Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly (3198 Views)

'Declare Zamfara State Of Emergency' - Nigerians Tell Buhari On Twitter / Plan To Make Osinbajo President Will Fail - Arewa Youths Tell Yoruba Leaders / Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell Nass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Obascoetubi: 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nigerians have called on the
National Assembly to declare
Acting President, Prof Yemi
Osinbajo president of Nigeria.
Their call came following the
Sunday’s announcement that
President Buhari has decided
to extend his vacation
indefinitely in the UK.
The presidency in a statement
on Sunday said Buhari would
no longer return home today
as he would stay back to
undergo some tests.
Many Nigerians who spoke
with DAILY POST on Sunday
asked the national assembly to
declare Buhari incapacitated
and install the acting
President, Osonbajo the
president.
A political observer, James
Edeh blamed the presidency
for refusing to disclose the
true status of Buhari’s health.
‘I think it is high time the
national Assembly declared
Buhari unfit. They cannot
continue to toy with over 160
million people. The truth is
Buhari is no longer fit to rule
this nation. Let them install
Osinbajo as the new leader,’
he said.
Also speaking, a chieftain of
the Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP, in Kaduna State, Jamil
Seidu warned the presidency
to stop playing hide and seek
game with the President’s
health.
He said, “Enough of this hide
and seek game. Let them tell
us whatever it is. We are tired
of this drama. From every
indication, Baba (Buhari) is no
longer active to lead this
country, let the Vice take over.”
Social and political analyst,
Segun Adewale said Nigerians
are tired of waiting for this
president, saying that, “if the
worst has happened, they
should let us know. We are no
longer happy with the
development.”
Similarly, a quick look at the
social media show that many
Nigerians are venting their
spleen over the extension of
Buhari’s vacation.
Many social media users, who
expressed their views asked
the president to address the
nation via a live broadcast to
be sure he is still alive.
Daily Post
http://www.dailycorrespondents.com.ng/2017/02/declare-osinbajo-president-now-nigerians-tell-national-assembly/

1 Like

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
Endorsed! grin
Down with that Shogun of sadness ... up osunbade! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by limeta(f): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
The north is at a dead end.
I don,t feel a ting for them.

15 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by porshnuel: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
declare bubu dead.. abeg na beg i dey beg cos ah problem knwn is ah problem half solvd

4 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by ozoigbondu: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
I humbly support this motion

The dullard might be channelling his inner yar adua for all we know

5 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by tobida: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
Tinubu is their father... Baba nla! cool

4 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Thewrath(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
E be like say una want make una Fulani masters up north take una for SW do suya grin
Constitution or not,the north may not go down without a fight.
Either way,this film go sweet die.

6 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by tobida: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
They better not waste time becos Nigerians are already screaming. Any time wasted will only aggravate the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by dingbang(m): 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
We are an impatient country

1 Like

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2017
Silly educated illiterates, how many constitute the Nigerians that they are talking about are supposedly calling for this?

A media house such as the Daily Post can't even hide its political bias as it clumsily packages this short sighted silly opinion of a single clannish politician - who apparently arrogates to himself the power to speak for all Nigerians - abeg, who is deceiving who?

The president has been away for just over 10 out of his 30 working days entitlement, having constitutionally handed over to the vice president, who is currently fully in charge - without leaving any power vacuum, so I wonder what the fuss is all about?

On what grounds then do they intend to declare him incapacitated without having prior access to his medical records?
Well, assuming even if he were to be in coma right now I believe there must be a clearly stipulated period before such a clause could be invoked in order to allow for the possibility of his full recovery and I am sure it cannot be just 10 days.

Who ever is therefore spinning this yarn is not only silly but also presuming most Nigerians are equally silly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Danzakidakura(m): 12:26am On Feb 06, 2017
Yoruba's have being praying to take over power, they will be disappointed instead we will go to war. a Yoruba man cannever take over power somebody from north central we want. when I was serving in Taraba state a Yoruba friend of mine told me that they want buhari to die so that osibanjo will take over power and they will use it and develop their region very well, after that Nigeria can then break. but God will frustrate the council of ehithopel.

5 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by marshalcarter: 12:35am On Feb 06, 2017
worst country ever seen
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Ever8054: 12:40am On Feb 06, 2017
not Nigerians but ipob and PDP members so pp change your headline
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:53am On Feb 06, 2017
JAGABAN NOW

8 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 06, 2017
Not gonna happen. There is a constitutionally laid down procedure for an orderly transfer of power.
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by masterblogger(m): 12:58am On Feb 06, 2017
k
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by masterblogger(m): 1:01am On Feb 06, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
Silly educated illiterates, how many constitute the Nigerians that they are talking about are supposedly calling for this?

A media house such as the Daily Post can't even hide its political bias as it clumsily packages this short sighted silly opinion of a single clannish politician - who apparently arrogates to himself the power to speak for all Nigerians - abeg, who is deceiving who?

The president has been away for just over 10 out of his 30 working days entitlement, having constitutionally handed over to the vice president, who is currently fully in charge - without leaving any power vacuum, so I wonder what the fuss is all about?

On what grounds then do they intend to declare him incapacitated without having prior access to his medical records?
Well, assuming even if he were to be in coma right now I believe there must be a clearly stipulated period before such a clause could be invoked in order to allow for the possibility of his full recovery and I am sure it cannot be just 10 days.

Who ever is therefore spinning this yarn is not only silly but also presuming most Nigerians are equally silly.
j
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Mznaett: 1:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Oh NIGERIA! my once cherished country!
How has the mighty fallen?shocked
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by EasternActivist: 1:09am On Feb 06, 2017
Tinubu planned this from onset...
He is evil and needs to be shamed...
Osibanjo can't be the president bc he is a stooge and a puppet.

4 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by tomakint: 1:55am On Feb 06, 2017
Danzakidakura:
Yoruba's have being praying to take over power, they will be disappointed instead we will go to war. a Yoruba man cannever take over power somebody from north central we want. when I was serving in Taraba state a Yoruba friend of mine told me that they want buhari to die so that osibanjo will take over power and they will use it and develop their region very well, after that Nigeria can then break. but God will frustrate the council of ehithopel.
Ordinary to spell Counsel of Ahithophel correctly you no gree and I wonder which school damaged you? Council of ehithopel ko, council of Ethiopia ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Jengem: 2:05am On Feb 06, 2017
Bubu the grandpa who did not want to enjoy a simple life but wanted to take nigerians to the grave

1 Like

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Iamwrath: 2:17am On Feb 06, 2017
Rubbish

You'll be the ones to tell them,?

. As if your opinions on Nairaland ever mattered
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by cktheluckyman: 2:26am On Feb 06, 2017
Nigerians or Afonjas? Afonjas better get ready to battle the north alone.I can assure you there will be no support from the East

7 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by vicadex07(m): 2:28am On Feb 06, 2017
Danzakidakura:

IPOD baboon. You seem confused.

Fake Aboki, you be Christian or Muslim ?
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by vicadex07(m): 2:31am On Feb 06, 2017
cktheluckyman:
Nigerians or Afonjas? Afonjas better get ready to battle the north alone.I can assure you there will be no support from the East

Ibos are already acting envious of Yorubas.

Abeg go siddon... We no need help from biafRATS that are usually wasted like chicken.
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by freeze001(f): 2:41am On Feb 06, 2017
I think the proper thing for the senate to do is to reject that shoddy letter. There is no where it happens that one will be granted an indefinite extension of leave or time. Next, a properly written letter signed by the president should be transmitted within no more than 3-4 days; it should also be accompanied by a detailed medical report of his condition that warrants such a request for extension. If the presidency does not comply then it is okay to indict the president for dereliction of duty and swear in the Acting President as substantive.
Meanwhile Osinbajo should kindly forward Onnoghen's name to the Senate for confirmation as CJN to avoid long stories, after all he sent Magu's name for confirmation the first time.

1 Like

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Ekiseme(m): 3:43am On Feb 06, 2017
this country don tire person

1 Like

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by MakeADifference: 3:57am On Feb 06, 2017
Please where is that Baba I see in front there? He is one of those who are cruelly silent today.

tobida:
They better not waste time becos Nigerians are already screaming. Any time wasted will only aggravate the masses.
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by TPAND(f): 3:58am On Feb 06, 2017
I'm still amazed Nigerians never learn anything from history.

Like Umaru .... Like Muhammed

#Oshisko

All the idiots that voted this man called Muhammed should cover their face in shame

Soyinka, Bakare and Tinubu are not the frontiers of the oodua race. They speak for themselves and not for us.

2 Likes

Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Maybe OP and the Nigerians he refer to , fail to realise that Osinbajo is the acting president and has assumed all the powers of the presidency.
Re: Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly by ScotsReferendum: 4:36am On Feb 06, 2017
Afonjas deceiving themselves

(1) (2) (Reply)

UN Vows To Protect Kanu As His Life Is At Danger / Pat Utomi Scammed Of 22.5 Million Naira / Outrage As Old Man Marries Beautiful Underage Girl In Imo State (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.