Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times (23962 Views)

Benue Governor Ortom Working On His Farm / Governor Ortom Rolls On The Floor, Prays, Begs God For Forgiveness / Amidst Cash Crunch, Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5 Billion Luxury Vehicles For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omenka(m): 9:35am On Nov 11, 2015
caspet:
Benue state....d state wit d worst & dilapidated basic amenities yet spending dis much on cars..which way APC
Ortom and his ilk are some of the rotten eggs in APC. Jime it was who was supposed to be on that ticket but in the a desperate move to install a puppet, Akume installed Ortom who left PDP after failing to win the primary about a week earlier. We've not forgotten the hate speech Ortom made against APC just a few days before he joined the same party. angry

It is very likely he might be shown the exit door on the tribunal appeal given what happened in Taraba. So far, the current admin in the state has been nothing but a disaster!!!
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Ozededes: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2015
Get an Ocean View plot of land in our Awesome view estate in moserekogan village, awoyaya, Lekki Lagos for 3.5m.
Features
200meters away from the beach
Ocean view
Buy and get instant allocation
Free from government or omo onile (land tout)
Behind Eko Akete city
No limitation on building design
120 X 60ft (668sqm)
Well Planned layout

For more info call 09097655731

www.pacismultiplex.com

34b isaac john street igbobi, Fadeyi Lagos.

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by francizy(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2015
Sweetguy25:
What a shame. To think that the governor of a state with some of the poorest people in Africa will spend such an amount to purchase luxuries for his aides is unimaginable. The wickedness Africans perpetuate against themselves is terrible.

I hope omenka got his own car too? grin
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by fashrola(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2015
Vaxt:
30 plots of land is ready for
sale at igodo land, off post
office road, Ebenebe town,
Awka - North (LGA),
Anambra state.

It will be sold @ 450,000 per plot.

Hurry Now while is still
Available.

Note: We must meet in person and you will see and
confirm it before purchase.

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The same SE that has the same old problem with corruption?

Better face the corruption issue before facing Biafra....or else you will end up with regrets.
And what's your business if I regret?
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Kellzcold: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
Nigerian youths should stop voting by party and vote by the individual contesting. If he's a good person, vote instead of being blinded by party
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by wiseoneking: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by teemy(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo, no one wants public officials to live pauperly but in this case the provision of car loans has been made also the prices are not correlative. well if this stands i hope they would listen to the minimum wage upward review coming soon.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by viktagorion: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Suswam is having his day in court Ortom.

Your own day will come too.

Ole.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by babafirst(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2015
This is just too ridiculous,Baba I know we are practicing federalism and the states are semi independent but once in a while use the party machinery to check some of your governors.Pls Baba advice them make dem no put 'sand sand' for Nigeria garri.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by simplyOJ(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2015
The same State, a radio presenter Ahmed Isa (Brekete Family radio programme) here in Abuja
is trying to raise fund to uplift a dalapidated library in Otukpo. Unfortunate.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by vinnex: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Its unfortunate that we the good people of Benue state voted for good governance and accountability but the present set of leaders seem's to forget what leadership is all about. Spending huge sums of money on official cars is not what Benue people need now. State and Local Government workers are suffering to even collect their wages,some have died in this short period. Nothing is moving properly in the state,cries of workers,students and even babies yeaning for good governance. Vision less leaders is not what Benue need at this crucial moment. The SURE-P programme for unemployed was yesterday discontinued by the State government without payment of their long own monthly salaries since January 2015 even though they were duely engaged. We need a way forward for our dear state but not with visionless and low thinking present leaders.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by wree91: 9:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Even though I do not support what the governor did in these lean economic times and also the fact that we have cheaper alternatives from Kia and Hyundai respectively but there is need to represent the facts as they are. I attended the last Abuja auto fair that ended on the 4th of November and I was at the Toyota stand the corolla was 8.3 million and the Land cruiser Prado was well over 15 million I can't remember the exact figure while the Land cruiser was 20 million. Those prices quoted by carmundi must be from grey market dealers that offer no after sales support
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omenka(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2015
francizy:

I hope omenka got his own car too? grin
I have a couple of friends that are aides to the governor and have all but lost their friendship due to my position on the wastefulness of the governor. I have criticised the purchase even on this forum long before now. The man is a total disgrace and disappointment.

But just like I've said before, most of us who support APC do so because of the man Buhari. Take him away and watch the party lose over half of her support base.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omenka(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2015
vinnex:
Its unfortunate that we the good people of Benue state voted for good governance and accountability but the present set of leaders seem's to forget what leadership is all about. Spending huge sums of money on official cars is not what Benue people need now. State and Local Government workers are suffering to even collect their wages,some have died in this short period. Nothing is moving properly in the state,cries of workers,students and even babies yeaning for good governance. Vision less leaders is not what Benue need at this crucial moment. The SURE-P programme for unemployed was yesterday discontinued by the State government without payment of their long own monthly salaries since January 2015 even though they were duely engaged. We need a way forward for our dear state but not with visionless and low thinking present leaders.
At this rate, Ortom could end up even worse than Suswam. Everything about the man just annoys me.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Khez: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
SMH
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by j4sure(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by tyav7: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Here we go again
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

At the moment, we do not have the money.....so yes, I expect savings to be made.....even if it means that Mr Government official rides in second hand cars, or flying in economy class.

Or do you have a secret plan to increase oil price.....so that we can get extra money.

We do not have the money. So...sacrifices have to be made by everyone.
Despite the fact that the state has been bailed out by the federal government, my state has not make any effort to pay stranded workers their salary arrears.
The ongoing screening has been stopped and only few people were paid just two months salary out of the six months salary owned by the state govt, rumor has it that, the state govt has diverted(siphoned) the money.

I even leant that ortom gives akume 1 billion naira every month (god father tins), the guy can not take decison without george akume.
Then where is the change if I may ask? Is apc and pdp not the same in benue? No developmental project in benue, more than 900000 youths are unemployed coupled high rate of poverty and self pity, HIV is on the increase. Bad roads, poor standard of education, food shortage to mention but a few are silently eating deep in my state.

God where are you in benue?

1 Like

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by erniewhez(m): 10:11am On Nov 11, 2015
the difference between APC and PDP is PMB and GEJ. meanwhile lighten up ur mood at enitanwhesu..com
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by erniewhez(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2015
the difference between APC and PDP is PMB and GEJ.

meanwhile lighten up ur mood at www.enitanwhesu..com
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by uncleskills(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2015
How can he do that ! That means his agenda can never be realistic.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2015
Worker salary... dem no pay... na luxury vehicles dem dey buy.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omojeesu(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2015
When you give meat to a cat to keep for you or a live goat to a leopard, that's what you get! These politicians have come to do the will of their master, the devil, to steal, to kill and to destroy!
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by OlujobaSamuel: 10:20am On Nov 11, 2015
veraponpo:

We should not equate government position with suffering, the same way we should not equate it with life of opulence.

Do we expect the commissioners to ride in second hand cars? Many of them are not poor as a person. That is why I laugh at Ben Bruce campaigning against first class/ business class flight for ministers. Do you want Fashola or Amaechi to sit in economy class? Quite unreasonable. how much is it- while economy might be N15,000 from Lagos to Abuja and Abuja to Lagos, first class might be N43,000. Are you saying those ministers cannot afford such?

What I need from them is performance and transparency.
it's not about the cars but the inflated amount. The mkt price for the jeep is 11m, the state can even get at a discount for buying in bulk.

1 Like

Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omojeesu(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2015
APC = PDP!
It's a matter of time!
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Fearcom(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Eehn no problem. Probe him, serve him with impeachment notice. Just like with Jesus twelve disciples there will always be a Judas Iscariot who will through transgression fall that he may go to his own appointed place.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by omojeesu(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:

Despite the fact that the state has been bailed out by the federal government, my state has not make any effort to pay stranded workers their salary arrears.
The ongoing screening has been stopped and only few people were paid just two months salary out of the six months salary owned by the state govt, rumor has it that, the state govt has diverted(siphoned) the money.

I even leant that ortom gives akume 1 billion naira every month (god father tins), the guy can not take decison without george akume.
Then where is the change if I may ask? Is apc and pdp not the same in benue? No developmental project in benue, more than 900000 youths are unemployed coupled high rate of poverty and self pity, HIV is on the increase. Bad roads, poor standard of education, food shortage to mention but a few are silently eating deep in my state.

God where are you in benue?

Actually God is not asleep in Benue State!

He remains on the side of the poor and the needy.

Don't believe the 1billion to Akume! If true he's giving something I doubt if it's this much. But whatever it's still corruption! Birds of a feather!

Bless you.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by ucie: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2015
successiam:
no peace for this wicked APC government
Amenooo
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by 4C2215131: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2015
UnknownT:
BASIC SALARY! That's without allowances

The allowance is where the real money is. Thats where the stealing takes place.
Re: Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times by Reference(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2015
iyke926:
How can this country ever be better??

Told you folks before. You don't listen. Change the game not the players. It is the system that expects, aides and abetts Randy Orton to slam Benue State.....but come oh. What is it about the middle-belt misery....or the middle-belt mismanagement....or the middle-belt malaise....or the middle-belt meddlesome.....From air plane crashing superstars in Taraba to serial kleptos in Kogi to bank crashing bulldozers in Kwara.... middle-beltans are sure having the time of their life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Supports Buhari For 2019, Calls Nnamdi Kanu A "Mad Man" / EFCC Reveals Why Maina Escaped To Niger Republic / Tara, Fela Durotoye's Wife Celebrates Her 44th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.