Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. (2648 Views)

Help... My Puppy Is Too Playful. / Rocky The Cute,playful Lhasa Apso Ready For A New Home / 8 weeks Box head Boerbull for sale. 2 females & 5 males available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by zamirikpo(m): 4:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Hi
Guyz
I got a boerbull about 6months ago and she is growing into a nice dog. But that's d problem I don't need a nice dog. She hardly barks at strangers and when she sees me coming she goes crazy with joy.....jumping up and down. I mostly have to calm her down before I can drop her food....pls guyz how do I make her harsh.....I want her to be a wicked dog......I need her to bark furiously whenever she sees strangers.......pls help with tips on how to achieve dis.....tanks
Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by menix(m): 4:10am On Nov 12, 2015
Ur dog is an extrovert, soon it will make friends with robbers..

Solution:
Ensure you seclude the dog where it would hardly have contact with human nd see it turn to Suarez.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by chidifyn(f): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2015
Look her up from 6am till ur last guest goes home. Let her have no contact with anyone expect ur fam members that should take turns in feeding her so that she won't be harsh on them.
Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by DidiLove1: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2015
zamirikpo:
Hi
Guyz
I got a boerbull about 6months ago and she is growing into a nice dog. But that's d problem I don't need a nice dog. She hardly barks at strangers and when she sees me coming she goes crazy with joy.....jumping up and down. I mostly have to calm her down before I can drop her food....pls guyz how do I make her harsh.....I want her to be a wicked dog......I need her to bark furiously whenever she sees strangers.......pls help with tips on how to achieve dis.....tanks

You want to turn a 6-month puppy into a wild animal just because you want to impress your friends and neighbours that you have an aggressive dog. Why didn't you just go for an adult dog trained for security by professionals? Do you know there are consequences when you try to alter a dog's natural temperament?

Someone is even suggesting locking up the dog all day! SMH. The best of luck to you.

Not every dog owner loves a dog, not every dog lover owns a dog! Sad.

10 Likes

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by Akunyun(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
Just take a chill pill on the dogs aggression issue, How's the parent's temperament? There's every chance that the aggressive part of it will surface b4 it clocks a year. Had a similar experience with mine, @ a certain age that instinct sets in naturally.

1 Like

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by mikky94(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
She will change with time..... Same thing happened 2 my rottweiler but gradually turns from being friendly to aggressive

1 Like

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by Drajah(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
Your dog is still young...believe me u don't need a wicked dog! My dog started like that too but mehn that dog is a beast now...

1 Like

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by plentykola(m): 1:18am On Nov 13, 2015
Na so dem tell me say when my dog reach a year+ now d dog play pass anything sote my friends renamed him to"entertainment dog " bro I advise u do something fast

1 Like

Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by zamirikpo(m): 4:54am On Nov 13, 2015
@ plentykola ur post cracked me up .........anyway tanks to all that responded, the tin is I expect some signs that she would be a firm no nonsense dog.....but as it is......she is too playful.....she plays with everybody.....even when I take her on walks.....she wants to play with d street kids...choi.....

Pls more comments .....seclusion noted ......more plsss........
Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by younghartz(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2015
DidiLove1:

You want to turn a 6-month puppy into a wild animal just because you want to impress your friends and neighbours that you have an aggressive dog. Why didn't you just go for an adult dog trained for security by professionals? Do you know there are consequences when you try to alter a dog's natural temperament?

Someone is even suggesting locking up the dog all day! SMH. The best of luck to you.

Not every dog owner loves a dog, not every dog lover owns a dog! Sad.

Didi gettin a matured trained dog for security isn't it risky?
Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by blowjanet: 8:18am On Nov 17, 2015
my advice to you>>.....\

First of dogs have a mind and a soul like humans, different dogs have different temperaments just like humans and people from different tribes haver general traits that set them aside, Yoruba like Faji,Igbo like hustle and Hausa, wellllllll.... they like IDK. anyway you get the point.

you should read more about Boerboels and their temperament, i have a Bullmastiff, he is 2 years now, he never for once barked till he was about 8 months, my mum thought the dog was retarded sef or he had a voice box issue. no sign of aggression but now he is 2 years and once its 10pm he starts to bark when someone stays at the gate for too long then i go inspect, sometimes its neigbors walking by other times its strangers.

Dont isolate your dog, dont hit it, generally dont maltreat it or it will turn on you like my first dog that bite me, mark is still on my hand. aggressive dogs become the head of the pack, which is meant to be you, they get rebellious and thats very very dangerous, one day it will turn on u or hurt a family member. be smart and dont think like a local nigerian. Best solution if you cant train her your self, take her to obedience school or tell your vet to teach her general tricks and command like the o so fav and popular nIGERIAN command-----ATTACK!!!!

between my dog is very intelligent and loyal, even my vet said he has never met a bullmastiff like mine, my dog is friendly to humans but not a fan of other dogs except female, funny he used to be a pussy and got bullied by other dogs. just give it time the inner aggression may come out.
Re: Boerbull Too Playful Too Kind. by officialteemi(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
GOD BLESS U ALL..am having same issue with my Boerboel.tu the point dat am abt selling it...mehn this is HOPE

(1) (Reply)

Both Sex Solid Rottweiler Pups Available For Sale In Lagos.. Discount Price #90k / Thread For Your Gsd Puppies Sired By Drake / Slant GSD Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.