Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport (45728 Views)

BREAKING: Amaechi Gets Caught, Comes Under Fire For Bribing Sahara Reporters Bos / Amaechi, Minister Of Transport Arrives Port-Harcourt - Photos / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by nairaarea: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
all4naija:

MEDIOCRE!

WHAT DID JONATHAN DO AS GOVERNOR OF BAYELSA.

SAY NO TO HATRED FOR AMAECHI!!!
ASK THOSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT AGAINST HIM IN THE PAST YEARS THEY WILL TELL YOU THEIR STORY.
YOU CAN'T STOP WHO GOD HAS BLESSED.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
nairaarea:

WHAT DID JONATHAN DO AS GOVERNOR OF BAYELSA.

SAY NO TO HATRED FOR AMAECHI!!!
ASK THOSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT AGAINST HIM IN THE PAST YEARS THEY WILL TELL YOU THEIR STORY.
YOU CAN'T STOP WHO GOD HAS BLESSED.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Huh! angry angry angry angry cry cry cry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by samplegirl(f): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
adioolayi:
Fashola the Engine room...
Ameachi ..Transportation.. not bad ..it includes Aviation, Railway, Maritime and other transport sector..wow..It's expansive too...God help this guys to bringing about real CHANGE!

You did not include transporting cattle from North to South. It looks like Buhari wants his cattle to be in good hands and Amaechi is the chosen one. Hmmmm!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by wiseoneking: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
adioolayi:

You don't know what you are saying...read you won't read...Let me school you a bit..Just yesterday..PMB merged Ministry of Aviation and Transportation together... You get it now..right

https://www.nairaland.com/2729561/union-faults-aviation-ministry-merger
is either your buhari was lieing or you are carried away again. He is hidden a lot that you are ignorant of. thats is what we call false merging as far as there is minister of state for aviation from katsina state. Why did he not tell you that he merged petroleum even though ibe is the state petroleum minister. Learn to reason with your brain and not your poo hole. Read beyond the written words. You can understand better.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by adioolayi(m): 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
wiseoneking:
is either your buhari was lieing or you are carried away again. He is hidden a lot that you are ignorant of. thats is what we call false merging as far as there is minister of state for aviation from katsina state. Why did he not tell you that he merged petroleum even though ibe is the state petroleum minister. Learn to reason with your brain and not your poo hole. Read beyond the written words. You can understand better.
I made a great mistake replying you without checking your profile... I don't know you are one of those toddlers in here..bad me. Just carry-on with your ignorance. God bless you
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Demdem(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
kaycid77:

What Minister of Works and Tranport has been there because of Road construction.... even during the military, these two ministry drags Road construction

U are confused. It has always been works and housing. Jonah-daft came and split it into ministry of works and ministry of housing so that his cronies could chop.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Demdem(m): 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
nairaarea:

More of what Amaechi did in Rivers

22 bridges
340 model secondary schools
140 health centres
Employed 13200 teachers, 400 doctors

Video evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cnSswkrk0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shame won't allow the fool to accept that he has been silly since the beginning of this thread.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Demdem(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
all4naija:

Thank you. I thought as much because he thought he's smart in his foolishness! He's old in his f o o l!

Coward. Hopeless eediot can't single out a single achievement of his god and hero Jonah-daft in bayelsa yet had the audacity to question Amaechi's landmarks.
Thunder fire ur cursed race.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Demdem(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
nairaarea:
When people question Amaechi`s stewardship in Rivers state it surprises me

Long before the snake gave birth, everybody knew the baby snake will be a long creature. That is why not many are surprised about the grudge fight in Rivers State, five months after the elections. And the target of the battle is how the instrumentality of the Rivers State government can be used to deface and defame former Governor Rotimi Amaechi. Politics is a terrible calling, especially the type played in Nigeria.

Not up to six months after leaving office, it seems what the Amaechi administration was known for is already being erased calculatedly and gradually. But before we forget, I recall that once upon a time, Port Harcourt was like a city under siege. The brigands were in charge.

The citizens, often times, were asked to raise both hands up, sometimes with their shoes in their hands, to cross certain places in the Port Harcourt city.

The waterfronts were dens of barefaced criminals.
It was not only the hapless citizenry that were browbeaten. Even the government was subservient to the whims and caprices of the “waterfront boys” They took control of even the structures of government.

I am aware that whenever the then Governor Peter Odili was going to visit any community, Government House had to clear from the “boys”. Depending on the signal they gave, Odili would either proceed or reschedule his visit. Clearing from the boys also included paying what they termed “landing fee”.

And whenever Odili got to such places, the boys took over the security structure until he left.
That was the norm.

Then a certain young man, called Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi got into Government House as governor and declared a force majeure. He vowed to end the brigandage. That was the first war he had to fight, to change the narrative of the Rivers people.
With the help of the police and other security agencies, the hoodlums were chased out of town. And for nearly eight years they were out of business and reckoning. But now they are back.

I recall how some Israeli security experts came to Rivers and with the special permission of the Police authorities at the time, they trained a Special Police Squad in the state on how to combat crime decisively.

With facilities like the hi-tech C4i which had a large screen, somewhere in the state secretariat, through which the whole of Port Harcourt could literally be viewed and tracked, fighting crime in the state was made easy. Crooks and criminal were routed. Police patrol vans combed every nook and cranny with vicious niche. Port Harcourt people could then sleep with both eyes closed. And they heaved a sigh of relief.

But when the fight between Amaechi and Jonathan began, not only was the police used against him, even the Special combat squad trained by the Israelis, all got transferred out of Rivers, all aimed at collapsing the security network put in place by Amaechi. And crime began to creep back.

While this happened, the Amaechi administration was revving up a revolution in the education sector. He was knocking down old schools and building ultra modern ones whose standards were simply beyond reproach. In droves, parents were withdrawing their children from the private schools they had flocked to, and returning to the reloaded public schools. The facilities and personnel in the said schools measured clearly with global standards. A total of 13,201 teachers were not only hired but trained to fit. Five Hundred primary schools were being constructed with 212 completed and 172 fully functional. 24 Model schools (one per LGA plus an extra) was undertaken, with five completed and one fully functional, the education sector was truly going through a rebirth.

What’s more, 309 students of Rivers State were sent on scholarship to Malaysia, 95 to Russia, 2 to Brazil, 15 to Germany and 28 others sent to Germany to acquire technical and vocational skills.

Surely, it was not for nothing that the state was named the UNESCO World Book Capital in 2014. It was a major feat that put Port Harcourt in the global map of prized cities in the world, having beaten other cities like Oxford (UK), Lyon (France) Moscow (Russia) etc.
It was first in Sub Sahara Africa. And the first in Africa through public bid. Alexandria (Egypt) had won it in 2002 but not through public bid like that of Port Harcourt.

The Director General of UNESCO, Mrs. Irina Bokova, had said at the investiture ceremony that, “Port Harcourt in Nigeria has been named as the 2014 World Book Capital on account of the quality of its programme, in particular its focus on youth and the impact it will have on improving Nigeria’s culture of books, reading, writing and publishing to improve literacy rates”.
How can we forget all these?

Many roads were either reconstructed, built afresh or dualised with modern drains and fittings. The roads are still there, including even federal roads like the Port Harcourt-Owerri road, which the Amaechi government built. That does not mean all of Port Harcourt’s roads were worked on. Villages and communities were lit up.

I cannot forget the 12 long bridges that took a road, for the first time, to towns like Opobo, Andoni etc. They were huge projects.
What is more, the ambitious project of Greater Port Harcourt which sought to recreate another city, fitted with modern facilities and services. Yes, the city is not fully realized yet, but it is true that substantial work had been done.
Although I am not a fan of the mono-rail project, because it couldn’t have been a priority to an emerging economy, yet the fact remains that it is a noble project on which huge sums have been sunk.

Indeed, many people, including this reporter, had believed Amaechi was undertaking too many projects at the time. His project plates were perpetually full, as he governed with the passion of an activist like driving to go inspect projects at unholy hours like 2 a.m.
What about the health sector. Primary Health Care centres nearly approximated the status of General Hospitals in all the local government areas. The hospitals were simply amazing with many of the doctors being products of the state scholarship scheme under the Amaechi administration.

It is ironic that it is in this same sector that there is standing issue of abandoned Karibi Whyte hospital project.
Not many people will not be enthralled by the vastness of the Songhai Farms in Tai, Ogoni, which also employed so many Rivers people and which must be producing plantain in tons by now.

The mechanized fish farms in Buguma had in no small way also boosted the state’s overall economy.
The above are some of the undeniable landmark achievements of the Amaechi administration. And he was poised to continuing the streak when the fight between him and the former president, Goodluck Jonathan broke out with all the concomitant consequences. Many people yet believe that there was more to the bitter disagreement between the duo than mere political differences. The latter had unleashed federal might against Amaechi including even the controversial swap of ownership of the Soku oil wells said to belong to Rivers State, to Bayelsa State.

Nobody would deny that Amaechi got distracted in a way. Who wouldn’t be anyway?
The emergence of Nyesom Wike as the governor of the state in the last election is a fall out of the disagreement between Amaechi and the Jonathans.
That explains why the opposition and criticism of all that Amaechi did has been fierce and vitriolic.
It is even worse that Amaechi’s past is now being dressed with robes of fraud and infamy, apparently to mortify his political essence. No denial.

And suddenly the narrative of “an action governor” is being confused with the folk tales of fraud.

I believe that Amaechi can be probed by a succeeding government, provided the intent is altruistic. Unfortunately, the utterances and declarations of Governor Wike are hardly mistaken. On too many occasions, he had declared Amaechi guilty of the many accusations even before the probes were set up. What that means is that given his obvious bias, the panels are likely to work from the answer to the question, in such a way as to arrive at the conclusions reached by Wike even before the inquests began.

The Rivers polity is sharply divided. Many of those who even applauded Amaechi’s achievements turned against him because of the support to President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC). Many saw it as a betrayal of his ‘brother’. But those who so argue forget that Amaechi it was who gave Jonathan the highest vote of 2 million in 2011. Even before the fight broke out, what good did Jonathan do to Rivers State? Was there any federal presence in the state as a reward for the 2011 support, even if the factor of kindred connection is discounted? Those who castigate Amaechi for supporting Buhari forget that that same brother of his had oppressed him openly by supporting somebody ( Jonah Jang, a northerner) who scored 16 votes as against Amaechi who scored 19 votes in the contest to become the Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF). Does one good turn not deserve another? They say it is politics. But I think it has a shade of evil.

As it is always, darkness cannot comprehend light.

Applause!!!! Haters can go and die.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Demdem(m): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
all4naija:

MEDIOCRE!

Hypocrite, showcase what ur hero did when he was governor and lets compare and contrast.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Demdem:

Hypocrite, showcase what ur hero did when he was governor and lets compare and contrast.
Who is the hero you are always talking about, you twerp?!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by effty(m): 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Then u don't know ow sensitive the ministry is. Educate urself nd stop disgracing ur owners.
judiciarypalava:
Serves him right. Truly represents his CV, PARK NOISEMAKER. Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by effty(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
I don tell you make u no dey smoke "igbo". See as ur brain dey think upside down.
Love Machine:
A whole ex gov turned minister of transport.He deserve that demotion.He is so arrogant and indiscipline.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by seyi4sure(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
UP NATIONAL
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by judiciarypalava: 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
effty:
Then u don't know ow sensitive the ministry is. Educate urself nd stop disgracing ur owners.

Mr know it all l hear you. A man that missed VP slot, SFG, Niger Delta affairs Noisemaker. Finally, AGBERO COORDINATOR, and you and your descendants do not see anything wrong in it.
Maybe you need binoculars to even get food to your mouth while eating.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by defenda(f): 12:07am On Nov 12, 2015
adioolayi:
Fashola the Engine room...
Ameachi ..Transportation.. not bad ..it includes Aviation, Railway, Maritime and other transport sector..wow..It's expansive too...God help this guys to bringing about real CHANGE!

Amen and Amen
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by effty(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2015
Ur ignorance knows no bounds. I don't need to tell u under wat sector I work neither do I need to tell yu what being a Minister of Transport entails. Your forebears needed to spend more resources on educating yu cos ur ignorance stinks to the high heavens. If u reply wtot any meaningful sentence to show the subject has bin explicated enough for yu, I will go personal.
judiciarypalava:

Mr know it all l hear you. A man that missed VP slot, SFG, Niger Delta affairs Noisemaker. Finally, AGBERO COORDINATOR, and you and your descendants do not see anything wrong in it.
Maybe you need binoculars to even get food to your mouth while eating.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by AprokoMan: 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demdem:

I am bastard son of a rotten kunt from the South West. i have an oblong head and terrible tribal marks on each side of my cheeks.
I also believe that FFK smashed my mom's toto before the coward my father had any chance. my father was not just a coward but an idiot, for allowing my uncles to fvck my sisters.
may thunder fire my parents and the entire Yoruba race!

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Gets Minister Of Transport by AprokoMan: 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demdem:
I am bastard son of a rotten kunt from the South West. i have an oblong head and terrible tribal marks on each side of my cheeks.
I also believe that FFK smashed my mom's toto before the coward my father had any chance. my father was not just a coward but an idiot, for allowing my uncles to fvck my sisters.
may thunder fire my parents and the entire Yoruba race

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Access Card For Entering Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Venue / Fayose Campaigns For Atiku In Ekiti As Crowd Hail Him (Pictures) / Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.