Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War (1878 Views)

DANGER: YORUBA, Araba Fulani & BIA BIAFRA (part 2) / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / Exposed The Formerly Secret Files On The Nigerian War Over Biafra Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
For those of you who did not read the first piece of my article that was published in the Nigerian Daily - Daily Independent

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/how-nigeria-must-deal-with-biafra/

https://www.nairaland.com/2704993/how-nigeria-must-deal-biafra

I have continued to follow the story of Biafra, and I feel deeply concerned that we are gradually slipping into something that can make history repeat itself again! Here are somethings we must consider:

1. If anything, we must learn from history. Boko Haram started as a simple agitation for better governance in the North East in addition to installing sharia law in the region. No one cared. Politicians used and funded them to get political mileage, the apparatus, then got taken over by foreign interest, and today they are a group that have potentially ravaged Nigeria. Making Nigeria have the third highest population of refugees anywhere in the world. It has claimed the lives of over 20,000 people, diverted investments worth billions of dollars, and have put Nigeria on the map as a terrorist state. Had our leaders paid closer attention, stemmed it when it started small, we would be singing a different song today.
Though Biafra is by NO MEANS a terrorist organization, its gradual momentum, can become a huge security, political and economic problem that could become bigger than Nigeria, especially when foreign interests decide to cash in.

2. Remember Niger-Delta militancy? It started by simple agitations and protests, no one ever believed that Nigeria would be drawn into a war with militants. We thought it was a joke, till the headlines of CNN and other major news media around the world focused their lenses on the Niger-Delta. Even though the amnesty offer brought some solace, we still have pockets of that cancer that has the potential to become metastatic. Biafra would be much worse.

3. The killing unfortunate of 2 Biafran protesters has been used a leverage to propagate hate for the Nigerian state. It corroborates what the Biafrans are figting for - the killing of their people by what they refer to as the "zoo republic". In fact, since the abduction of Nnamdi Kalu, it has been reported that over 500,000 additional people have downloaded the "Radio Biafra" app. You need to listen to the radio and the people who call in to know that this is no joke and would only grow.

4. The banning of protest by Nyesom Wike only makes it worse. Nigeria is threading on a path of another war, that could potentially be very different from 1967.

5. We can't have millions matching and the west remaining silent. Foreign interests must definitely explore their options for plunder. Remember the mass protests in Libya, Egypt, Belarus, etc and how the west took it to their advantage of the internal chaos to exploit their interest. We must remember that Biafra is in the oil belt of Nigeria, this could become bigger in no time than Nigeria ever expected. Caution and tact must be applied.

6. Again, I call on PMB to release to Nnamdi Kanu, sit down and talk with him and his group. The Biafran struggle is growing bigger than Nnamdi Kanu envisioned. The arrest of Kanu has only fueled the agitation, increased the awareness among igbos, and brings interntional attention. Western interest do not care about African interests, and by the time countries starts covertly pitching their tent, we could have a fully armed struggle.

It is time PMB does the right thing. Keeping Nnamdi Kanu only makes Nigerian security very frail. We are almost having two countries in one. This is very dangerous for our country and democracy. We have two national flags flying in the same country. PMB must act and must act fast!

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

-CramJones

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by vladimiros: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Jonathan had a National convention, APC said it wass bullshit

we create our own problems in this country

all Buhari needs is too read the report of the Convention and start applying it and the protest will die..

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by INTROVERT(f): 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
I think the poster above me makes some kinda. sense

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Demmocrats(m): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
I love my sai Buhari but i think his making a wrong decision by ignoring this issue.

I taught this write up will be like barcanister's type of write up but i was wrong, i take a bow for the OP for such analysis especially the Wike's own.

I pray this issue will be resolved very soon but if they continue to ignore those guys my sai Buhari might be the last president of a united Nigeria.

I pray the almighty should give him wisdom to act now by listening to the demands of this people by releasing Kanu.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by warrior01: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you Cramjones at least your sanity is gradually returning. Please don't relapse

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by bettercreature(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
This government need to wake up before this little protest turns into deadly war,this is exactly how arab spring started in Tunisia

1 Like

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Macelliot(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
There are four highly gifted people, The Chinese, The Jews, The Germans and the Igbos. - Dr. Thomas Sowell.

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Ufranklin92(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
the thing is that the president is too proud of himself,thats the first thing that destroys a leader

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by KinkyAngela(f): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Chukwu okike abiama blaster the intestine of any heeebo man that does not want to go back to Biafra

all heeebos must go back to heeeboland

quote me and DIE !!!
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by bettercreature(m): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Macelliot:
There are four highly gifted people, The Chinese, The Jews, The Germans and the Igbos. - Dr. Thomas Sowell.
Dunce! thinking like a rat

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Donlino(m): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
If we go to war... who will lose?
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by egift(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
The last exercise about 2 million people died. How many will die next? If you want to find out continue this current protest.
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
Even as I sleep I dream of Biafra....

Even as am awake, I think of the fastest means of achieving its restoration.

I love my papa land.
The land of the rising sun....

But come to think of it, two countries can't have same president. Country of 95% and country of 5%.
Logically buhari divided the country into two and now see the consequences. And he better see it to the end or die seeing.

Anyways For me biafra has to come. So that citizen's can achieve their sole aim of coming to this world..

I reject dieing with my destiny in Jesus name. Amen.

11 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Macelliot(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Dunce! thinking like a rat
You mean Thomas Sowell?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Emekamex(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
A simple and permanent way to solve this or any other subsequent agitation is EQUITY and JUSTICE. They won't be tension in any sphere of this country if everyone is treated fairly regardless of tribe, religion, gender, whether majority or minority; doing so will also foster unity that has been so much lacking in the Nigerian people. This is a simple solution but pride and greed won't let our leaders implement it.
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by bettercreature(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
This website is also part of the problem,i can't simply understand why it's difficult for moderators to take down all the biafra tread or simple censor it
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Themonster: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
i just dey laugh at gullible fellows who thinks that these protesters are joking. grin

cramjones let me add this

the Nigerian government with their gullibility doesn't know that a single person that can command this crowd and loyalty is deadly.

A crowd that keeps protesting in front of guns and many artillery without fear of death hmmmm dangerous it means they are ready to die defending freedom even when they are being killed.

arm this guys with good weapons and i swear Nigeria won't survive it because while battling them they'll loose focus on bokoharam making bokoharam to invade north east and you know what it means?

the end of Nigeria grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Themonster: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
bettercreature:
This website is also part of the problem,i can't simply understand why it's difficult for moderators to take down all the biafra tread or simple censor it

will the mods take down twitter and Facebook too?

hahahahaha

this has gone beyond nairaland and you know that grin

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rubbish...

so buhari should sit down with one miscreant because of what? Look, the south east can burn their region down for all I care. At the end of the day, only the southeast will bear the burns.

For people that have shown so much hate for buhari even before he won the election, I don't think it will be OK for him to sit with one miscreant called kanu.

KANU must rot in jail.... Let alaigbo burn-down for all I care...

Nonsense
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by EternalTruths: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
egift:
The last exercise about 2 million people died. How many will die next? If you want to find out continue this current protest.

Descendant of a fallen Angel called Oduduwa abi na Obatala grin

" Satan has come to steal kill and destroyed." Bible

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by vladimiros: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
bettercreature:

Fighting free speech with censorship will make things worse

1 Like

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Themonster: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
egift:

yes when the time comes even saboteurs like you won't be spared by them grin

i uploaded one video sometimes ago on one saboteur captured by Nigerian soldier that denied his people (igbos) in front of foreign journalists during the Civil War he even accused his people of trying to kill him because he supports one Nigeria, the solders promised the journalists to take the man to their camp and feed him only to tie up the man and shoot him to death when the journalist left.

so don't think that because you support apc you'll be spared if they catch you that time you'll realize that this party things are just nonsense and that no matter your support they'll always despise you grin

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Kastonkastroll(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Buhari is a military man so basically these silly protests won't hit a single nerve in him. Ibos, you lost an election, _fucking pick yourselves up and move on like everybody else.. This silly post election violence which is hidden behind the mask of Biafra won't bring Jonathan back.......

Before election = gej till 2019
After election = Biafra

I will really be disappointed if buhari addresses this Biafra nonsense. Ignore them and roll the tanks on them if the protest becomes violence.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by egift(m): 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
EternalTruths:
Descendant of a fallen Angel called Oduduwa abi na Obatala grin

" Satan has come to steal kill and destroyed." Bible

Ignorance is harvesting cassava on your head.
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by vladimiros: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Buhari is a military man so basically these silly protests won't hit a single nerve in him. Ibos, you lost an election, _fucking pick yourselves up and move on like everybody else.. This silly post election violence which is hidden behind the mask of Biafra won't bring Jonathan back.......

Before election = gej till 2019
After election = Biafra

I will really be disappointed if buhari addresses this Biafra nonsense. Ignore them and roll the tanks on them if the protest becomes violence.

This is part of the problem, if Buhari does not address it, it will get worse, all Buhari had to do was ignore Nnamdi kalu. but he arrested him

secondly, the Confab report would have died down this protest if Buhari won and address the confab...

Buhari has no other option, he fvcked up by arresting Kalu and ignoring the Confab report, when Tribalism enters politics Shite gets real
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by DaBullIT(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
Where's part I?
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Ibebe: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
They (SE/their masters) can kill each other, but keep the SW out of it.
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Ikengawo: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
[s]
cramjones:
For those of you who did not read the first piece of my article, kindly click here to get the gist.

I have continued to follow the story of Biafra, and I feel deeply concerned that we are gradually slipping into something that can make history repeat itself again! Here are somethings we must consider:

1. If anything, we must learn from history. Boko Haram started as a simple agitation for better governance in the North East in addition to installing sharia law in the region. No one cared. Politicians used and funded them to get political mileage, the apparatus, then got taken over by foreign interest, and today they are a group that have potentially ravaged Nigeria. Making Nigeria have the third highest population of refugees anywhere in the world. It has claimed the lives of over 20,000 people, diverted investments worth billions of dollars, and have put Nigeria on the map as a terrorist state. Had our leaders paid closer attention, stemmed it when it started small, we would be singing a different song today.
Though Biafra is by NO MEANS a terrorist organization, its gradual momentum, can become a huge security, political and economic problem that could become bigger than Nigeria, especially when foreign interests decide to cash in.

2. Remember Niger-Delta militancy? It started by simple agitations and protests, no one ever believed that Nigeria would be drawn into a war with militants. We thought it was a joke, till the headlines of CNN and other major news media around the world focused their lenses on the Niger-Delta. Even though the amnesty offer brought some solace, we still have pockets of that cancer that has the potential to become metastatic. Biafra would be much worse.

3. The killing unfortunate of 2 Biafran protesters has been used a leverage to propagate hate for the Nigerian state. It corroborates what the Biafrans are figting for - the killing of their people by what they refer to as the "zoo republic". In fact, since the abduction of Nnamdi Kalu, it has been reported that over 500,000 additional people have downloaded the "Radio Biafra" app. You need to listen to the radio and the people who call in to know that this is no joke and would only grow.

4. The banning of protest by Nyesom Wike only makes it worse. Nigeria is threading on a path of another war, that could potentially be very different from 1967.

5. We can't have millions matching and the west remaining silent. Foreign interests must definitely explore their options for plunder. Remember the mass protests in Libya, Egypt, Belarus, etc and how the west took it to their advantage of the internal chaos to exploit their interest. We must remember that Biafra is in the oil belt of Nigeria, this could become bigger in no time than Nigeria ever expected. Caution and tact must be applied.

6. Again, I call on PMB to release to Nnamdi Kanu, sit down and talk with him and his group. The Biafran struggle is growing bigger than Nnamdi Kanu envisioned. The arrest of Kanu has only fueled the agitation, increased the awareness among igbos, and brings interntional attention. Western interest do not care about African interests, and by the time countries starts covertly pitching their tent, we could have a fully armed struggle.

It is time PMB does the right thing. Keeping Nnamdi Kanu only makes Nigerian security very frail. We are almost having two countries in one. This is very dangerous for our country and democracy. We have two national flags flying in the same country. PMB must act and must act fast!

-CramJones
[/s]

once I saw the words 'Boko Haram' I knew you were high on Ibadan gutter fumes
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
vladimiros:

This is part of the problem, if Buhari does not address it, it will get worse, all Buhari had to do was ignore Nnamdi kalu. but he arrested him

secondly, the Confab report would have died down this protest if Buhari won and address the confab...

Buhari has no other option, he fvcked up by arresting Kalu and ignoring the Confab report, when Tribalism enters politics Shite gets real
The miscreant came into Nigeria thinking nobody can lift a finger on him, nobody forced him to come into a country he calls a zoo. Had it been the DSS didn't nabbed the lunatic(kanu), ipob touts would have called buhari a coward. Anyway the guy will be convicted for treason. His hate speeches can also be used against him. The FG can easily send his _ass to ICC if they wish, and the lunatic can also be trial there.....

About the confab brouhaha, buhari never authorized it in the first place. so he has every right to either reject it or accept it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Ikengawo: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
[s]
cramjones:
For those of you who did not read the first piece of my article that was published in the Nigerian Daily - Daily Independent

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/how-nigeria-must-deal-with-biafra/

-CramJones
[/s]
Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by Bobbystanley(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Right now, Biafra is unstoppable.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War by illiad: 12:27am On Nov 11, 2015
You made lotta sense, cramjones

I'd confess I'd always thought of you as some joker, as nearly all APC fellas ain't capable of thinking straight and out of party box as you have done here.

I hope Buhari listens

And if not, then let him roll the tanks... Biafra is our life, our identity and meaning. And though years may roll over years until Biafra comes, there would be no peace for the Igbo & Nigeria until they both part ways.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Agitation: Popular Yoruba Activist Pledges Her Support For Biafra / In 2019 When People Hear the Word "CHANGE" (photo) / Kanu Didn’t Apologise To Buhari, Says Lawyer. The Cable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.