Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice (3374 Views)

I’m In A Serious Dilemma. I Think My Car Key Has Been Duplicated. / Please Advice: What Car Should I Buy For Mom ? / Pro And Con Of Golf 4 Please Advice With Your Experience !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by DGD1(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
phnibeogu:

thanks a lot, can i include Mitsubishi outlander to the cuv list? cos i love that more than those two you mentioned is it good? 2005 and 2007 models?

yeah the outlander looks better than those two, am not really conversant with the outlander.
you could ask auto experts such as kingreign, Gazzuzz, denn, siena, mayor2013, and the likes.
also nurey, dat guy can do thorough research for you.
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by Denn(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
I don't like Mitsubishi, maybe because of my 'smoky' experience with one.

However, the following would be my recommendation.

BMW E46. Wonderful driving experience. Gives you a new meaning to driving. Ensure you use synthetic engine oil plus coolant always. Lower arm issues on Nigerian roads....not much of a sweat if you can change it once a year avg.

RAV4. Sweet ride. Good resale value. An advanced Toyota corolla. Be wary of thieves and armed robbers though.

Honda Accord EOD. Flee from the V6. Avoid the fabric seat. Get a sweet leather copy with wonderful sound system. Ensure you are concerned about the shaft and hubs...they have a penchant for spoiling on third mainland bridge at 11pm.

Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Denn:
I don't like Mitsubishi, maybe because of my 'smoky' experience with one.

However, the following would be my recommendation.

BMW E46. Wonderful driving experience. Gives you a new meaning to driving. Ensure you use synthetic engine oil plus coolant always. Lower arm issues on Nigerian roads....not much of a sweat if you can change it once a year avg.

RAV4. Sweet ride. Good resale value. An advanced Toyota corolla. Be wary of thieves and armed robbers though.

Honda Accord EOD. Flee from the V6. Avoid the fabric seat. Get a sweet leather copy with wonderful sound system. Ensure you are concerned about the shaft and hubs...they have a penchant for spoiling on third mainland bridge at 11pm.

Is the bolded from experience?
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by Denn(m): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Is the bolded from experience?

From research and my humble driving along Lagos roads.

Seen a pulled Honda at oworo end of the bridge at night too.

Have you never seen one?
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Denn:

From research and my humble driving along Lagos roads.

Seen a pulled Honda at oworo end of the bridge at night too.

Have you never seen one?

Iv seen, but they hardly pull at high speeds.(i may be wrong)
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by Denn(m): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Iv seen, but they hardly pull at high speeds.(i may be wrong)

The speed is not as important as the wheel flex ( properly known as lateral wheel movement) in determining when the wheel will finally pull out due to a hub or bearing failure.

Bumps, turns plus anything that distorts the wheel's position will accelerate its separation.

More on wheel failures here
http://www.crashforensics.com/wheelandhubfailures.cfm

Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by phnibeogu: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
DGD1:

yeah the outlander looks better than those two, am not really conversant with the outlander.
you could ask auto experts such as kingreign, Gazzuzz, denn, siena, mayor2013, and the likes.
also nurey, dat guy can do thorough research for you.

yeah, its an open thread, was thinking i will get input from them, well if not the outlander, i love the 07-11 civic, does it have leg pull issues? what about parts and price? is it more compared to the 03-08 corolla? thanks for your response
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2015
phnibeogu:

yeah, its an open thread, was thinking i will get input from them, well if not the outlander, i love the 07-11 civic, does it have leg pull issues? what about parts and price? is it more compared to the 03-08 corolla? thanks for your response

The civic does not have the same suspension setup as the accord and is not plagued with the tyre pull syndrome, nevertheless if you allow your ball joints wear out long enough it will pull.
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by DGD1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
phnibeogu:

I think you are confusing yourself.(started from sedans to CUVs now back to sedans again)
why not start from what you want in the said car you wish to get.
the road u wish to b driving such a car(i mean d area u live) etc
den we know if it's a sedan/cuv/suv dat would suite u.

I will always take d civic u mentioned ova dat corolla anyday. bt if d road I ply frequently is nt good I would go 4 d corrola coss of ground clearance
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by phnibeogu: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
DGD1:

I think you are confusing yourself.(started from sedans to CUVs now back to sedans again)

I will always take d civic u mentioned ova dat corolla anyday. bt if d road I ply frequently is nt good I would go 4 d corrola coss of ground clearance

am not.am either going for a civic if i will go for sedan, then for the cuvs, am contemplating between the cuv's mentioned... the crv, rav4 and outlander.. even tho i like the outlander more... i hope this is clear enough now...
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by phnibeogu: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
DGD1:

my route is enugu mostly and abuja... i dont think ground clearance would be much issue... tnx for your contribution, i appreciate
Re: In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice by DGD1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
phnibeogu:

my route is enugu mostly and abuja... i dont think ground clearance would be much issue... tnx for your contribution, i appreciate

all settled,
go get urself the civic and enjoy life dere after.
bt pls don't abuse it o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drama @ Kazeems / Help, My 1998 Camry Is Having Issues / Pix. World Most Crazy, Strange And Weird Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.