Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

10 Tips On Writing A Good Project Report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Tips On Writing A Good Project Report (1061 Views)

Chemical Engineering Final Year Project Report (case Study: Mango Seeds) / 10 Tips To Score High In 2018 JAMB UTME / If You Are ABUJA Based Kindly Help Me With My School Project Report Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips On Writing A Good Project Report by SchoolGist24(m): 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2015

Are You a final year students or you are yet to know how to present your project report? Here are 10 tips that can guide you in better presentation of your project.

1. Introduction

Write the title of the project on the top. The title of the project normally does not give much idea on the project. So, you have to give an introduction to the project. This is a general discussion on the topic and what you are planning to do. You may also write about the outline of the report (i.e., what are the chapters and materials given

2. Problem Statement, hypothesis and rationale

Justify your selection of the project in 50 to 100 words.

3. Work Plan

Write in short about the scheme of work to complete the project.

4. Methodology

In this chapter you should write how you have done the project, when you did it (month, day etc.) should be given here.

5. Results

Present the data (results) obtained / collected through experimentation, study and survey. Relevant maps, figures, tables etc. should be given in this chapter. Take care to make your presentation as simple as possible. Tables, diagrams etc. also should be understandable to all and should be systematically presented. Do not analyse your data or draw conclusions in this chapter. In fact, up to this chapter you are not supposed to give your own opinion, analysis and interpretation.

6. Data Analysis

Analyse the data presented in the ‘Result’ chapter and try to co-relate them. Do not come to any conclusion or offer any suggestion in this chapter.

7. Conclusion

You know how to draw conclusions based on analyzed data. Include your suggestions that, you think, can solve the problem in hand. Also write about scope for future work.

8. Solution to the Problem

Once you implement a permanent (more or less permanent) solution to the problem write down the steps of implementation and how you have solved it. Figures, photographs, maps, letters, articles published may be given along.

9. Acknowledgement
Acknowledge the help and co-operation you got from various individuals and organizations. Remember that, you should record your thanks / gratefulness to all those who have helped you or encouraged you, it does not matter how small the help may be
or how less important the person may be. However, this chapter should not preferably be more than one page in length.

10. Reference
This is the last chapter of your project report. Here you should quote all study materials used (e.g., books, articles, news paper, personal interviews etc.) You should write references in a specific order.

Source: http://schoolgist24.com/general/tips-on-writing-a-good-project-report/

(1) (Reply)

Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA / UNILAG ADMISSION Runz And Slots 100% Safe Available / Can I Sue A University 4 Nt Offering Me Admission Despite Havin All Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.