Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? (29458 Views)

Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) / Constitutionally What Happens When A President Is Sick. / Dr. Ogah And Gov. Ikpeazu, Who Is Constitutionally Right To Rule? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by ernesty20(m): 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
hertheytheydgee:
Which section of the constitution?
section of my common sense.

Use ur brain, boy.
There are many capable and able people who can get the job done.
So for buhari to name himself minister of petroleum is senseless

1 Like

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by mathewtochi: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
lasisi69:
It's end time
and what is end time makin him self minister i see notin wrong wit dat ok that is politics
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by goingsolo: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Prezidan manhood Buhari
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Bolaadu(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
efilefun:
Your stupidity is inbuilt, so SE own all the crude oil thats been refined in Nigeria Can you ask yourself what the country had really benefited from the previous administrations who appointed thieves to manage the sector. The last time a common man on the street felt the goodies from that sector was when we had PTF, everybody gained from it and it was an idea by this same man, now search your brain and tell me what else had been benefited from that sector ever since then
broda point of correction thieve appointed thieves.
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Khez: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
The he announced it tho.... Was very funny cheesy
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by hertheytheydgee(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
World best Mumu
ernesty20:
section of my common sense.

Use ur brain, boy.

There are many capable and able people who can get the job done.

So for buhari to name himself minister of petroleum is senseless
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Theman13: 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=phollybee post=39911322]According to the constitution, “Section 5 (1)
(a) of the constitution stated that “the executive
powers of the Federation shall be vested in the
President and may subject as aforesaid and to the
provisions of any law made by the National
Assembly, be exercised by him either directly or
through the Vice-President and Ministers of the
Government of the Federation or officers in the
public service of the Federation,and I do not see anything Wrong “if the president
exercise the power directly by retaining the office
of the minister of petroleum, I do not see anything
wrong in it At All!
“To my Own humble view that the president retained the ministerial position is
constitutional and therefore he did not break any
law,” [/quote) I agree with you "jare". wetin all dis smol children sabi. make dem com see as we dey do am fo state of osun na! make dem chek out our "komisannas" fo works nd education nau.
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by chaziroh(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
there's nothing wrong with the president appointing himself as the petroleum minister but he will be violating the constitution if he fails to submit himself to the senate for screening
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by adaweezy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
dewstar:

The op is not asking if Buhari has the right to higher people, he is asking if he has the constitutional right to hire himself.

And pls do not say he can just because Obasanjo did it, remember, Obasanjo is not the constitution.
Buhari has the discretion......
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Realist2: 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Why petroleum resources, why not defence being a retired general since security is his top priority. He want to cover up for some misdeeds that will be taking place in that ministry just like Obj did so that no record would be traced in future.

1 Like

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by damocool(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Constitutionally right or wrong, all that matters is for the ministry to be in order and safe from the claws of corrupt people.. Lobatan... Besides daddy OBJ did so during his tenure.. God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by chaziroh(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
there's nothing wrong with the president appointing himself the minister of petroleum, but he will be violating the constitution if he fails to submit himself to the senate for screening

1 Like

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by whytfaz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
factorial1:
What's your take on this?

Is it constitutionally right for a president to appoint himself as a minister?

If doesn't some thing that is unconstitutional would bring about the improvement we need then I am in support of it grin
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by whytfaz(m): 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
peleson:

He doesn't have primary six certificate neither
Does he have ssce! Just know that

Where did those that had PhD lead us to? Let's face it he is the best option we have out there or why didn't you that have ssce come out and contest instead of complaining over there
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by bayinq25(m): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
godson36:
(1.) You are a wailer-- Only wailer ask this question.

(2.) Constitutionally-- I will not answer your question cause google is for free.

(3.) Buhari is the minister for Petroleum.

I think this is the BEST ANSWER.. You can thank me later..

--------------------------------------------------------

IF NO, CLICK SHARE
you deserve ten mansions for banana...here's a cheque of $100bn,spot on bro
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by axtpleasure: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
damocool:
Constitutionally right or wrong, all that matters is for the ministry to be in order and safe from the claws of corrupt people.. Lobatan... Besides daddy OBJ did so during his tenure.. God bless Nigeria

He should have fouth for minister of petroleum instead of d presidency. He is holding the highest office in d country yet he still have eyes for other people's office whereas there are some ministers without portfolio. CHANGE CHANGE AND CHANGE. welcome to ur change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by dewstar: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
adaweezy:

Buhari has the discretion......

Is this what the constitution says, that it is according to Buhari's discretion. If that is what the constitution says, then fine.

Do not forget that serious nations are governed by rules and laws and not by discretions.
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by adaweezy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
dewstar:

Is this what the constitution says, that it is according to Buhari's discretion. If that is what the constitution says, then fine.

Do not forget that serious nations are governed by rules and laws and not by discretions.
Yes The constitution says Discretion of the president ............
Check it you will find it facing you whilst reading
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by olaide721(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Its only those that are kids when obasanjo was the president would it is wrong for our able president to be minister of petroleum maybe u can tell me the then minister of petroleum in OBJs regime
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by angiography(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
missKiffy:

i didnt check the constitution, i just think its wrong in my opinion
Well, it isn't wrong per the constitution
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Meritocracy: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ask Obj, if he was right then Buhari is right. Meanwhile its better for Buhari to there cos if there is failure you people will blame him. Have you forgotten that Jonathan failure started from Madueke vs Sanusi 20billion hard currency palaver
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2015
youngice:
As long as it won't hinder him from performing his duty as a president, it is a welcome development
ibe kachikwu will still be the brains

Then what will d dauranian dullårdinho be doing in d petroleum sector with no brain grin grin
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by jumobi1(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2015
It's actually a violation. He needs better advisors.
Moreso he should have been screened by the Senate. I'm not sure if he also took an oath of office.

Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by dewstar: 8:16am On Nov 12, 2015
adaweezy:
Yes The constitution says Discretion of the president ............ Check it you will find it facing you whilst reading
Ok then.
God bless the president and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by damocool(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2015
axtpleasure:

He should have fouth for minister of petroleum instead of d presidency. He is holding the highest office in d country yet he still have eyes for other people's office whereas there are some ministers without portfolio. CHANGE CHANGE AND CHANGE. welcome to ur change.

Not sure if he's actually coveting after that office bro, he actually knows that the ministry can't be given to just anybody that could easily be influenced by anybody thereby reducing the ministry to nothing... I think that ministry needs a personality like daddy buhari to head it.. People working there will think twice before perpetrating any evil with daddy buhari as the head of the ministry.. It's for the good of the country bro...
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2015
O God, give Your love of justice to those who rule our land.
Help them to rule with wisdom and compassion,
so that the poor and powerless may be treated fairly and with justice.
Open their ears to the cries for help from those caught
in cycles of poverty, abuse or violence.
Give them wisdom to know how best to respond,
and courage to do the right thing, even when it may not be popular.
Under their rule, may the people flourish;
may there be lasting peace and plenty for all. Amen.

Long Live Nigeria,
Long Live Mr. President Buhari and His Cabinet
Long Live Ebiraland and Kogi State.

Onelove. Mr. President move in whichever way you think will benefit Nigerians... APC didnt grant Ebira people governorship ticket even when we came second on primaries, deputy was also deny of the ppl also minister was also takenway. still Nigeria must move forward and i believe God is involved... I dont see it as punishment from anybody. But am proudly an Ebirawoman.
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by hollandis(f): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2015
BigElEddy:

Hope you didn't add south-south to that 5% of yours because we the south southerners are not complaining.

Why are the igbos the ones complaining self when they have nothing much except coal and flat heads.

What do you mean "We" ? Are you not Edo? Is Edo SS?
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by kolexepana: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2015
I understand his decision
He doesn't want someone like Diezani
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by usmanma(m): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thank you.... Let c wot he has for us
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by BigElEddy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
hollandis:

What do you mean "We" ? Are you not Edo? Is Edo SS?

I'm Edo how?
Re: Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? by janco: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2015
the position of a president has always beeen with lots of streess.
Is PMB saying that in Nigeria of over 140 million people, he cannot find any man or woman clean enough and well vested in admin that can run the petroluem ministry?

Its just greed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Abuja For Malta (Photos) / Bola Tinubu On Condolence Visit To Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife (Pics) / Akpabio On Why PDP Senators Walked Out Of Senate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.