Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (582 Views)

7 Moments That Will Make You Proud Of Being Nigerian / Nigerian And Cameroonian Soldiers Conduct Joint Raid Against Boko Haram. Photos / Nigerian And Indian Firm Agree On Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2015
Something a friend said this morning during our conversation that got me thinking:

"There's nothing to be proud of in this country- absolutely nothing, if there's one, please tell me"

So my fellow Nigerians Please kindly share the things/areas you're proud of in Nigeria
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2015
I'm tempted to agree with him but let me hear from you first

You can chose any of the following areas to talk about or add yours if it's omitted here

1. Roads
2. Water
3. Electricity
4. Quota system of getting admission/job
5. Security (sleeping with two eyes closed)
6. Social security
7. Job opportunities
8. Education
9. Healthcare
10.Judiciary
11. Human rights
12. Inter Ethnic relationship
13. Transportation system
14. Productivity(Goods we export)
15. Standard of living
16. Cost of living
17. Access to bank loans
18. Country's database
19. Speed regulation amidst good/bad roads
20. Customer service in offices
21. Airports/Airplanes
22. Availability of Fuel
23. Recognition of talents
24. Our international passport
25. Oil spillage

Mature comments please.
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2015
There might be nothing to be proud of in Nigeria but there's definitely something to be proud of as a Nigerian because Nigerians have peculiar attributes that tell them apart from other black people.
This why you should be a proud Nigerian.
*Your tenacity.
*You're always optimistic.
*You know how to have fun.
*You're hard working.
*You're smart.
*You're intelligent.

These are attributes that marks you apart from other Nationalities.

You might want to read this just to show you the ingenuity of Nigerian.

www.nairaland.com/2726494/ridiculous-things-people-make-money#39870028
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2015
Brandnew2:
There might be nothing to be proud of in Nigeria but there's definitely something to be proud of as a Nigerian because Nigerians have peculiar attributes that tell them apart from other black people.
This why you should be a proud Nigerian.
*Your tenacity.
*You're always optimistic.
*You know how to have fun.
*You're hard working.
*You're smart.
*You're intelligent.

These are attributes that marks you apart from other Nationalities.

Thanks for your input
So is there not something you can say you're proud of in Nigeria?
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by kYjelly2: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2015
The country is a shiiiit hole

we can't even get constant electricity in 2015, that is the most painful to me. My inverter batteries are dead, now I have to go look for 200k from somewhere to buy new batteries

what country have u gone to for vacation that doesn't have electricity
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2015
kYjelly2:
The country is a shiiiit hole

we can't even get constant electricity in 2015, that is the most painful to me. My inverter batteries are dead, now I have to go look for 200k from somewhere to buy new batteries

what country have u gone to for vacation that doesn't have electricity

I've never really thought about it this way and now that I did, I feel like I've bn living in denial all my life. That's why I'm trying to get opinions so I don't conclude hastily
Go to our embassies and see how people are trooping out en mass. It says a lot
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by deloon(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
I think I agree with your friend.
Re: Being Nigerian And Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by TechRev: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
I know I know what to be proud of,

killing middle beltans by sliting the throat of 3yr olds like a sala ram!!

Who said that

(1) (Reply)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Within 7days Or We Shut Down Oil Production / How Much Is Fuel In Your Area? / Boko Haram Kills More People Than ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.