Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... (977 Views)

A Picture That Depicts When Children Are No Longer The Leaders Of Tomorrow / We Deserve The Leaders We Get: GEJ Vs The APC, Buhari And The Change In One Pic / NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
While growing up, I have always been confronted with this phrase which has in fact become a mantra "the problem of Nigeria is bad leadership"; this had always been my conception of our predicaments as a nation, not until now that I happen to be a blown adult, civil servant and social commentator keenly observing the polity, I have come to realise the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians as a people and the leaders are only a reflection(mirror image) of who we are.....

In a society where the ordinary citizens are abreast with the popular notion that "government property no be my papa property" and as thus government facilities under your care are handled like it is alien with levity, vandalised and items whisked. A society where the common Nigerian sees every opportunity in government service as a means to milk dry that office, even a messenger in service will not go on his duty until tips are given to expedite actions...A society where contracts are only assigned on the premise 30-40% of cost is remitted to the assigner, irrespective of how the job is done. ..... A society where everybody is concerned about his/her pocket irrespective of how his quest affects the next man (this as much is commonly displayed by commercial drivers that see nothing wrong in obstructing traffic just to embark/disembark his passengers)...
A society where we see it as a crime paying for government services rendered but will smile while paying for privately owned ones without rancour, only to comeback and abuse the government facilities when they fail.
I have a relative who happens to be a public prosecutor, I was startled when I was told how bribes are been collected by[i][/i] colleagues to sweep cases under the carpet , and files kept unreached , even cases of murder...
Now, these are done by civil servants that are part of the ordinary masses that castigate the government day and Night, (but do not see their actions as playing a wreckage role)
A people where those serving in government are only expected to loot and steal, and if they don't , they are ravished with abuses , you hear vain remarks "he spent 8 years in government and have nothing to show" , while those that steal are hailed, worshipped and highly revered having minions both offline and onlinethat are ready to die for him, as long as the proceeds of the loot get to them, irrespective of how small...

In my time of self introspection when we complain about the security agents, I only smile,as we perfectly deserve what we are getting, because they are only replicating what is done in our offices, in their own office (which fortunately happen to be the road, and stations), the leaders as well, they are all displaying our Nigerianity. So we all are having a taste of our own food.... but fail to understand it .

the consequences
the citizens (me and you) re the constitute of the government, we make up the government ( not just the governors n commissioners) , everyone being concerned about their pockets are only killing the system, as a system needs collectivity to work and not individuality. The precarious situation of today's Nigeria is the resultant effect of greed of individuality, covetousness and wickedness
It might also surprise you to know all persons involved in this public theft are committed in their different churches holding various revered positions,falling under anointing on Sundays and see absolutely nothing wrong in their illicit acts , (as for them that is business and not church)...

the solution
A revolution by youths of like minds, that revolution can start anywhere , from you, from me, from my write up..., Strong institutions needs be created and manned by resolute minds with a common goal, re orienting young Nigerians to understand what government really means and entails...
Do more of working and less of praying (we have prayed enough, ) as most of those people praying are the ones killing the system....

THANK you ..... Mr. RAY (social commentator/analyst)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by olafum1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
sad
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Psylas(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
the people are the govt
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
U re very correct bro; I only wish we come to the realization of this.
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by ckmayoca: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bros from my own point of view its our leaders because 1. Our law is not effective. How can I stand against a police who is not upright and u expect his dpo to believe ur word over him?
2. People work and not get paid and yet hear the leaders embezzling huge cash and no one is ever in jail.

3. Those that eventually get locked up stays in a furnished house for 1yr and call the cell? I and u expect the hard working citizen not to build dem own pocket?

Common... there has to be strict law and order which only our leaders can initiate then u will see how afraid the citizens wld be.
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Spot on sire!!! U nailed it...
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by saint047(m): 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
If the geographical location of the Nigerians Ken Saro Wiwa fought to save makes you think he's not a National hero,

You're an ethnic bigot
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by cyndax(f): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
the problem with Nigeria is the people...and the leaders ..infact..."everybody" is the problem...
First....the citizen...seem to forget the limits of their human rights...the tend to forget the power the have in them as a whole...to impeach the bad leaders...but as the CASE maybe everybody is now corrupt and greedy..making them to turn a blind eye on the progress of the country..giving upper hand to corruption...
On a second thought...Nigeria has its own constitution..but what is written in it..is it been carried out? No...coz...everybody is kow corrupt...
Thirdly is Nigeria realy practising a FEDERAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT...or OLIGARCHY...talk more of ANARCHY...
In nigeria what needs to be done should be done..and properly done accordinv to the constitution.
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2015
ckmayoca:
Bros from my own point of view its our leaders because 1. Our law is not effective. How can I stand against a police who is not upright and u expect his dpo to believe ur word over him?
2. People work and not get paid and yet hear the leaders embezzling huge cash and no one is ever in jail.

3. Those that eventually get locked up stays in a furnished house for 1yr and call the cell? I and u expect the hard working citizen not to build dem own pocket?

Common... there has to be strict law and order which only our leaders can initiate then u will see how afraid the citizens wld be.

My brother ; you fail to understand something; the government is formed by you and I; and in the Nigerian context, everybody is searching for their pocket.... when this laws are enacted, it will take civil servants and ordinary citizens like me and you to ensure it is obeyed... , the agencies to carry out this onarious task, are made up of people like me n you; and they'll hide to collect money, and allow these laws thwarted... but nobody looks at them; just the man ontop...
Do u know why the U.S is the bastion of democracy, and the system works, it is because of the people their; immediately your neighbour sees fishy things, he reports immediately... u buy things from a merchant with very huge capital and pay upfront; he(the merchant) immediately notifies the authorities(not minding the patronage u give to him) can thesame be said for an average nigerian?(who we all know is a fraudulent fellow)....
My brother; a snake cannot give birth to a ship; the leaders are a product of the people... they are only exemplifying Nigeria...

It is the sad truth...
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by ckmayoca: 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:

My brother ; you fail to understand something; the government is formed by you and I; and in the Nigerian context, everybody is searching for their pocket.... when this laws are enacted, it will take civil servants and ordinary citizens like me and you to ensure it is obeyed... , the agencies to carry out this onarious task, are made up of people like me n you; and they'll hide to collect money, and allow these laws thwarted... but nobody looks at them; just the man ontop...
Do u know why the U.S is the bastion of democracy, and the system works, it is because of the people their; immediately your neighbour sees fishy things, he reports immediately... u buy things from a merchant with very huge capital and pay upfront; he(the merchant) immediately notifies the authorities(not minding the patronage u give to him) can thesame be said for an average nigerian?(who we all know is a fraudulent fellow)....
My brother; a snake cannot give birth to a ship; the leaders are a product of the people... they are only exemplifying Nigeria...

It is the sad truth...

You can't compare our law and forces with there... even a 3yrs old boy can dial 911 but in nigeria a lot are even afraid to report a case to police cos of the way our police handles people so as to praised. U report a caase of robbery to a police and they maake u pay before they follow you. So bros he go hard small ooo.
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by ckmayoca: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Raymondenyi:

It is the sad truth...

You can't compare our law and forces with there... even a 3yrs old boy can dial 911 but in nigeria a lot are even afraid to report a case to police cos of the way our police handles people so as to praised. U report a case of robbe.ry to a police and they make u pay before they follow you. So bros he go hard small ooo.
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 12, 2015
saint047:
If the geographical location of the Nigerians Ken Saro Wiwa fought to save makes you think he's not a National hero,

You're an ethnic bigot
how does this relate to the post? I no just understand; many people just carry various sickness dey come this nairaland..m
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 12, 2015
ckmayoca:

You can't compare our law and forces with there... even a 3yrs old boy can dial 911 but in nigeria a lot are even afraid to report a case to police cos of the way our police handles people so as to praised. U report a case of robbe.ry to a police and they make u pay before they follow you. So bros he go hard small ooo.
it is easier to point blames my brother; but are we doing the little we should on our own side?
Re: The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders..... by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Checkd

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Agitators Are Hungry, Frustrated Youth- Ojukwu / And Now Jonathan Is Vindicated. / Hard Times Await Illegal Miners - Hon Minister Of Solid Minerals (dr. JKF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.