Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria (654 Views)

Nigeria Banks Are Now Black Market For Dollars Abroad? / "Eight Nigerian Banks Are Too-Big-To-Fail!" - CBN / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria by Hardar4lag(m): 5:57pm On May 15, 2009
[size=8pt]I want you all to know that Nigerian Banks have been a kind of stealing and frauding people's account with ATM Machine and still claiming their Innocent so i want to advise all Nigerian citizen to please in their own interest to try as much as possible to stop banking with all Nigerian Banks, most especially Intercontinental, Skye Bank, UBA, Oceanic and rest of them. You might be wondering why am posting this, this is due to what happen to my sister. I want you to know that the Bank Managers and the Operation Managers and some of their Security Guard are the key terrorist of all this problems. Several Nigerians are in a state of comma right now with this issue.[/size]
Re: Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 18, 2009
yea, Intercontinental still has my 12,000 naira as we speak.
Their ijesha market ATM refused to pay me and they wont refund my account.

They even made me think otherwise about their business practices, Imagine the staffs were all aware that ATM number 2 has such problems and they still made it available to unsuspecting Nigerians.

I Just hate the fact that i spent 2 hours waiting for my card. They later claimed i should have waited some more cos "IT USED TO HAPPEN WITH ATM NUMBER 2"
they are claiming my money must have come out of the machine and someone else gone with it.
I complained to the security on duty when this happened and he totally ignored me. so i got a seat and sat for 2 hours before deciding to call my bank to block my card.
My bank wont do that. I am sure
Re: Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria by Hardar4lag(m): 6:02am On May 19, 2009
This same Intercontinental took my sister's 100,000 ooo, where re we goin in 9ja with this banks problem pple we think our money is save with
Re: Banks Are Killing People In Nigeria by IFELEKE(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2009
@Poster,
It's disheartening that some Nigerian Banks lack empathy and show relative disregard for ethical banking norms but that does not call for their total boycott.
There are some good ones amongst them and I suggest you pursue your case with Intercontinental to a good end, close your account there and find a better bank.
I believe you know the dangers inherent in total boycott of banks and their services.

(1) (Reply)

What To Invest On And How ? / The Case Against Blogging / Soludo Removed ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.