Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ (4185 Views)

Top Countries Sending And Receiving Christian Missionaries / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by 5minsmadness: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
At several steps on their path to death by beheading and crucifixion last month, 11 indigenous Christian workers near Aleppo, Syria, had the option to leave the area and live. The 12-year-old son of a ministry team leader also could have spared his life by denying Christ.

The indigenous missionaries were not required to stay at their ministry base in a village near Aleppo, Syria; rather, the ministry director who trained them had entreated them to leave. As the Islamic State (ISIS), other rebel groups and Syrian government forces turned Aleppo into a war zone of carnage and destruction, ISIS took over several outlying villages. The Syrian ministry workers in those villages chose to stay in order to provide aid in the name of Christ to survivors.

"I asked them to leave, but I gave them the freedom to choose," said the ministry director, his voice tremulous as he recalled their horrific deaths. "As their leader, I should have insisted that they leave."

They stayed because they believed they were called to share Christ with those caught in the crossfire, he said.

"Every time we talked to them," the director said, "they were always saying, 'We want to stay here—this is what God has told us to do. This is what we want to do.' They just wanted to stay and share the gospel."

Those who chose to stay could have scattered and hid in other areas, as their surviving family members did. On a visit to the surviving relatives in hiding, the ministry director learned of the cruel executions.

The relatives said ISIS militants on Aug. 7 captured the Christian workers in a village whose name is withheld for security reasons. On Aug. 28, the militants asked if they had renounced Islam for Christianity. When the Christians said that they had, the rebels asked if they wanted to return to Islam. The Christians said they would never renounce Christ.

The 41-year-old team leader, his young son and two ministry members in their 20s were questioned at one village site where ISIS militants had summoned a crowd. The team leader presided over nine house churches he had helped to establish. His son was two months away from his 13th birthday.

"All were badly brutalized and then crucified," the ministry leader said. "They were left on their crosses for two days. No one was allowed to remove them."

The martyrs died beside signs the ISIS militants had put up identifying them as "infidels."

Eight other ministry team members, including two women, were taken to another site in the village that day (Aug. 28) and were asked the same questions before a crowd. The women, ages 29 and 33, tried to tell the ISIS militants they were only sharing the peace and love of Christ and asked what they had done wrong to deserve the abuse. The Islamic extremists then publicly raped the women, who continued to pray during the ordeal, leading the ISIS militants to beat them all the more furiously.

As the two women and the six men knelt before they were beheaded, they were all praying.

"Villagers said some were praying in the name of Jesus, others said some were praying the Lord's prayer, and others said some of them lifted their heads to commend their spirits to Jesus," the ministry director said. "One of the women looked up and seemed to be almost smiling as she said, 'Jesus!'"

After they were beheaded, their bodies were hung on crosses, the ministry director said, his voice breaking. He had trained all of the workers for their evangelistic ministry, and he had baptized the team leader and some of the others.

Hundreds of former Muslims in Syrian villages are in danger of being captured and killed by ISIS, which is fighting to establish a caliphate in which apostasy is punishable by death. The underground church in the region has mushroomed since June 2014, when ISIS began terrorizing those who do not swear allegiance to its caliphate, both non-Muslims and Muslims. Consequently, the potential for large-scale executions has grown along with the gains in ISIS-controlled territory.

The ministry assisted by Christian Aid Mission is providing resources and trying to find ways to evacuate these families by other routes.

Many of the ministry's teams also remain in Syria. Christian Aid Mission assists those who do not or cannot leave with the means to survive.

Even those who leave, however, may encounter ISIS militants and other criminals in refugee camps, said the leader of another ministry that Christian Aid Mission assists. He spoke of a Muslim from northern Syria who, like all men in areas that ISIS takes over, was coerced into joining the caliphate or being killed.

Recruited into ISIS, he fled the country after his brother was killed in the fighting. Disillusioned with ISIS but still adhering to Islam and its teaching that Christians and Jews are unclean "pigs," he went to Amman, Jordan, as he had learned that relatives there were receiving aid from Christians.

The Muslim, whose name is withheld for security reasons, went to a Christian meeting with the intention of killing the aid workers gathered there. Something kept him from following through on his plan, though, and that night he saw Jesus in a dream, the ministry director said.

"The next day he came back and said, 'I came to kill you, but last night I saw Jesus, and I want to know what are you teaching—who is this One who held me up from killing you?'" the director said. "He received Christ with tears, and today he's actually helping in the church, helping out other people. We're praying for lots of such Sauls to change to Pauls."

The sorrow of the ministry team leader who lost 11 workers and one of their children last month has been deep, but he takes heart that their faithfulness could help change the hearts of persecutors.

"They kept on praying loudly and sharing Jesus until their last breath," he said. "They did this in front of the villagers as a testimony for others."

He asked for prayer for surviving family members and for himself.

"These things have been very hard on me," he said. "What wrong did those people do to deserve to die? What is happening is more and more people are being saved. The ministry is growing and growing—in the past we used to pray to have one person from a Muslim background come to the Lord. Now there are so many we can barely handle all the work among them."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Paschal001: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Wow... . What a terrible, sadonistic and barbaric act against humanity and against the author of Cosmos,.. ..

Tettulian in the early century said and I quote "the blood of the martyrs is the seed of faith" . May they rest in peace.... . Amen
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lord accept their soul. They died for your sake.
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by benedictnsi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
jcmaiah:
Lord accept their soul. They died for your sake.

Are you reminding him
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by tartar9(m): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
story for the gods
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
So, while they died for their god, their god couldn't even bother showing up to rescue them and take advantage of the opportunity to prove it exists. Good riddance to bad rubbish. 11 less dumb people in the world to worry about

tartar9:
story for the gods

When are you going to start killing infidels and raping young girls for Allah? I can imagine you getting hard just at the thought of all that free pvssy over there plus you have proven to be as demented and delusional as the terrorists undecided
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by tartar9(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
hahn:

When are you going to start killing infidels and raping young girls for Allah? I can imagine you getting hard just at the thought of all that free pvssy over there plus you have proven to be as demented and delusional as the terrorists undecided
only if I become Atheist.maybe I'd start by raping you .... ohhh you fat,quite old and fugly,not my type tongue
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by 5minsmadness: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
hahn:
So, while they died for their god, their god couldn't even bother showing up to rescue them and take advantage of the opportunity to prove it exists. Good riddance to bad rubbish. 11 less dumb people in the world to worry about

And you still found something mean and sarcastic to say about this? When will your eyes be opened to see you are fighting on the side of evil in an army you don't even know you have been enlisted in?
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by peemyke(f): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Oh God...what a world embarassed
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by elantraceey(f): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
To live is Christ and to die is gain.....

5 Likes

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by johnydon22(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
[b]This is disturbing, very disturbing. . . Why have people reduced their God to the state of a powerless wimp that it needs them to kill and behead people for it..

Seriously if i was a muslim and God wants so bad for me to murder someone in the name of Jihad then he should be ready to do it himself cus am never gonna do it.

I have always maintained Islam remains a relic of a barbaric Medieval past and bolted the 21st century into such a past it has always known as a Dark age in human history.

Humans are most clueless and idiotic creatures there is, They Kill and maim visible and real humans in order to please invisible vague Gods.

They destroy visible and real nature, neglect and slowly murder real nature while worshipping invisible unfounded Gods.

Planet earth is full of surprises where the creator of the vast universe is so interested in a small spec of a dust called earth and in a ragged patch of desertic land in the middle east that it has people killing for it..

All over the world people are being killed for believing the wrong fairy tale or having the wrong idea..

Humans have reduced themselves to such a low level that they value ideas and vague concepts than humans.

My heart bleeds for this..
[/b]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by AtheistD(m): 2:48am On Nov 12, 2015
hahn:

Today Christians, tomorrow Atheists. This is an unacceptable act by ISIS and moderate Muslims must do everything they can to condemn such atrocities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 12, 2015
I keep saying these words. men are the devil they blame for their wickedness. Men are the God they give glory to.

KNOW THY SELF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

And you still found something mean and sarcastic to say about this? When will your eyes be opened to see you are fighting on the side of evil in an army you don't even know you have been enlisted in?

Bro, I am not on anyone's "side" or did you just choose to ignore my attack the that muslim dude. I only feel disgusted that they had to die for a delusion because god isn't even real. Why die for something that doesn't exist?

It's the same reason they died for that the islamic psychopaths use in justifying killing them. On one hand you have the muslims killing indiscriminately because of one "allah" delusion while on the other part you have the christians dying for their own delusion.

It's absolute nonsense. Can't you see that?
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2015
tartar9:
only if I become Atheist.maybe I'd start by raping you .... ohhh you fat,quite old and fugly,not my type tongue

Lol. You are only jealous of my sexy pot belly grin

Besides, Islam, in recent times, is leading in the ranks of psychopathic deluded religiotards and is responsible for acts of murder, rape, child slavery, sex slavery and every other barbaric agenda you can think of.

Besides, I'm not gay. You can stick your dick in a termite hill for all I care tongue

1 Like

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Shollyps(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2015
without religion... the world will be a much better place.... just can't believe how someone will kill his fellow human just because of religion
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2015
AtheistD:

Today Christians, tomorrow Atheists. This is an unacceptable act by ISIS and moderate Muslims must do everything they can to condemn such atrocities.

Moderate muslims need to borrow some brain and denounce their barabric religion. Did you read the other post attacking the muslim dude? Why do people keep quoting me and deleting it? undecided
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by God2man(m): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
elantraceey:

Yes!
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by parisbookaddict(f): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
AtheistD:

Moderate Muslims are not follow following the quran.. they are neglecting hundreds of commands that the islamists are not
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
i actually feel sorry for them. very sorry.

but why? why?
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2015
AtheistD:

qq
Thank you sir for being open minded. I am a devout Christian and I respect the rights of atheists to not believe in God. However I would also like to say militant atheists like hahn who would rejoice at the death of Christians for their faith are moronic and disgusting human beings who don't understand that Islamists kill everyone who does not think like them.
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2015
Papist:
qq
Thank you sir for being open minded. I am a devout Christian and I respect the rights of atheists to not believe in God. However I would also like to say militant atheists like hahn who would rejoice at the death of Christians for their faith are moronic and disgusting human beings who don't understand that Islamists kill everyone who does not think like them.

Lol @ "militant atheists". You guys seem to chose not to acknowledge my jab at that muslim dude. I'm only pissed that someone in his right sense would die for a delusion. Where was god when they laid down their life for him?

PS: Those dumb muslims kill muslims too so I don't know what the fuss is all about
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2015
Shollyps:
without religion... the world will be a much better place.... just can't believe how someone will kill his fellow human just because of religion

And I can't believe that someone will allow himself be killed just because of religion.

In the article it even says one of the women "smiled" undecided
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by tartar9(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
hahn:

Lol. You are only jealous of my sexy pot belly grin

Besides, Islam, in recent times, is leading in the ranks of psychopathic deluded religiotards and is responsible for acts of murder, rape, child slavery, sex slavery and every other barbaric agenda you can think of.

Besides, I'm not gay. You can stick your dick in a termite hill for all I care tongue
was only saying,atheists have no reason to be good.the world is lucky I believe in God.
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by hahn(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
tartar9:
was only saying,atheists have no reason to be good.the world is lucky I believe in God.

Just like ISIS is an example of how religion is a basis for morality undecided
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
hahn:

And I can't believe that someone will allow himself be killed just because of religion.

In the article it even says one of the women "smiled" undecided

If Isis or boko haram happens to catch you and asked you to believe in allah or else they kill you. Will you prefare to die an hero by not believing or you will preserve your life by confessing what you truelly dont believe? Put yourself in this shoes. Christian do not believe in allah and they are ready to die to defend thier faith. Like wise an atheist who do not believe will prefares to die not believing. We have seen many atheist killed because they do not believe too. Think of it: undecided
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
tartar9:
story for the gods

Honestly, you muslims have no heart... angry
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
elantraceey:

God bless you. At least thats the true love for Christ. Its like someone telling me to disown or insult my parents or else he kill me.
I will prefare to die in loving them.
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Qur'an (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah

Isis and others are following this verses... cry
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2015

John 16:2 ►
They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Isis, Boko Haram.....etcetc.. angry
Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Allah is a blood drilling god. The funny thing is, they kill for Allah. Then Allah in return kill them too when they worship him in that holy city of safety (Mekkah.) Bounch of blind fellows angry

Re: 11 Christian Missionaries Crucified And Beheaded: They Refused To Deny Christ by plappville(f): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Own Definition Of God's Goodness? / Opus Dei. / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Washed Bitter Leaf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.