Patoranking - Gal ting riddim cover
19.Chidinma X M.I Abaga- Lorry
20.Mc Galaxy - Go Gaga ft. Cynthia Morgan & JimmyJatt
21.Viktoh ft lil kesh - Skibi dat
22.Wizkid - Ojuelegba (DJ Wal Redrum Refix)
23.Reekado Banks, TJan, Attitude - Coded
24.Patoranking Ft Wande Coal - My Woman My Everything
25.Saeon ft. Wizkid - Boogie Down

The dowload link is http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3cdff54e
Thank you

P.S Go on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/djhaywire1 to see more updates. NL banned me from posting some of my other works
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2015
@Truckpusher, you have said that the system is your problem, fine and good. My question is what moves are you making to ensure that this system is changed?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2015
@Tonyebarnanista & Truckpusher, what are you doing to change the system and for how long are you willing to wait for the system to be restructured to what you think is best for all?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Sasuwa(f): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2015
Its a hypocrisy when someone support ken sarowiwa but detest shekau
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2015
RIP heroes.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by DOCTORDONE: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2015
RIP. Abacha!!!
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by omoelesa(m): 11:49am On Nov 10, 2015
basilo101:
This is where Northern Billionaires are making billions. And some one was hung for seeking justice?
People like orji uzo kalu,Arthur nzeribe,Arthur eze,cletous ibeto, Coslat Orjiakor etc also made their money or steal money indiretly from the same enviroment.Yeebos, thinks they deceive people to get their biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by sweatlana: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2015
And today the killer of Ken saro Wiwa. Best friend is president. How ironic and sad.

Continue to RIP OGONI 9

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by basilo101: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
Be thanking God for democracy after all Asari Dokubo picked up arms and fought until he was jailed and released - Nnamdi Kanu was hiding in Britain while agitating for something at home for his people that are searching for greener pastures in other lands and making progress.
You guys are really clowns.
Asari , Tompolo and Ateke didn't talk too much - they started talking with guns despite their minority status and your Govt keep paying them to keep quiet but Kanu was picked like a rat and Bubu isn't even talking about it despite your noise making.
Odi was levelled under democracy so u beta shut up., Only big tribes can agitate without their rights being violated, if u want to agitate u beta identify with big tribes or u will be levelled in a second, continue going about carrying minority tag everywhere, nothern minorities have since embraced arewa. . ur Niger delta republic could not last 2 weeks

10 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by miqos02(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2015
rip
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by nairaarea: 11:56am On Nov 10, 2015
Sasuwa:

Ken Saro Wiwa led a non violent struggle against environmental degradation of Ogoni land. He was not a terrorist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htF5XElMyGI

Misplaced comparison

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Sasuwa(f): 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
nairaarea:

Ken Saro Wiwa led a non violent struggle against environmental degradation of Ogoni land. He was not a terrorist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htF5XElMyGI

Misplaced comparison
bh and biafra are birds of a feather
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by funkybully(f): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sasuwa:

Thunder fire Ur goat bear bear ab0ki nama! If not for the injustice in this zoo, ken saro wiwa day should be a national holiday. Well it's unfortunate his ppl still see igbos as enemy. He betrayed Biafra and paid the supreme prize. He is forgiven

To Ur tents o Nigeria, give us Biafra, give them Niger Delta. The rest can join zoogeria

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by juman(m): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ugomba:
Nigeria indeed have many skeletons in its cupboard..

That country nah k-leg.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by kingofabia: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
Truckpusher:
With 3 million dead and starved children and a humiliating defeat which still echoes in the corridors of power while you permanently play the second fiddle to the other big two ? That's the most insane thing to do.
You guys are clown . grin

With 3million dead and starved children... i dont think u guys @ south south can boast of anything...I can imagine giving u 20pounds to start ur life all over again...I wonder where u wud b.. a nation that has been known for laziness and confusion . we dont need u to win biafra.. it will happen in your very eyes and i bet u.. your as licking leaders will ask to join.......as for u, we have always known that south south are bunch of sabotages... u r not any different from them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by sweatlana: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sasuwa:

How many people did Ken kill?
What is shekau fighting for?

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by favouritesahaba: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
You can only kill soul but you hardly kill ideas.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by mediachirps(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
'Sentimentalists' everywhere. Is only the kid that Bragg of how much he makes.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 by Ephemmm: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:

The problem with some minorities like him, is that , they don't know that the other big 2 look down on them as ants whose will do not count

Even Jonathan his brother has not being jailed because of the protection Igbos provide.

The day Igbos will abandon them, the ND region will witness lots of odi massacre. cool

Which protection are you guys providing for minority if not online ranting corroborated with the utmost desire forresource control? After all an Igbo man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. Gen Agunyi Ironsi set the foundation for the destruction of regional federalism in Nigeria. if not for his love for total control and domination (The disease of an average Igbo man), Niger delta would have be enjoying 50% resource control today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 day war.

Igbo primary interest is seperation from Nigeria with Niger delta as their trophy. Igbo wants a nation where they can become the lord, control and dominate others. Though I am not against your agitation for independence, but remember that without NDs, your agitation is nothing.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Trekking For GEJ Shows Off Blisters She Got From The Journey, Make CNN / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Onochie's Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Ayo Fayose And Wife, Feyisetan Fay­ose Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.