Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous (1034 Views)

My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police / Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by exlink10(m): 11:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Zenith Bank PLC have in recent years prouded themselves as the biggest and the strongest bank in Africa not only Nigeria even though they still make the same notion here in Nigeria. But does this mean they are above the laws of this country? When you visit other banks and visit Zenith Bank, you find out that it seems the law governing them is different from the one governing the other banks.

My experience today on BVN Issues.....

I visited Zenith Bank today to register for BVN (Bank Verification Number) and they refused to register me.
These are the questions they ask me......

1. They asked me if i have account with their bank, I said no.
2. They ask why I don't want to go to my bank and register for the BVN, I said my bank is far and more over too much cue.

They finally told me that since I don't have account with their bank, they can't "capture me" if i should quote the customer service personnel. Why? I can't explain. According to the directives of the central bank, and i quote

"The first step is to obtain a BVN while the second step requires the account holder to link the BVN with his or her bank account(s),” he said. Mu’azu also said an individual could enroll for a BVN without necessarily having a bank account. Such individual can then submit the acquired BVN at any bank he/she wishes to open an account".

Na wa oooh, why must this bank almost always flout the orders of Central Bank of Nigeria and even the law of this nation? They even later gave me conditions that if i must register for BVN with them, I should open an account with them. When i asked their requirements for opening a savings account, what they told me stoned me guys. They said i must provide the following:

1. Means of Identification
2. Utility Bill
3. Passport Photograph
4. N10,000.00 - Initial Deposit

For savings account? are they crazy? According to the constitution of Nigeria, I don't think i even need more than N10 (Ten Naira) to open an account. Though I stand corrected. If this government prides themselves as been under the law and respects judicial proceedings, I think they should stop making too much laws and start enforcing the ones already made. Must I have N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) to open an account just because it is Zenith Bank?

This is outrageous. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/my-sad-experience-today-for-obtaining.html#sthash.7cjpqxQ3.dpuf

Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by MifiHost: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2015
c
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by benedictnsi(m): 11:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Lol
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by exlink10(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2015
lalasticlala make people see this abeg, am not crazy but i think those Zenith of a people needs to change their ways else change will cut up with them lol
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by amanda2013(f): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2015
Op don't mind them. Just relax and allow the weed to clear from your eyes then go to your bank and do your BVN ok.
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by Taiwo20(m): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2015
Me and that bank no dey gree from my university days. Them they too show themselves
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by Zeedarh(f): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Zenith Bank too like comedy. #10,000 for savings acct? It must be a joekeen stulv
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by sinkhole: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
This is just what I was saying, making a law that can not be enforced. Zenith bank is doing that because they know you can not report them and if you do, nothing will come off it.
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by buchio7(m): 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
@poster...no be by force to post topic..d issue you posted is uncalled for in the first place...

why u go wan go anoda bank where u no get acct to do ur bvn? If queue they your bank branch go to another branch of the same bank...

On what basis do u expect the zenith branch to capture your detail when you are not a customer of theirs?

Bros na common sense.....
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by LordEmperoris1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
Go to your bank joor.
Re: My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
Oga which branch of zenith told u to pay 10,000 Stop lying please. Savings account in zenith bank is now a minimum of 5,000. There are other accounts you can open for as low as 1k with just one passport photograph,they are called classic and premium accounts. Even current accounts don't go for 10,000 anymore as far as u have money to cover cheque book expenses(1,100 or 2,100) u can open with 5,000. Moreover if u don't have an account in zenith bank, you can't register for BVN there, first things first the customer service lady has to check your CIP which has your details(pic and signature), then input your account number before starting the process. How do u expect her to do all that without your details? And possibly get a query for violating the banks policy. Please go to your bank and register, you can come back to open the classic account if u can't afford the "10,000" account and stop spreading false information.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Foolish Is Not IGBO!!! / Photos From Robbery Attack This Morning At Berger, Mile 2 / I Am Devastated By Audu’s Death, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.