Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP (1598 Views)

Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP / Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Demmocrats(m): 3:15am On Nov 12, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s assignment of portfolios to the ministers, who resumed duties, yesterday, elicited mixed views in the polity. While some hailed the distribution of the ministries among the component parts of the country and expressed optimism that the team would drive the president’s change agenda, others thought otherwise.

Indeed, the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, took a swipe at President Buhari, saying the portfolios given to some of the ministers did not in any way inspire confidence that the All Progressives Congress, APC-led government wants to pursue change.

In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, the PDP, however, urged the ministers to urgently settle down for business and concentrate on the economy.

According to PDP, the present administration has so far played heavily on what it termed, dramatizing routine procedures and processes, which was even glaring in the prolonged swearing-in ceremony of the ministers.

Metuh said, “The much-expected assignment of portfolios to the ministers did not inspire confidence that there is indeed any change being introduced in the system. With the inauguration, the APC administration should fully resolve the issues on the actual position of the nation’s economy and the direction therein.

“Whereas President Muhammadu Buhari had announced that the nation is bankrupt to the extent he cannot pay his ministers, his new Minister of Information had contradicted him directly by stating how the government is buoyant and ready to deploy $2.5 billion infrastructure fund, saved N1.4 trillion with another N2.5 trillion ready as special intervention fund, which goes to say that the country is not actually broke.

“These new ministers should note the challenge before them regarding the image of the country which the APC government has changed from being the ‘Heart of Africa’ and a country of ‘Good people, Great nation’ to that of ‘Corrupt people, Broke nation’.

“Furthermore, we counsel the ministers, especially those who will be the face of the government, to note that the campaigns are over. Nigerians, therefore, will no longer condone propaganda, lies and deceit but expect a responsible dissemination based on truth, honesty and openness”.

Concentrate on Power transmission, Barth Nnaji urges Fashola

Also yesterday, former Minister of Power, Professor Barth Nnaji, urged the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, to concentrate on transmission process of the power sector because of its constraints.

Speaking to journalists shortly after he appeared before the Senate Ad-Hoc Committee on Power, Professor Nnaji said: “I know that Fashola is an excellent administrator and manager. I can imagine what Lagos State used to be like before he became governor and what it is now. It comes with dedication and that is what we need in this country.”

Buhari fair to South-East —Egolum

L-R; New Ministers Brig. Gen. Munsur Mohammed Dan Ali (Defence); Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim ((State Foreign Affairs); Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Women Affairs); and Hajia Aisha Abubakar (State, Trade and Investments) taking the oath of Office as Federal Ministers during their swear-in ceremony, held at the Presidential Villa Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida 11/11/2015
L-R; New Ministers Brig. Gen. Munsur Mohammed Dan Ali (Defence); Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim ((State Foreign Affairs); Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Women Affairs); and Hajia Aisha Abubakar (State, Trade and Investments) taking the oath of Office as Federal Ministers during their swear-in ceremony, held at the Presidential Villa Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida 11/11/2015
A former chieftain of the National Democratic Coalition, Chief Chuba Egolum, okayed President Buhari’s handling of the ministerial appointments and distribution of portfolios and disagreed with those who said that the South-East has been short-changed.

His words: “Devoid of sentiments, Igbo didn’t get it right in the last election. Our strategy was wrong. We put all our eggs in one basket. I won’t join the bandwagon of those complaining about the appointment. Those who expect juicy political appointments for the South-East have misplaced expectations. What did the South-East do towards the election of President Buhari? If he gave us juicy appointments what about those who worked for his election? Appointment is the exclusive preserve of the President. We can fight for even spread of projects not appointments.’’

Speaking in like manner, the Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria (NCSN) congratulated President Buhari for appointing Ndigbo with worthy ministerial portfolios which compliment the appointments of Federal Permanent Secretaries.

NCSN President, Chief Udoka Udeogaranya, in a statement said “these recent conducts by President Buhari indicated that the president is beginning to re-write himself from an earlier posture of sectionalism into a worthy national posture.”

Fayose tasks Fayemi on Ekiti

Meanwhile, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has congratulated former governor of the state, Dr Kayode Fayemi, over his appointment as Minister of Solid Mineral, urging him to use his position for the commercial exploitation of the abundant solid mineral resources in the state.

The governor in a statement issued in Ado-Ekiti by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said President Buhari must have considered the need for commercial exploitation of the solid minerals spread across towns and villages in Ekiti State before arriving at the choice of Fayemi as Solid Minerals minister.

Fayose spoke as Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State capital, erupted in celebration over Fayemi’s new position.

As early as 8 am, live bands were stationed at the APC secretariat along Ajilosun Street as party members and supporters trooped in, waiting for the inauguration and allocation of portfolio to the former governor.

Crowd of supporters at the secretariat spilled over to the main road along the busy Akure-Ado Ekiti road as they went into jubilation when news broke that Fayemi had been named the Minister of Solid Minerals, the sector the President has marked out as the second golden egg of the nation’s economy after oil.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/ministers-mixed-reactions-trail-assignment-of-portfolios/

Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove.

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Demmocrats(m): 3:16am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't comment about PDP but what got my attention was this part.

"former Minister of Power, Professor Barth Nnaji, urged the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, to concentrate on transmission process of the power sector because of its constraints."

Lol imagine someone that failed jamb advising someone on how to pass jamb, so funny.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by madridguy(m): 3:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Bad belle party

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Firefire(m): 3:23am On Nov 12, 2015
We at this end wish all the ministers well in their new assignment.

I believe right inside me that God will help these ministers.

May God continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Campaign is over!

Shalom!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by aminho(m): 3:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Sai godiya chin suya sai ranan sallah

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Gegz(m): 3:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Even when there isn't any issue, PDP always finds one. Learn to watch from the bench when u av bn relegated to that position

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by mrvitalis(m): 4:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Demmocrats:
I don't comment about PDP but what got my attention was this part.

Lol imagine someone that failed jamb advising someone on how to pass jamb, so funny.
My dear... .prof Bath never failed.....His works in that ministry was seen by all

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by mrvitalis(m): 4:11am On Nov 12, 2015
Bros when u were offered a free course u refused.... Now see how u are disgracing ur self here.... learn they won't

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Pavore9: 4:31am On Nov 12, 2015
They had the 'best ministers' for 16 good years and still left Nigeria in tatters! After one year, we will be in a position to compare Fashola's record as Minister for Works and when PDP's Tony Anenih was the Minister for Works! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by modath(f): 4:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Firefire:
We at this end wishes all the ministers well in their new assignment.

Campaign is over!

Shalom!

You Reaaaaaalllllllyyyyy ?! shocked

Issokay!! smiley

But as for your party, they should just put a lid on it..

They set the bar so low that with little improvements thrown here & there, Nigerians are going to act like xmas came June....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by kunzo: 4:48am On Nov 12, 2015
You can not do anything to stop wailer

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Aufbauh(m): 5:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Olise Metuh the PDP nurse is sounding like someone who is lonely, dejected and struggling to keep pace.
No wonder he was termed 'broken record'.

It is not up to the PDP to evaluate or assess PMB's ministers for now as they lacks the moral or political standings to do so. Rather it is up to the Nigerian people to do this as it affects their daily lives and welfare in the long run.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by handie(m): 5:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Them wailers are always gon wail. Expect TonyeBarcanista wailticle soon. Olisa Metuh talking before thinking since birth.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by baby124: 5:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Human beings are looking for the way forward. Masquerade sef show face de give opinion

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by lorbah001(m): 5:37am On Nov 12, 2015
K
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by omenka(m): 5:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Firefire:

Campaign is over!

Shalom!
Oponuchukwu. You are beginning to sound like an illiterate IPOD/TAN thug. If dem tell una to go school una go refuse, now look at the trash you just made of simple english.

Anyway, thanks for your well wishes.

As for auxiliary Nurse Olisa Metuh, there's no gainsaying the prognosis of his patient, the Peoples DemocraCY Party, presents very little hope of her survival.

If I were him, I'd devote my entire time to administering what little treatment I can to her instead of giving unsolicited advice to qualified doctors.

But then, given the dilapidated state of the facilities at the Emergency Room in Wadata Palaza, it is likely even if a qualified doctor is found, the patient would most likely still die, and the Nurse recognises this FACT.

Starvation has been pushing these hitherto Ajebo Goats that became adapted to eating only Yams to psychoses. It is just a matter of time before they perish from acute stomach ulcer since Nigerians rose up in unison to padlock the door to yam barn.

God bless Buhari.

God bless our Ministers.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless TRUE Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 12, 2015
kunzo:
You can not do anything to stop wailer

Otito!?! Truth!! They are configured to wail... even if Buhari turns Nigeria to the Giant of Africa, they will still ask why?? best thing is to ignore them...waiting for tonyebarcanista

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by LordMecuzy(m): 6:05am On Nov 12, 2015
Firefire:

Campaign is over!

Shalom!

I Love your style of opposition...... Nice bro you'll make a good politician

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by PassingShot(m): 6:06am On Nov 12, 2015
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". Abraham Lincoln

The above quote is very much needed for Mettuh and his co travellers at this point.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Chuksgeo: 6:09am On Nov 12, 2015
watching closely!
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by henchamb(m): 6:10am On Nov 12, 2015
Nurse metuh at it again

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:19am On Nov 12, 2015
PDP now sounds like a broken record. Are there no limits to wailing? I have a feeling that PDP is terrified of PMB's cabinet!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by nofij(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2015
sad
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by palladin: 6:48am On Nov 12, 2015
Being an oppostio must really hurt right now.

Electoral shock is indeed worse than electrical shock.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2015
I SEE NO CHANGES!
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Firefire(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2015
omenka:
Oponuchukwu. You are beginning to sound like an illiterate IPOD/TAN thug. If dem tell una to go school una go refuse, now look at the trash you just made of simple english.

Anyway, thanks for your well wishes.

As for auxiliary Nurse Olisa Metuh, there's no gainsaying the prognosis of his patient, the Peoples DemocraCY Party, presents very little hope of her survival.

If I were him, I'd devote my entire time to administering what little treatment I can to her instead of giving unsolicited advice to qualified doctors.

But then, given the dilapidated state of the facilities at the Emergency Room in Wadata Palaza, it is likely even if a qualified doctor is found, the patient would most likely still die, and the Nurse recognises this FACT.

Starvation has been pushing these hitherto Ajebo Goats that became adapted to eating only Yams to psychoses. It is just a matter of time before they perish from acute stomach ulcer since Nigerians rose up in unison to padlock the door to yam barn.

God bless Buhari.

God bless our Ministers.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless TRUE Nigerians.

Sorry!
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by ichidodo: 7:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Where is the confidence when you lump more than two very critical, sensitive and mental sapping portfolios on one person but expect each portfolios to be well managed enough so as to deliver the goods as far as the well being of Nigerians and Biafrans are concerned in this democratic dispensation..... If this dullardic president wanted to cut costs, shouldn't he have retrenched staff of relegated ministries as well as personal political aides instead of playing to the gallery and overloading people with critical multiple assignments most have no clue about and to the detriment of Nigerians and Biafrans?
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
Dead party with wailing wailers
Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by jmichlins(m): 7:15am On Nov 12, 2015
I didn't read all those thrash from those sad losers but the little that I saw said something about the government being broke. Yes the Presido said the nation is broke and won't be hosting people to somptous party at sheraton but rather invest them into the economy. Buhari is here to stay and if your not happy, go start a new country inside the sahara with the unemployed Biafrans where you will complete the 100yrs you boasted to rule before we kicked you out

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by sandraokosun1: 7:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Firefire:

Campaign is over!

Shalom!
God bless u, ths pdp way of condemn everything, i thought they claimed maturity

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Assignment Of Portfolios: It Doesn’t Inspire Confidence – PDP by Bibidear(f): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Firefire:

Campaign is over!

Shalom!
i lyk u,u are very matured. Thumbs up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy Expanding Faster Under President Muhammadu Buhari - Bloomberg / Over One Thousand Shiites Reportedly Killed by Army in Zaria- Human Rights / Photos: Confusion About Buhari's Age: 72, 73 Or 78?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.