Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? (642 Views)

An Amazing Journey: How My Life Changed (this one no be Nollywood film Oh) / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum / Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2015
Is it just me or has the curriculum abi scheme of work used in Primary schools changed so much since we left?

My experience*****

...as I stepped out of the compound this morning for my normal hustle I beheld this young chap in front of the gate. I don't know him, I've never met him. He was standing beside his school bag with a book in his hands. He greeted me and the next thing I heard was Uncle please teach me.

I was surprised! I looked around rather involuntarily, maybe to know the people around who might see me jonse. The street was busy with people leaving for work and kids heading to school and I wouldn't want to decline this humble request.

I collected the text from the boy and the equation I saw at first glance was quite scary! I didn't want to embarass myself or even the boy by asking why nobody taught him at home or why he waited till this morning to get his homework done. You know, that might project me as lame. This boy already had the idea that every "uncle" can help out.

As I no understand question make I kukuma look example...na so e take be o. If not for the examples given, yours truly for truly jonse. I checked the name of this textbook and it was written "quantitative reasoning". But then, this is not the quantitative reasoning I solved as a Primary school pupil!

Abeg am I the only one with such experience?
Re: Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by Hayorstimmy: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2015
If u are nt academically sound dz days,dz small bois and gurlz fit disgrace person... I once had d same experience in church, wen one of ma relatives brought his assignmnt to me all in d name of trust nau. He said evryone at home did nt get d answer, I collected it and began to smile coz I dnt even know wia to start from. As a sharp guy nau I change am fr him, I excused maself and I quickly surf (google) d net jst to be sure if it was what came to ma mind.... That was how I got d real answer and on seeing him d nxt week, he thanked me (and i also thank google fr d correct answer) and said he scored evrytin and that d assigntment ws used as a continuous assessment fr them. Make sure u face ur studies o.

1 Like

Re: Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hayorstimmy:
If u are nt academically sound dz days,dz small bois and gurlz fit disgrace person... I once had d same experience in church, wen one of ma relatives brought his assignmnt to me all in d name of trust nau. He said evryone at home did nt get d answer, I collected it and began to smile coz I dnt even know wia to start from. As a sharp guy nau I change am fr him, I excused maself and I quickly surf (google) d net jst to be sure if it was what came to ma mind.... That was how I got d real answer and on seeing him d nxt week, he thanked me (and i also thank google fr d correct answer) and said he scored evrytin and that d assigntment ws used as a continuous assessment fr them. Make sure u face ur studies o.

grin grin grin I can imagine. THANKS to almighty google. Funny most people dont know its benefits....
Re: Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by stepo707: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
No much difference.. tongue
Re: Has Primary School Curriculum Changed This Much? by DebbyChris(f): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lol, Quantitative reasoning is a very trickish subject that requires lot of thinking. I also teach Quantitative reasoning, some times i spend minutes/ even an hour looking for a way to solve a particular question.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“mathematical” Opeyemi And The Making Of Another Nigerian Intellectual 419er / Whoever Knows Where This Girl Is Should Contact Mr. Tony Ipriye Uranta / The #saveoau Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.