Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians (2568 Views)

IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum / Finland Will Become The First Country To Remove Subjects From School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
Please where is the islamisation agenda in the new school curriculum as stated below?

I think it is high time C.A.N is called to order,to face its core mandate and fight for the rights of Christians,rather than fighting against the rights of others.

What concerns C.A.N with the study of Arabic as an alternative language of study,like french?

Who is stopping C.A.N from fighting for the introduction of Hebrew or Greek as an alternative language?

And who has removed CRK from the curriculum?

1.0 NEW CURRICULUM STRUCTURE FOR THE 3-YEAR SENIOR SECONDARY EDUCATION

• Compulsory cross cutting subjects:

• Four Distinct fields of study:
o Senior Secondary Education (Science/Mathematics)
o Senior Secondary Education (Humanities)
o Senior Secondary Education (Technology)
o Senior Secondary Education(Business)
• Subject offerings from the:
o Compulsory (cross cutting) core subjects
o Core subjects in the specialized fields of study
o Elective subjects
o Trade and Entrepreneurship.
1.0 SUBJECT OFFERINGS
A. COMPULSORY CROSS CUTTING CORE SUBJECTS:
1. English Language
2. General Mathematics
3. One trade Entrepreneurship Studies
4. Computer studies/ICT
5. Civic Education
All students irrespective of their field of study are to take the above listed compulsory cross-cutting core subjects.
B. CORE SUBJECTS IN SPECIALIZED FIELDS OF STUDY
HUMANITIES
1. Nigerian Languages
2. Literature –in- English
3. Geography
4. Government
5. Christian Religious Knowledge
6. Islamic Studies
7. History
8. Visual Arts
9. Music
10. French
11. Arabic
12. Economics
SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
1. Biology
2. Chemistry
3. Physics
4. Further Mathematics
5. Agriculture
6. Physical Education
7. Health Education
TECHNOLOGY
1. Technical Drawing
2. General Metal Work
3. Basic Electricity
4. Electronics
5. Auto Mechanics
6. Building Construction
7. Wood Work
8. Home Management
9. Foods & Nutrition
10. Clothing & Textiles
BUSINESS STUDIES
1. Accounting
2. Store Management
3. Office Practice
4. Insurance
5. Commerce
ELECTIVES
• Electives are subjects chosen outside the students specialized field of study. For example, a science student may decide to take music as an elective, where as a humanities student may choose commerce as elective.
• Elective ensure broad-based education without overloading the student
TRADES SUBJECT/ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. Auto body repair and spray painting
2. Auto electrical work
3. Auto Mechanical Work
4. Auto Parts Merchandising
5. Air condition/Refrigeration
6. Welding and fabrication engineering craft practice
7. Electrical installation and maintenance work
8. Radio, TV and Electrical work
9. Block Laying, Brick Laying and Concrete Work
10. Painting and Decoration
11. Plumbing and pipe fitting
12. Machine woodworking
13. Carpentry And Joinery
14. Furniture Making
15. Upholstery
16. Catering and Craft Practice
17. Garment Making
18. Textile trade
19. Dyeing and Bleaching
20. Printing Craft Practice
21. Cosmetology
22. Leather Goods Manufacturing and repair
23. Keyboarding
24. Data Processing
25. Store Keeping
26. GSM Maintenance
27. Photography
28. Tourism
29. Mining
30. Animal Husbandry
31. Fisheries
32. Marketing
33. Salesmanship

Source:

https://web.facebook.com/NERDC/posts/483142431711395?_rdc=1&_rdr

Now read the lies and mischief of C.A.N:

''THE Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has met with Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to protest the inclusion of Islamic Arabic Studies into secondary school curriculum without providing for Christian Religious Knowledge as tending towards an islamisation agenda.

Led by its President, Rev Dr Samson Olasupo Ayokunle, the association said in a meeting with Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja that the action was a time bomb which must immediately be diffused.

In his address at the occasion which was made available to the media in Abuja on Thursday, Ayokunle, who regretted the removal of religious studies from secondary school curriculum, described the move as obnoxious, divisive and ungodly.

He told the Acting President: “We are here to point your attention to a time-bomb, obnoxious, divisive and ungodly secondary school curriculum that the Federal Ministry of Education is introducing into our schools and of which we had earlier complained to the Presidency.”

He said the first attempt to introduce it had been suspended following CAN’s protest but had now been brought back.

While noting that a state had already started its implementation, the CAN president said it was “an ill-wind that blows nobody any good for so many reasons.”

He added that in this curriculum, Islamic and Christian Religious Studies will no longer be studied in schools as subjects on their own but as themes in a civic education, adding that Islamic studies had however been made a compulsory alternative subject to French for students in sections of the curriculum.

CAN argued that since French teachers were scarce in the country as against a glut of Islamic teachers, Christian students would be forced to take Islamic Arabic Studies.

The association stated: “As prophets to the nation, we demand a complete withdraw and ban of this curriculum. If allowed to be implemented, it would lead us to a godless nation with violence and all forms of ungodliness as the order of the day.

“Furthermore sir, this curriculum went ahead to introduce Islamic Arabic Studies in another section together with French and made one of the two compulsory for the student.

“You are aware that we have very low percentage of French teachers in all our secondary schools in Nigeria. I am sure that over 80 per cent of our secondary schools do not have French teachers at all but have Arabic teachers.

“The implication is that Christian students would have no choice than to study Arabic. If a Christian student voluntarily goes to study Islamic Arabic Studies, there is nothing bad in that because some of us in both religions had done that before for better understanding.

“However, where the student is tactically forced into studying it because the alternative subject does not have teacher to teach it, it is a great problem tending to islamisation.

“Still in this curriculum, Islamic Religious Knowledge was equally made available as a subject in another section without any corresponding availability of Christian Religious Knowledge.

“Is this not a divisive curriculum that can set the nation on fire? Is this fair to millions of Christians in this nation?

“A Christian student in a secondary school in Kwara State had the body lacerated with cane by the Arabic teacher because the pupil refused to do Arabic Studies when French teacher was not available and Christian Religious Knowledge, Hebrew or Greek were not part of the options at all.

“If we are going to do pilgrimage together as a nation, there must be fair play, mutual respect for one another and justice which can be brought about by different arms of government.

“We demand for justice from the government on this matter very quickly.

“We would request for a return to the curriculum we were using before this dangerous one which did not produce insurgents or a wrongly indoctrinated Nigerians. A stitch in time saves nine.”

CAN made other demands of the acting President which included the arrest and prosecution of “murderous herdsmen,” arrest and prosecution of those who called for the expulsion of Igbos in the north, making youths entrepreneurs and stoppage to kidnapping on the nation’s highways.''
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
Muslim Apologist. We all know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
TarOrfeek:

Didinrin,what is the truth?

6 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Nkita! ask your President!

3 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by ubongoton(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
may Allah punish you if you dont show us the junior secondary school curr..even to the primary schools,
See you cant blind us,i was shock to see one stupid corper from yobe trying to teach junior student in akwa ibom state islamic studies when it was time for c.r.e.are you trying to say that CAN are saying it to get money?
Explained

1 Like

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
TarOrfeek:

Don't just come here and tag someone an apologist .
Show us proof to dispute what he said.
Let us learn to debate objectively

7 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
bkool7:

Let us learn to debate objectively
In this propaganda fuelled machine, called Buhari government. Judge, Jury, Courtroom and Law.
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
ubongoton:
may Allah punish you if you dont show us the junior secondary school curr..even to the primary schools,
See you cant blind us,i was shock to see one stupid corper from yobe trying to teach junior student in akwa ibom state islamic studies when it was time for c.r.e.are you trying to say that CAN are saying it to get money?
Explained

CAN is just trying to be relevant
Following CAN CAN't get you to heaven

7 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
TarOrfeek:

In this propaganda fuelled machine, called Buhari government. Judge, Jury, Courtroom and Law.
I'm a teacher . I've you seen the new curricullum ? There is no scheme in it that portrays Islamization . As a Christian , I don't put my faith in any politizied CAN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
bkool7:

There is no scheme in it that portrays Islamization . As a Christian , I don't put my faith in any politizied CAN
Hopefully you may be vindicated.
Out your faith in the truth. CAN is fighting for the Faith, not yours.
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
bkool7:

There is no scheme in it that portrays Islamization . As a Christian , I don't put my faith in any politizied CAN
put your faith in the truth. CAN is fighting for the Faith, not yours.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
ubongoton:
Explained

And may the holy ghost fire consume you for not realizing that the issue here is secondary school curriculum.

Whether you like it or not,Arabic is fast becoming an international language ,spoken by many countries across the world,just like french.It is now taught in many top schools around the world,including extremely christian dominated countries like UK and USA.

How many countries are speaking Hebrew or Greek grin

Those who introduced Christianity to you are allowing the teaching of Arabic in their country,without any complaint from christian bodies.

Nowadays,knowledge of Arabic language is an added advantage, for Nigerians(muslims and christains) wishing to work and live in oil-rich Arab countries.

Continue to cry and wallow in your dogmatic religious sentimentalism.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by ubongoton(m): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
bkool7:

CAN is just trying to be relevant Following CAN CAN't get you to heaven
Happily arewa group will lead u to hell for sure

1 Like

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
ubongoton:
Happily arewa group will lead u to hell for sure
They'll lead only those that follow them to hell

1 Like

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by okosodo: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
CAN should never be compared with people who just follow one psychopath That has distorted the minds of billions to die and go to hell because of virgins. They know what they are saying. Many christians also work in ghat ministry
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
TarOrfeek:

put your faith in the truth. CAN is fighting for the Faith, not yours.

CAN is lobbying and fighting for the faith of politicians not that of believers because God doesn't elect , HE selects

And they're all hypocrites!
They glorify the corrupt virtues of politicians , follow them on private jets but can't tell them the gospel truth .
All the faith I need is in the Bible not in a politizied CAN

5 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by ubongoton(m): 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

And may the holy ghost fire consume you for not realizing that the issue here is secondary school curriculum.

Whether you like it or not,Arabic is fast becoming an international language ,spoken by many countries across the world,just like french.It is now taught in many top schools around the world,including extremely christian dominated countries like UK and USA.

Those who introduced Christianity to you are allowing the teaching of Arabic in their country,without any complaint from christian bodies.

Nowadays,knowledge of Arabic language is an added advantage, for Nigerians(muslims and christains) wishing to work and live in oil-rich Arab countries.

May the oil rich arab countries kill you,
I see why trump ban you people. Dirty set of idiot from abraham's maid
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
ubongoton:

May the oil rich arab countries kill you,
I see why trump ban you people. Dirty set of idiot from abraham's maid

I never new I was engaging an idiot and religious bigot in an intellectual discuss. undecided

No contribution to knowledge, except abuses.

Even your Trump cannot afford to toil with Arab countries ,where he has billions worth of investments.

What will kill you is already within you.

5 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by APCsupporter: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
ubongoton:
Explained

stop disgracing yourself my friend! Arabic is just a language. lalasticlala please take this to fp.

8 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by APCsupporter: 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
The foolish CAN should have known that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Arabic-speaking Christians. Arabic is the most widely spoken language in Africa. They are just good-for-nothing trouble makers.

9 Likes

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by ubongoton(m): 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
GoodGovernance:

I never new I was engaging an idiot and religious bigot in an intellectual discuss. undecided

No contribution to knowledge, except abuses.

Even your Trump cannot afford to toil with Arab countries ,where he has billions worth of investments.

What will kill you is already within you.
Thank God you missed letter K (as if you knew it from onset).cause i can never and will never engaged to a cunt who are hypocrites of the highest rank,...
Effect of arabic language in you
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by MistadeRegal(m): 1:45am On Jun 17, 2017
GoodGovernance:

You have no reason to call anyone 'dindinrin' because we all know the truth indeed.
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Siryear: 2:00am On Jun 17, 2017
bkool7:

I'm a teacher . I've you seen the new curricullum ?
There is no scheme in it that portrays Islamization .
As a Christian , I don't put my faith in any politizied CAN
u are not a christan. And if, don't b a senseless christain
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by MistadeRegal(m): 2:12am On Jun 17, 2017
With both your post, your words, your claims and all your comments shows your real personality.

You just shot yourself in the leg with everything I've read here so far posted and commented by you..
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 17, 2017
Nigerians should be careful. These people are not to be trusted. All the same, I know that Arabic can never be taught in parts of Biafra. Maybe in Nigeria but not in Biafra. Especially Igbo land. I don't really trust the South South.

Please say no to Arab. We already have 2 international languages. French and English. Anything Islam should be rejected with all forms of passion and vitality. Teach IRS to those that need it and CRS to those that need it. But never make any of them compulsory.
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by bkool7(m): 8:42am On Jun 17, 2017
Siryear:
u are not a christan. And if, don't b a senseless christain

I'm a Christian alright , the diff is just... I'm not an hypnotised CAN ass licking one
why should I believe CAN when I'm involved in the process ? A teacher is the captain of his class and the scheme is a map . I don't think any school will adopt any knowledge inimical to learning because most schools and sometimes teachers modifies the scheme to their taste .
I , myself , I'm the sole pilot of my subject . I choose what is relevant in the scheme and add what my students need to learn . That's why we need just good and qualified teachers . we don't need CAN playing politics with children's education like they did in Osun .
In my school we have Muslim students and we don't even teach Islamic religion . We teach all of the CRK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by lilmeek(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2017
I'm really disappointed in you guys commenting on this thread with ENGLISH Instead of the so Called
ﻫﺠﺎﺀ ﻋﺮﺑﻲ
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by abumeinben(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2017
Does the op know what has gone down before this publication?
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by savagefinder: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
GoodGovernance:

Don't be ignorant.. Britain, USA and France, China, north Korea do not allow teachijgbof religion in their schools. Including Italy..

Arab doesn't mean it's a added advantage, if you really want to know the language that the world is tilting to. Ask the Indians .the level of cheap and quality labour from there is amazing..

Which country outside Africa and Arabian countries speak Arab? Outside Dubai.. How many of these countries are not ridden with war?
Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by Zeinymira(f): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
We should have this on FP, mynd44. There are just too many hypocrites in our community and CAN is one of them

1 Like

Re: Here Is The New Secondary School Curriculum,C.A.N Has Misled Ignorant Nigerians by hiabaeson: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
I checked up the link and it was dated July 2012. I think the issue on ground has to do with the most recent curriculum that is yet to be implemented. kindly go back to your source and give us the recent curriculum if possible. cos I think it is yet to be published.

(1) (Reply)

Countdown On The World's Deadliest Birds Of Prey / Free Udemy Courses / Admission Form For Bells University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.