Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,741 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? (837 Views)

Protest In Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing In Abuja (Photos) / Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by FacelessPatriot: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
With the current challenges facing the power sector, and know fully well that as a developing nation, power holds the key to our growth, is it not only wise to have a separate ministry for power? even if one were to merge it with other ministries, should it be housing? (Land and Housing in reality). to make it worse is to add works...Jack of all trades kind of thing. what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
time will tell but 1 thing is certain

Buhari has sublated governance to Fashola

the President has finally realised he has no clue and is counting on fashola to give his government direction

we will see how Fashola gets on
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by divinehand2003(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
If Fashola could tranform Lagaos state into the largest mega city in Africa , why cant he do likewise in those sectors of the Nigerian ecomony with excellence. Watch and see my dear OP
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by meforyou1(m): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
divinehand2003:
If Fashola could tranform Lagaos state into the largest mega city in Africa , why cant he do likewise in those sectors of the Nigerian ecomony with excellence. Watch and see my dear OP
shut the hell up. Fashola is a thief and a rogue that left lagos worse than he met it.
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by divinehand2003(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
meforyou1:
shut the hell up. Fashola is a thief and a rogue that left lagos worse than he met it.

Bros na only you waka come? You must be from canary islands in burkina Faso. Retrograde amnesia dey hammer your tuketuke brain. Nonsense wailer like you

1 Like

Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by FacelessPatriot: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
divinehand2003:

i'm not doubting his capability, but won't jam-packing a sensitive ministry such as power with these other ministries reduce his efficiency?

can't wait for when we start using coal, solar energy et al to start generating 24-7 power supply. it would be attained faster if there is a separate ministry for power...merging works and power aint too bad, but adding housing? ouch! na to dey share lands and properties na him go dey fashola mind
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by FacelessPatriot: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
seun, lalasticlala, obinoscopy help us make we deliberate on this issue wella
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by divinehand2003(m): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
FacelessPatriot:

i'm not doubting his capability, but won't jam-packing a sensitive ministry such as power with these other ministries reduce his efficiency?

can't wait for when we start using coal, solar energy et al to start generating 24-7 power supply. it would be attained faster if there is a separate ministry for power...merging works and power aint too bad, but adding housing? ouch! na to dey share lands and properties na him go dey fashola mind

That's why you have subordinates consisting of directors, permanent Secretaries, civil servants etc. Make them work out their ass. Results must come out. At least he was an exceptional governor in time past, he can do it again in these 3 sectors.
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by edey2real: 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
I think the President merged them together because he couldn't entrust any of those ministries in the hands of other candidates.

It is really a big task for BRF to handle. I admire him but I don't envy him now cos of this.
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by SkyBlue1: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
I have similar concerns: Power and Works are huge and critical in their own right as independent entities in the Nigerian context. Let us see what happens anyway, I have never been this excited about a ministerial cabinet. There is no lack of talent and they have a good overall head who is no nonsense and would hold them to account. Let us see what Fashola does with it first. I am worried it might be too big for him but at the same time he has a whole ministry of bureaucrats who should really start earning their pay.
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by mikolo80: 3:11am On Nov 12, 2015
krendo:
time will tell but 1 thing is certain

Buhari has sublated governance to Fashola

the President has finally realised he has no clue and is counting on fashola to give his government direction

we will see how Fashola gets on
how do you govern?
you delegate
Abi you don see coach wen de enter pitch successfully
wake up man
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by likila: 3:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Sai Baba!
he will soon make one naira equal to one dollar
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by mikolo80: 3:21am On Nov 12, 2015
SkyBlue1:
I have similar concerns: Power and Works are huge and critical in their own right as independent entities in the Nigerian context. Let us see what happens anyway, I have never been this excited about a ministerial cabinet. There is no lack of talent and they have a good overall head who is no nonsense and would hold them to account. Let us see what Fashola does with it first. I am worried it might be too big for him but at the same time he has a whole ministry of bureaucrats who should really start earning their pay.
what is huge about telling 3 perm secs to bring solution with cost, thinking it over,comparing with other countries, giving them target and cut their career short abruptly others will take dressing sharp sharp
Re: Merging Ministry Of Power With Works And Housing, A Good Idea? by neolboy(m): 5:31am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't know the kind of Adviser our President get.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This (photo) don't be supprise / Chibok Girls... Have They Been Found? / No More News About Diepreye Alamieyeseigha Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.