Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. (40497 Views)

Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly / Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari / DASUKI GATE: Speak Up, Nigerians Tell Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 11, 2015
onoja12:
Thanks for reminding me. going by per capital earning what number those u.s.a, china and Russia fall, please tell the world and for your info per capital earning, is in terms of standard of living on not wealth of the country.

Please stop talking. You are embarrassing yourself...
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Orobo2Lekpa: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
bettercreature:
A period when Nigerian pound is higher than us$
A period when UNiversity student are fed 3 times daily
A period when you'd get job immediatly you finished your UNI
A period when there was 24/7 electricity
Just to mention a few,military regime destroyed Nigeria,that is the fact
The OP doesn't have much senses
How can a sane man says,a country of 160million people,selling 2.4million barrels of oil per day with tonnes of other available resources,is not rich?

There should be a few caveats in your post

1. When University students were fed 3 times a day, the total university population in Nigeria was less than 20,000. Back then Education was still a privilege and not a right. As the student population continue to increase the burden the finances became unsustainable

2. Linked to the first answer, Nigeria was producing less graduates than jobs available. This was the same era when almost anybody that graduated from law went on to become a magistrate, judge, SAN or top shot lawyer. Basically there was no competition for places

3. Saying Nigeria had 24/7 light is very relative. In the 60s and early 70s, electricity was mainly only in urban areas and we did not have that many electronic or electrical products that required electricity. Back in those days electricity was only required to power fans, radio sets, TVs, electric bulbs and the refrigerator. As we developed, electricity became more widespread and we have more gadgets and industries consuming electricity. Uptill today I don't think we have 75% coverage of electricity in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Fearcom(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2015
I don't get it.

If Nigeria isn't rich, why hasn't she collapsed after hundreds of billions of dollars have being milked from her constantly?
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by ifdaeg(m): 11:01am On Nov 11, 2015
We call ourselves one Nigeria. But a yoruba man is yet to be governoer in Anambra or Kano, an Ibo man is yet to rule in Oyo stte or Kogi state, an Hausa man is yet to govern Ekiti state or Abia state. Yet a kenyan whose only reason for being an American is citizenship by birth is American president today. Lie never develops a people, Sincerity does.

1 Like

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by jackima: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
As man thinketh so is he.

Honestly if you have gone out of Nigeria and visited some African Countries you will thank God for Nigeria and appreciate Nigeria.

The very best is always yet to come!

It is not a lie we are getting there gradually.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by adconline(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
jackima:

Honestly if you have gone out of Nigeria and visited some African Countries you will thank God for Nigeria and appreciate Nigeria.

African countries like where?? Pls don't mention Sonalia or Chad!!
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by ChriisDiamond(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Its idiotic posters lyk OP dat makes it look as if Nigeria ll neva progress.Nt saying dat our country doesnt have issues,it has a hell of a lotta issues,bt 1 tin i ve seen dat is constant with the so-called developed countries is dat each nd every 1 of their citizens av infinite pride in dere country(evn before dey bcum developed).When u neva expect anything good frm ur leaders nd u ar busy castigating ur country,hw do u xpect d country 2 progress.what av u as a citizen done 2 beta d country,wot has bin ur contribution.I am very sure dat if u were given the mantle of leadership,in a few years Somalia ll b lyk Dubai compared 2 Nigeria,Have faith nd tins ll bcum beta(mayb nt 4 several generations) bt it ll definitely come.Bt we Biafrans are not waiting 4 all dat.It is indeed time 4 change.Nd it is nw time 4 all proud sons & daughters of Biafran Nationality to rise up as one 2 overthrow the shackles of economic nd political despondence dat we v been subjected 2 4 so long.Join ur voices to the hue nd cry of Biafran patriots both here nd in diaspora so that our fight 4 indigenousity ll b granted.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by onoja12: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
because you got an apology,you think you are something.my friend shut up and answer the question.what is your Google failing you all of a sudden.

og2711:

Please stop talking. You are embarrassing yourself...
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2015
jackima:

Don't mind them. You know, I had a Ugandan friend who was stunned after I told him I went to my vlllage for christmas. He said in Uganda there is nothing like that. That villages are totally neglected and backward. Folks in the cities rarely returned there. Many had no clue which 'village' they were even from. You have to park your car and take footpaths to reach many of the villages.

We take so many things for granted in Nigeria.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by zumbigbo(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
Rossikk:

Don't mind them. You know, I had a Ugandan friend who was stunned after I told him I went to my vlllage for christmas. He said in Uganda there is nothing like that. That villages are totally neglected and backward. Folks in the cities rarely returned there. Many had no clue which 'village' they were even from. You have to park your car and take footpaths to reach many of the villages.

We take so many things for granted in Nigeria.

Congratulations...progress dey grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by hahn(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bump
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 04, 2017
naso2:

Guy you are too much.

In fact whenever I tell guys that Nigeria is not a rich country , you come face to face with the degree of ignorance in the land, even amongst so called graduates. always you hear this overused line that "Nigeria has a lot of untapped resources". na today?

I think u may need to review even the per capita income, except if this recent rebasing of the economy has shot it up this much. I no think say the thing reach $1000 sef
u are just a fool, do you know that a British senator said that if the amount of money stolen in Nigeria is stolen in Britain, Britain will cease to exist. that's how rich Nigeria is, so stop saying wat u don't know
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2017
Zellie:
I wish I wasn't Nigerian, this country is too messed up sad
then wat will u say if u were a Syrian or a lybian or u were from Sudan or somalia. IDIOT

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dozens Of Bandits Neutralized, Camps Destroyed By Air Strikes In Kaduna / Presidential Rally: People Arrested With Jazz In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Hoodlums Burn Declan Emelumba's House In Ubulu, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.