Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy (62796 Views)

Ram Goat Rearing And Fattening / Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dnapstar(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2018
zellis001:

Thanks 4 d concern. I got d bucks 4 7500 minimum and the doe 4 a maximum of 12,000. Some of the does were sold 4 10,000 - 11,000 depending on how far their pregnancy was. The transport cost was 250k cuz the truck was loaded wit goats and sacks of their feed.
Thank you for your feedback. I plan to invest in goat farming and I am trying to gather all the information I can get as I have very little margin for error.
I wish I could contact you on whatsapp or give you a call.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by stpat1(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
I was able to speak to Zayon on phone and he really gave good tips and advice.
Thanks Zayon. I really appreciate your time and openness.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by lanre2009: 6:19am On Apr 25, 2018
Good morning bro...Pls do you have a line thats on whatsapp.....Will you be kind enough to educate us on the commercial gain of raising Boer goats....thanks in Advance

zayons:
OK
0816 806 4251
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by ISKANDER23RD(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2018
zayons:

the transport cost appear to be on the high side. do you mean to say 250k or 25k ? 250k for 12 goats is high for me. that is about 20k per goat transport cost.

Please I would like to know if goats can be reared by open grazing in an enclosed space whereby u grow the grass they eat and rotate them from one field to another and probably only give them supplement. Of course u will also provide shades for them where they will retire during rain or at night........

Take for instance a situation where you have 1000 Boer goat how do you feed such without breaking a bank if you have to buy their feed bearing in mind they eat so much for a day.

But if different grass they consumed can be grown and watered even in dry season I feel that the cost of feeding may be reduce by 65%

I await your reply thank you sir you have done so well

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Adegboye71: 7:17pm On May 09, 2018
Pls is dwarf goat farming you are doing?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Twinmama(f): 7:38pm On May 09, 2018
ISKANDER23RD:

Please I would like to know if goats can be reared by open grazing in an enclosed space whereby u grow the grass they eat and rotate them from one field to another and probably only give them supplement. Of course u will also provide shades for them where they will retire during rain or at night........

Take for instance a situation where you have 1000 Boer goat how do you feed such without breaking a bank if you have to buy their feed bearing in mind they eat so much for a day.

But if different grass they consumed can be grown and watered even in dry season I feel that the cost of feeding may be reduce by 65%

Zayon, God bless you for the good work. I'm also interested in the reply @ISKANDER
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by deborsky(m): 6:50am On May 11, 2018
zayons:

cont'd.
1. Antibiotics especially propen and oxytet
2. Epinephrine in case of anaphylactic shock
3. vegetable oil or our own palm oil
4. vit b co
5. Dewormers

these are basic materials . you may need others but you will always need these if you are a serious goat farmer . I don't mean those who rear goats at home on free range . they don't need any basic material since they are really not after profit or doing it as a business.

but for serious goat farmer or intending goat farmer prepare to get them and if possible get the other matetials not listed here . I listed only few basic ones here.

cheers
ok
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:04pm On May 13, 2018
lanre2009:
Good morning bro...Pls do you have a line thats on whatsapp.....Will you be kind enough to educate us on the commercial gain of raising Boer goats....thanks in Advance

as soon as the WhatsApp group is on I will post the details here .
am quite busy now
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Blackbelly(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2018
Zayons pls add me to the WhatsApp group when it is ready. I have a few issues with my goats. Here is my digit zero 902 119 821 two
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:19pm On May 13, 2018
ISKANDER23RD:

yes it is possible but this model if not properly managed may cost more. if you have a large herd size, then you will need to spend a lot to grow the grass and care for it. if your goat population is small and you have free land then go for this.

if your herd size is large or you plan to go commercial in future and if you plan well, you can formulate goat feeds that are cheap. you can actually feed a goat at LESS THAN N20 (twenty naira) per day .

zero grazing goat farming is always better and more profitable for many reasons. that means your goat will not be eating grasses but only formulated feeds. this is better if you are doing it for business.

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:22pm On May 13, 2018
Adegboye71:
Pls is dwarf goat farming you are doing?

WAD and northern breeds except Bornu White for obvious reasons.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by yak(m): 10:23pm On May 13, 2018
I wish to go into this goat farming but my major concern has bn security for the goats. those already in this, how do u go about it
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:24pm On May 13, 2018
Blackbelly:
Zayons pls add me to the WhatsApp group when it is ready. I have a few issues with my goats. Here is my digit zero 902 119 821 two

ok
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:28pm On May 13, 2018
yak:
I wish to go into this goat farming but my major concern has bn security for the goats. those already in this, how do u go about it

there are ways around it. the bottom line is this : you will spend money ( the amount depend on several factors.) but it is not as difficult as it appear.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:29pm On May 13, 2018
yak:

there are ways around it. the bottom line is this : you will spend money ( the amount depend on several factors.) but it is not as difficult as it appear.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by yak(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2018
zayons:

ok
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by great107: 2:40am On May 14, 2018
Join us on goat, sheep,and ram concept

https:///8NsTkZ6NMj16V0ZHAAsbc2

Or pchat me to add u up with hot discussion now on 08063767565
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Nobody: 7:01am On May 14, 2018
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by ultrazone(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2018
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by supergist1(m): 4:11am On May 31, 2018
Goat farming in Nigeria is very popular and common. The agriculture sector of Nigeria greatly contributing the total national income and economic growth. Goat meats are widely accepted and consumed round the globe, while the milk is also gaining in popularity and is being sold in supermarkets across the United States, Europe and Asia and represent the bulk of the liquid milk market. Commercial goat farming is very popular in northern part of Nigeria than southern part.

The meat is believed to be the best animal meat available anywhere in the market for good reasons. Not only does the
http://www.supergist.com.ng/start-goat-farming-nigeria/
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Israel17: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2018
PretzelPlus:
Picture of goats and sheeps on my farm.
I love this, please can I get to see more pictures?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by iclass1: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Boss Zayons ...i love what you are doing on this platform...please am interest in Goat Rearing Business. add me to your your whatsapp group if there is any.
thanks
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by billyG(m): 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
zellis001:

Thanks 4 d concern. I got d bucks 4 7500 minimum and the doe 4 a maximum of 12,000. Some of the does were sold 4 10,000 - 11,000 depending on how far their pregnancy was. The transport cost was 250k cuz the truck was loaded wit goats and sacks of their feed.
Are u saying d transport 4 yur 12goats cost #250k
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by billyG(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
zayons:
Goat business is profitable. with some guidance and patience anyone will sure make a living from it. the market for goat is high and will continue to increase. yet many young folks are not looking into this direction. whether you desire to go into goat farming or simply rearing for personal purposes, am willing to provide guidance.
Or if you simply want to go into buying and selling of goats, which is very lucrative, you can find free guidance here.
feel free and let us talk
Tnks for your expositions,I wanna ask those goats pic I saw on your farm whites with a splash of brown what breeds are they?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
iclass1:
Boss Zayons ...i love what you are doing on this platform...please am interest in Goat Rearing Business. add me to your your whatsapp group if there is any.
thanks

ok
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dnapstar(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
08094907930. Kindly add me to the group
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by wengerman: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
kindly add me to your goat group 08050761678
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
billyG:

Tnks for your expositions,I wanna ask those goats pic I saw on your farm whites with a splash of brown what breeds are they?

am not sure of the particular pic you are talking about. most of my goats are Nigerian breeds - both the northern sokoto maradi breed and the southern WAD. the only foreign breed I have is the Sahelian goat breed ( west African long legged) from Niger republic/Mali.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
dnapstar:
08094907930. Kindly add me to the group
OK
we are starting in july
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
wengerman:
kindly add me to your goat group 08050761678

OK
will be on in july
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by babalolaadebayor(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pls add me to ur goat group 08141220527
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2018
babalolaadebayor:
Pls add me to ur goat group 08141220527

ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm / Why Can't Apples Grow In Nigeria? / My New Tomatoes Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.