Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Ibe Thanks Rodgers For Liverpool Chance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibe Thanks Rodgers For Liverpool Chance (240 Views)

2018 World Cup: Jordon Ibe Claims Coach Rohr Wants Him To Play / Jordon Ibe Looks Set To Pledge His Allegiance To Nigeria. / Jordon Ibe Robbed At Knifepoint, His N9M Rolex Watch Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ibe Thanks Rodgers For Liverpool Chance by Moh4newsafrica(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Jordon Ibe has paid tribute to Brendan Rodgers and revealed his shock when the former Liverpool boss was axed.

Rodgers was sacked by the Reds just after the derby draw at Everton on October 4, with Jurgen Klopp having since stepped into the Reds hotseat.

Ibe has spoken of the influence Rodgers had on his development and hailed the courage of the former boss to blood the winger as a teenager.

“Brendan put me in the first team and gave me a debut when I was just 17,” Ibe told the Liverpool Echo.

“Not many managers in the Premier League would do that. He helped me to come through and he’s done the same for other players here.

“One of the biggest areas that he developed in my game was how I made forward runs. Before Brendan started working with me I probably wasn’t getting them exactly right.

“The other thing was the freedom he gave me. As a young player that is great to have.

“It was a bit of a shock to hear he had gone. With it happening a few hours after the derby game there was no real chance to say a proper goodbye.”

read more<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2015/11/ibe-thanks-rodgers-for-liverpool-chance/

(1) (Reply)

Big Congatrulation To All My Cube Member / Want To Try And Avoid Meetings / And Some Of The Architects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.