Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... (622 Views)

Anita Joseph Pregnant With Twins, Says "Who Marriage Help? Just Wish Me Well" / Bishop Imoh Celebrates His Wife's Birthday: "My Goodluck Charm" / Tekno Signs Record Deal With Sony Music World [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by CrazyScientist: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
So I'll be going to a Record Label tomorrow for them to review some of my songs and see if am 'signable'.
The label's CEO actually gave me his contact after I performed at a show.
So I need you guys advice and prayers. thanks.
Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by kaayposh: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Noted
Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by DPABLOG(f): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
Good luck to you.
You will find God's divine favor in Jesus Christ mighty name.

1 Like

Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by CaroLyner(f): 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
best wishes smiley

1 Like

Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by Afrok(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
I know u've being patient enough, so I'm wishing u Goodluck without Patience.

1 Like

Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by ojun50(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
Success man

1 Like

Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by nuelzy: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
if u re honest...and not a pathetic lying loser like Airforce... den i wish u d best...

xpecting Airforce to create similar thread...with unlimited lies...
Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by 007Gbenga: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:
So I'll be going to a Record Label tomorrow for them to review some of my songs and see if am 'signable'.

There are a lot of things to know before signing a contract. I'm sure you are excited about this but - as expected, its great but take note of the things below on your contract.

1 Go along with a manager, If you don't have a manager, i advise you speak to someone you know has the experience managing artiste or someone old enough with more knowledge to represent and "PROTECT" your interest.

2 NEVER sign a long running contract....It may sound counter productive - as much as you want to do so for security reasons, you have the advantage on your side with a shorter contract. Many artistes do not know this.

Aim for 2 years...If the record deal goes sour... you can easily wait it out till it expires and you move on. If you "blow" then of course you know the record label will definitely wish to extend your deal. Then you can re-negotiate. Its always a WIN WIN situation.

3 Read Your Contract Very Very Well- Never Sign the contract immediately. Don't let them pressurize you to sign the contract immediately. Tell them you will have to go through it and come back. Don;t be afraid you will loose it. For you to get this far they obviously want you on their label. Believe me almost all upcoming artistes never go through the contract and don't know what's there until the issues arise.
It's then the contract will come out.

4 Check their website to see the artistes they have and how well they are doing. Are they having trouble? Court Cases? Money Issues? Promotion Issues? Do your background check well. Believe me its better to be a non label artiste than one in a bad record label... ask Brymo and others in the industry.

5 Good luck

I know all this things because i work for a Record Label
Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by Datbohoochick: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

I wish you good luck!
God will give you a new story to tell; a story that ends with laughter of joy, happiness and victory.

1 Like

Re: Wish Me GoodLuck Guys! Record Deal About To Go Through... by CrazyScientist: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2015
007Gbenga:

There are a lot of things to know before signing a contract. I'm sure you are excited about this but - as expected, its great but take note of the things below on your contract.

1 Go along with a manager, If you don't have a manager, i advise you speak to someone you know has the experience managing artiste or someone old enough with more knowledge to represent and "PROTECT" your interest.

2 NEVER sign a long running contract....It may sound counter productive - as much as you want to do so for security reasons, you have the advantage on your side with a shorter contract. Many artistes do not know this.

Aim for 2 years...If the record deal goes sour... you can easily wait it out till it expires and you move on. If you "blow" then of course you know the record label will definitely wish to extend your deal. Then you can re-negotiate. Its always a WIN WIN situation.

3 Read Your Contract Very Very Well- Never Sign the contract immediately. Don't let them pressurize you to sign the contract immediately. Tell them you will have to go through it and come back. Don;t be afraid you will loose it. For you to get this far they obviously want you on their label. Believe me almost all upcoming artistes never go through the contract and don't know what's there until the issues arise.
It's then the contract will come out.

4 Check their website to see the artistes they have and how well they are doing. Are they having trouble? Court Cases? Money Issues? Promotion Issues? Do your background check well. Believe me its better to be a non label artiste than one in a bad record label... ask Brymo and others in the industry.

5 Good luck

I know all this things because i work for a Record Label

Thanks alot, I'll tell them I want to go through it first, I'll see if the conditions are favourable.

(1) (Reply)

Victoria Kimani’s African Music Concert Performance In Photos / Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Welcome Son / Seyi Law, Doris Simeon, Jaywon & More Attend AYTA Awards 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.