Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA (1067 Views)

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo / FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React / Policemen Beat A Delegate At The NANS Convention In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA by Appswheel(m): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dear Alumni/Alumnus,

The date for the 2016 National Convention is no longer news (Friday, February 19 – Saturday, February 20, 2016), the event is to be held within the school premises – Federal Government College Ugwolawo, Kogi State.

The Agenda for the event has been set as follows:

1. 19th February, 2016 – Ebo Night/Dinner Party @ Wisdom Home Hotel, Anyigba – Kogi State. Time – 6.30p.m.
2. 20th February, 2016 – Arrival at Ugwolawo from Anyigba at 8.00 a.m.
3. Breakfast in the College Dining Hall at 8.30 a.m.
4. Registration at the College Assembly Ground at 9.45 a.m.
5. Constitution Review by the Congress at 10.a.m.
6. Dissolution of the current Exco.
7. Elections.
8. Launch/Departure.

What you are unaware of is the fun associated with the trip, I’ll speak for the Lagos Contingent (We No dey carry last!). An air conditioned 30 seater bus has been arranged for the trip. Snr Ebie Leonard will be traveling in the bus, what that means… there will not be a dull moment and a lot of gist on interesting past time – unlimited school life gists.

Gbemi, able President of Lagos Chapter will be in the bus, do not be surprised if fried Chicken or turkey is served intermittently during the trip. To add to the fun is the immediate Past President of Lagos Chapter, Mr. Uchenna Nnoli, no limits to the humor the road trip holds, with Mr. Uche be sure of sound intellectual discuss laced with spontaneous and rib cracking humor.

Chinenye Monube is planning to make the trip as well, if you do not know her, she is the Welfare Officer of the Lagos Chapter. She is lively, quite adventurous and a 1st class baker. There are indications that she will be serving her Chin Chin during the trip, this means you may have a hard time choosing between Gbemi’s Chicken and ChiChis delicious Chin Chin… You can settle for both!

There are indications that Mr. Emenike Kelechi will be on board, if that is confirmed, the Chicken and Chin Chin will be accompanied with the finest wines.

Emmanuel and Blessing Ocheja have confirmed their attendance; with Emma and his Crew, there can be no dull moments, the latest dancing steps in Naija will definitely be showcased at the National Convention Ebo party.

I will leave the other thrills to be unveiled during the Trip.

Dear Alumni, All is set for the National Convention, what is left is for you to confirm your attendance. All Lagos Chapter members are expected to donate a sum of 5,000 Naira to cover their transport fare (To and Fro). Individuals are to make arrangement for their accommodation.

Note that those who cannot afford the 5,000 Naira Fare but willing to attend the Convention are welcomed, such individuals should indicate interest by responding to this mail. If you have the means but your schedule will not permit you to attend the convention, consider donating for those who cannot afford the fare.

May I use this medium to thank does who have contributed towards the transportation purse so far. I pray God to increase and prosper you.

Your presence at the 2016 convention will go a long way in making it a Success.

Please if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

FGCU…. BETTER TOGETHER!!!
2016 CONVENTION…… COME ONE…. COME ALL

Regards,

Olorunfemi Babatunde
PRO FGCUOSA LAG

1 Like

Re: Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA by Appswheel(m): 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
NATIONAL CONVENTION RESCHEDULED FOR MARCH 11, 2016

Dear Alumni/Alumnus,

This is to inform you that the National Convention earlier scheduled for Feb 19-20, 2016 has been rescheduled for March 11, 2016.

This is as a result of the National Election scheduled by INEC for Kogi on February 20th.

We regret any inconveniences this development may cause you.
Re: Fgcugwolawo Old Stds Association: 2016 NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA by Appswheel(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
FGC UGWOLAWO OLD STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (FGCUOSA) HOLDS HER NATIONAL CONTENTION MAR 11 - 12, 2016

The FGCUOSA National Convention earlier scheduled for February 19 -20, 2016 has been rescheduled for March 11 -12, 2016 due to Kogi State Eastern Senatorial election that held on Feb 20, 2016.

I am using this medium to call on every Alumni/Alumnus of the college to be part of the event and more importantly to associate with the Old Students Association.

The National Convention is aimed at evaluating the impact and contribution of the Association to the development of the College and to better position the Alumni to deliver on her objectives and goals.

As an association, we make collective efforts to contribute meaningfully to the development of our Alma mater not leaving its welfare to the exclusive purview of the Federal Government, while at this, the Alumni takes proactive steps to ensure the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Education discharges it responsibilities to the college.

While composing this notice, I recited our School Anthem thrice and have this question for you – did you mean the words of the School Anthem when you sang them?

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UGWOLAWO SCHOOL ANTHEM
God bless thee my alma-mater,
Our only pro-unitate,
Your praises we are singing hither,
Our source of sound inspiration,
You are the pillar of our foundation,
You gave us basic education,
Federal Government College Ugwolawo,
My alma-mater, my alma-mater,

From places we have come around,
To study in harmony,
In you were the shining years,
We saw the light of our future,
You gave me hopes, I had my dreams
To you praise be forever,
Federal Government College Ugwolawo,
My alma-mater, my alma-mater.

I am particularly drawn to these lines, “You are the pillar of our foundation”, “you gave us basic education”, “You gave me hopes, I had my dreams”.

The training you got from the institution formed the Pillar of your educational foundation, what are you doing to ensure that it remains a strong foundation for many years to come, for the unborn generation?

During my time, I remember how the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in conjunction with the school authority arranged for Subject Teachers in Mathematics and other Subjects to mitigate the shortage of Teachers. These Teachers were on the payroll of the PTA. If our Parents could make such sacrifice, how much more is expected from us as Alumni’s, particularly those living their dreams – Just like we sang in the Anthem many years ago.

My thoughts – One of the key purpose of the School Anthem is to instill patriotism in us as Alumni. We should not forget too quickly the impact the college made in who we are today and will become tomorrow. Do not just take Pride in being an Alumni/Alumnus of a Federal Government College, contribute to the welfare of F.G.C Ugwolawo with your time, finance, Connections and Knowledge.

Let’s do this for Posterity.

Lagos Chapter February 2016 Monthly Meeting is scheduled as follows:
Date - Sunday, February 28, 2016.
Time – 2pm
Venue - Meeting Ground @ 6 Kernel Street (By UBA Bank), Off Bode Thomas Street Surulere, Lagos.

Olorunfemi Babatunde
PRO – FGCUOSA LAGOS.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Where Can Some One Who Studied Forestry And Widelife Work / Solve This If You Think You Are Smart / Honorary Degree: Any Usefulness ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.