Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy (62763 Views)

Ram Goat Rearing And Fattening / Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
zayons:
How to Secure your Goats/ Goat Farm. part 2

the place to start is fencing . you must fence your goat farm . this is the first level of security and it is an important one .
there are various materials for fencing but the best of them all is concrete fencing . although it is capital intensive , yet it is durable and serve other purposes for the farm

cont'd

How to Secure your Goats/ Goat Farm. part 3

Wood can also be used for fencing. Although i had used wood for my urban goat farm, i discontinued it for some reasons. It may not be a bad idea for a start especially if you are working with low budget

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Guide To Stocking your Goat Farm

The principle is similar - whether you are stocking a large or small farm, old or new farm.
Pay attention to some essentials because failure may spell doom for the farming enterprise,

it is possible to lose all your stock in a short period with wrong stock selection.
To the newbie goat farmer, it is no big deal. To stock their farm, all they have to do is visit any of the markets and pick any of the available goats.

to be contd
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Guide To Stocking your Goat Farm contd

Except you have experience in taking care of goats or you have an experienced person around you, it is advisable that the beginner goat farmer stock with small herd size when starting out. The reason is so that he can learn the ropes and pick some skills along the way

to be contd
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
This is the new link for the Goat farming whatsapp group. there were complaints that the first one was not connecting

Follow this link to join the Goat Farming WhatsApp group: https:///EiY138firgIHCtyavCJ37o

let me know if you are having issues
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dnapstar(m): 7:26am On Aug 04, 2019
zayons:
This is the new link for the Goat farming whatsapp group. there were complaints that the first one was not connecting

Follow this link to join the Goat Farming WhatsApp group: https:///EiY138firgIHCtyavCJ37o

I am having issues.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Kingsley10000: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
add me 08133610346
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by aremuforlife(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
The link is not going through
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by smartoskie(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
The link is not going thru please add me 07034756615
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Medallion500: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Add me pleass...08090903326
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by sotech: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
zayons:
@op. Kindly add my number 08077559496 ,thank u

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Botanistbbb: 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
same here pls add.....08143697335
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by sotech: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
@op kindly add 08077559496

zayons:

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
aremuforlife:
The link is not going through

Yes
the link has been revoked due to the fact that some crooks and lazy scammers were abusing the opportunity.

they use the link to gain access into the group and start posting get-rich-quick and fraudulent schemes.

those who indicated interest above should give me time to add some of you to the group

but if the abuse continue and participants fail to respect the group rules, i will discontinue the FREE WHATSAPP GROUP and continue only with the PAID GROUP.

however, we shall continue to weed out unserious elements out of the group; those who has no interest in goat farming
but there is always a limit to what we can do
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by aremuforlife(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
[/quote][quote author=zayons post=81477919]

Yes
the link has been revoked due to the fact that some crooks and lazy scammers were abusing the opportunity.

they use the link to gain access into the group and start posting get-rich-quick and fraudulent schemes.

those who indicated interest above should give me time to add some of you to the group

but if the abuse continue and participants fail to respect the group rules, i will discontinue the FREE WHATSAPP GROUP and continue only with the PAID GROUP.

however, we shall continue to weed out unserious elements out of the group; those who has no interest in goat farming
but there is always a limit to what we can do
Thanks for the clarification, please send the working link. Thanks
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dionpholly(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kudos to you @ OP,, this is my 1st post on this thrend.
I will like to suggest you to create a telegram group instead,because we are enjoying this trend,,, it has many purposes.
1. New members will have access to the previous discussions
2. Those scammer/groups disturber can be muted by the admin,,, they won't be able to repost anything without removing them.
3. It contains thousands of members
And lots more.
Pls add me 08088618437
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
dionpholly:
Kudos to you @ OP,, this is my 1st post on this thrend.
I will like to suggest you to create a telegram group instead,because we are enjoying this trend,,, it has many purposes.
1. New members will have access to the previous discussions
2. Those scammer/groups disturber can be muted by the admin,,, they won't be able to repost anything without removing them.
3. It contains thousands of members
And lots more.
Pls add me 08088618437

i will think about it
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by nosiruadekunle: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
hello bro, pls how can i fformulate goat feeds with as low a N20.
zayons:

yes it is possible but this model if not properly managed may cost more. if you have a large herd size, then you will need to spend a lot to grow the grass and care for it. if your goat population is small and you have free land then go for this.

if your herd size is large or you plan to go commercial in future and if you plan well, you can formulate goat feeds that are cheap. you can actually feed a goat at LESS THAN N20 (twenty naira) per day .

zero grazing goat farming is always better and more profitable for many reasons. that means your goat will not be eating grasses but only formulated feeds. this is better if you are doing it for business.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by McTobe(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Thank you for your efforts. I took time to read all the posts, I must say that it was quite enlightening.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by adelafe2019: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2019
l am having issue with the link.Pls. add me up 09076976862
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Homeyfav: 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
zp[]';
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by joeyreports: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2019
klkjgdgjkhkljk
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Reccoxxy: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
Please add me to the WhatsApp group . - 08153800799. Thanks
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by biobuk1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group; 08060274057
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Homeyfav:

Get the goat farming business plan here
https://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/goat-farming-business-plan-nigeria-feasibility-studies/

Pls I am not the one selling bussiness plan. I don't know the person and I have no deal with him directly or indirectly.
Pls he is not fronting for me.

But if you need information about goat Farming talk to goat farmers who are actually rearing goats. Experience is key.

It is easy to gather materials together and sell. But if the seller is not practicing it then be careful.

If I need to sell anything of value to you I will sure tell you. But I have never done so on this thread.

Again I am not the one distracting you with business plan adverts here .
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by funso111: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Pls add 07038307221
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Tunde800(m): 6:24am On Jan 11, 2020
Nice article, very educative.
I have studied Goat farming and I have gotten so many different views which is Normal.All I want now are the Exotic breeds already in Nigeria. I will also Need WAD.
I need Sirohi, Kalahari and Boer.

If anyone knows where I can get pls kindly assist
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Tunde800(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2020
Kindly add me to You WhatsApp Group 08060964193
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by tugrow(m): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2020
Add me as well 08182581068
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by faoogoke(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Add me 08028404112. Thank you
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by FarmTech(m): 12:13am On Jan 13, 2020
@ op, do you vaccinate your goats?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by FarmTech(m): 12:27am On Jan 13, 2020
sanmibukunmi:

thanks..... I rear the west African dwarf breeds. these are the breeds that are common in our environment... they are very hardy and very prolific but have slow growth rate......
what made me loose them basically was the experimental feeds I was giving to them cos I made sure I gave DM all necessary drugs before commencing. I discovered that when you give ruminants too much of concentrates or too much of fresh green grasses it can cause some sort of imbalance in their digestive system which then leads to diarrhea. if the diarrhea persists, they loose energy fast and they die. after discovering this, once I noticed they had diarrhea, the first thing I do is to remove them from the feed. u tried getting electrolytes for those animals seriously weak but I couldn't. so all I did to curb it was to take them off the feed and give them anti diarrhea drugs such as ravax. some people will say infections also cause diarrhea but for me I noticed after taking them off feed and given then the ravax, they returned to normal wellbeing. so I will recommend when you notice some thing like this, the first line of action is to cure the diarrhea then you can go ahead with some anti biotics if you are sure of an infection. electrolytes could be hard to get so am recommending paying full attention to animals so as to notice the diarrhea very early.... it's one of those things I failed to do when I first started.

PS - am not an expert. just still learning. am sure other pple on the thread can contribute more.
u can get electrolyte from vet stores. Some of them also contain multivit and minerals.
Ruminants in general will die if you feed the too much concentrate or if you change their feed too quickly or suddenly. The new flush of grass that grows at the beginning of the rainy season can also cause deadly problem. See http://farmersjoint.com/thread-29041.html and https://stockmansfeed.com/blog/20042/treatment-and-symptoms-of-grass-tetany-in-cattle

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm / Why Can't Apples Grow In Nigeria? / My New Tomatoes Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.