Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better (20382 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / Shocking!!! Frank Lampard Evicts 100-year Old Great--granny Of His Children / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by bollingjoe(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2009
Xavi versus lampard who's better. What's ur take on these two midfielders. I'm awaiting ur response. Pls be objective
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by switch47(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2009
JAMES BOND 007  VS  (AGENT 1) MR BEAN            Who is better?? cool cool
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by RuuDie(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2009
Well. . . . . . I'll say their performances during the semi-final of the UCL is good enough judge for this!
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by bollingjoe(m): 7:51am On May 18, 2009
Usin the ffg criteria: workrate,pass completion,goal scoring ability and the ability to play any position in midfield, i would say xavi has a better workrate, higher pass completion and is a better utility in the midfielder .Lampard wins in the goalscoring dept. So in summary xavi wins lampard 3 -1
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by ogazi007(m): 8:38am On May 18, 2009
U cant compare a captain with a seven star general.
xavi is the best midfielder in the world,he is the best footballer in europe at the moment.
we all saw his magic passes in euro 2008,u can also watch some important games he had won for barca and spain this year/season.
i think the records speaks for itself, xavi is grate
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by switch47(m): 9:00am On May 18, 2009
Does Lampard play football?? shocked he supervises quarrel.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by khanye(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2009
Xavi
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by tayoccu(m): 9:31am On May 18, 2009
there is no basis for comparison Xavi is head and shoulders above lampard.

i keep telling people lampard would have been a nobody if he wasn't english, the dude ain't worth the hype he gets.

1 Like

Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Ibime(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2009
tayoccu:

i keep telling people lampard would have been a nobody if he wasn't english, the dude ain't worth the hype he gets.

Unadulterated bollocks. . . . .

Every manager that comes to SB finds Lamps to be amazing. . . . from JM to Hiddink. . . .

I would agree that Xavi is better than Lamps, but if not for Iniesta's last minute strike, we would be talking about Lamps rampaging performance in the UCL semi-final second-leg. . . . .
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by khanye(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2009
Ibime:

Every manager that comes to SB finds Lamps to be amazing. . . . from JM to Hiddink. . . .

Why wont they like him? when chelsea dont have a replacement for him
He was sub. against Bolton when chelsea were leading 4-0
When Lamps got off Bolton got 3 goals in 20min.

Ibime:

I would agree that Xavi is better than Lamps, but if not for Iniesta's last minute strike, we would be talking about Lamps rampaging performance in the UCL semi-final second-leg. . . . .

Lamps was no where to be found for the whole 180min.
No single shot on goal
Lamps is good when playing against amateur teams tongue

1 Like

Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Ibime(m): 11:56am On May 18, 2009
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/18/1271986/manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-hails-chelsea-star

[center]Manchester United Boss Sir Alex Ferguson Hails Chelsea Star Frank Lampard[/center]

Lampard has become an unlikely target of Ferguson's praise,

Frank Lampard has long been one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League and has even upped his game this season, prompting temporary Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink to claim that he is the "complete box to box midfielder".

His form may have gone un-noticed by his peers - he was controversially snubbed for the PFA Player of the Year awards - yet Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, speaking after leading his side to a record-equalling 18th league title, has declared Lampard to be an "exceptional" footballer.

Ferguson told The Sunday Times, "He is an exceptional player, a huge asset to his team. Every time he plays he goes from box to box and he hardly misses a game.

"You pay attention to players who can get goals from midfield and he’s been averaging 20 goals every season.

"As I say, Frank Lampard is exceptional."

Despite being omitted from certain end-of-season awards, Lampard could find himself as a front-running candidate for goal-of-the-season due to his chipped strike versus Hull City earlier in the season.

Then-manager Luiz Felipe Scolari said at the time that it was one of the greatest goals he had seen.

Alan Dawson, Goal.com
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by tkb417(m): 7:29pm On May 18, 2009
Xavi is a better footballer but i agree with Ibime

Lampard is a complete midfielder. he'll play in any team in europe
Hes good but not better than Xavi
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by eyonigger(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2009
Lamp is good, but Xavi is not better, he is the best midfielder.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 1:59am On May 19, 2009
Lampard is a complete midfielder. he'll play in any team in europe
Hes good but not better than Xavi

Bollocks!!! Where would he play in Barcelona? Unless he would keep.

How come he is so horrible for national Team. In the last world cup had close to 40 shots none on Target
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by bollingjoe(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2009
@ ibime how can u say lampard is a more complete midfielder. Why doesn't he click in the national team. Look enuose . Xavi is light years ahead of lampard.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by dyabman(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2009
HOW DARE!!!

Lamps is the best in his role, forget bout the national level , we all know most english players dont perform well, Lampard score lots of GOALS, Plays in the Toughest League in the world, I bet Xavi wont play 10 straight matches in england ^^^ 3 months injury ^^^^,
dayokanu:

How come he is so horrible for national Team. In the last world cup had close to 40 shots none on Target

JM said he would never EXCHANGED ANY PLAYER IN THE WORLD WITH SUPER FRANKY!!!. Very disciplined,

Bleep'em you franky Haters. angry
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by MrCrackles(m): 9:23am On May 19, 2009
Lampard by milli miles

He covers every blade of grass!
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Ibime(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2009
Lampard is an animal, whether they like it or not. Defensively, attacking wise, passing-wise. He plays passes with one touch that would take another guy 3 touches to make. He simply doesn't waste time. And he is very good at making the trivela pass as well. 19 goals and 18 assists this season says it all. Xavi is a better player maybe, but he cannot assist, score or defend like Lamps. Hold on. . . . . that makes me question. . . . Is Xavi better?. . . .yes he is, because he controls possession better. . . . .but if I was a coach, I would choose Lamps over Xavi. . . . .whilst there are many players in the world like Xavi (Iniesta, Fabregas, Senna, Xabi etc), there are none like Lampard. . . .
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by akinalabi(m): 10:09am On May 19, 2009
Xavi is more technical and a delight to football. Lamps is a midfield
power house that can't be brushed aside.

khanye:

Why wont they like him? when chelsea dont have a replacement for him

That doesnt make sense. With all their money, they could have bought
someone else.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by khanye(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2009
Ibime:

Lampard is an animal, whether they like it or not. Defensively, attacking wise, passing-wise. He plays passes with one touch that would take another guy 3 touches to make. He simply doesn't waste time. And he is very good at making the trivela pass as well. 19 goals and 18 assists this season says it all. Xavi is a better player maybe, but he cannot assist, score or defend like Lamps. Hold on. . . . . that makes me question. . . . Is Xavi better?. . . .yes he is, because he controls possession better. . . . .but if I was a coach, I would choose Lamps over Xavi. . . . .whilst there are many players in the world like Xavi (Iniesta, Fabregas, Senna, Xabi etc), there are none like Lampard. . . .

Shhhhhh. . . . . . . Gerrad is better!
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by khanye(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2009
akinalabi:

That doesnt make sense. With all their money, they could have bought
someone else.

Like who, Deco
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by akinalabi(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2009
khanye:

Like who, Deco

Thats the point. There are not too many better players they can buy.

switch47:

Does Lampard play football?? shocked he supervises quarrel.

Mad man grin
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Phony200(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2009
Xavi's the better flair player. Lamps rules the box-to-box game. If they were both to swap teams, both would turn out miserably, i think. All round game winning ability, I'm biased towards Lampard. He's so very consistent and injury free
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by bollingjoe(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2009
@ mr crackles have u 4gotten who gave the assist for the magnificient torres goal in the euro2008 final . Xavi had a 92% pass completion ,the highest in dat completion. In ucl 2006 he had a 97% pass completion the highest dat year where wuz lampard dat year. Has ur lampard ever played in defensive midfield position before?
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by crazylegs(m): 11:43am On May 19, 2009
Phony200:

Xavi's the better flair player. Lamps rules the box-to-box game. If they were both to swap teams, both would turn out miserably, i think. All round game winning ability, I'm biased towards Lampard. He's so very consistent and injury free

Reasonably balanced opinion. Xavi has much better vision, controls the game better, is much more intelligent, extremely cool under pressure, rarely looses the ball . . . I could go on all day. However Lampard probably has a better chance of a winning a game on his own since he has more drive and scores more.

Xavi however, doesn't need to do that. He produces the passes. Let Messi, Henry, Etoo/Villa, Torres do the scoring. The man is a beauty to watch. Because of the way he plays he will also age better than Lampard.

1 Like

Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by MrCrackles(m): 11:52am On May 19, 2009
bollingjoe:

@ mr crackles have u 4gotten who gave the assist for the magnificient torres goal in the euro2008 final . Xavi had a 92% pass completion ,the highest in dat completion. In ucl 2006 he had a 97% pass completion the highest dat year where wuz lampard dat year. Has ur lampard ever played in defensive midfield position before?

I havnt forgotten bro!

I am telling you, Lampard has been very influential in virtually almost every Chelsea game he has played

He his hardworking and tenacious

He has more presence in the midfield

He scores goals for fun

He might not have the flair Xavi does, but regarding technical depth, the remain neck to neck!

In cutting out oppositions play, they stand neck to neck

Overall, Lampard is better to be honest

Maybe we should try swapping both players and see who will flourish better?

Xavi will struggle here and Lamps will thrive better in La Liga!

One mistake people make is comparing players who dont play in the same position, so to your point as per defensive midfield position/play
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by tkb417(m): 12:26pm On May 19, 2009

lopsided thinking
he plays for Chelsea and in fact one of the best players in Chelsea
he plays for one of the top four clubs in the world
so what are you talking about?
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by switch47(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2009
BARCELONA is currently Rated number two in the World ranking. X is better!!
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Sauron1: 12:38pm On May 19, 2009
dayokanu:

You are empty-headed!!!
Yaya Toure and Keita play for Barcelona.
Lampard is better than those two by a country mile. . . . .

Xavi is a better player than Lampard technically.
Besides that, Xavi has another intelligent player to make the job easy for him.
If you swap Lampard with Xavi in Barcelona, they will still win games.
Put Xavi in Chelsea and they might still struggle to win the Premiership title.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by switch47(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2009
God i beg o!! X  would rather be in teams that play positive soccer like Liverpool, arsenal, Manchester united and even SpuRs,!! X plays football in Barcelona, Lamps   Plays Rugby-Soccer in Chelsea!! Difference between  STAR WARS and GONE WITH THE WIND!! grin grin
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by khanye(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are empty-headed!!!
Yaya Toure and Keita play for Barcelona.
Lampard is better than those two by a country mile. . . . .

Xavi is a better player than Lampard technically.
Besides that, Xavi has another intelligent player to make the job easy for him.
If you swap Lampard with Xavi in Barcelona, they will still win games.
Put Xavi in Chelsea and they might still struggle to win the Premiership title.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . he wont fit in
Reply with no insult dude.
Re: Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better by Sauron1: 1:10pm On May 19, 2009
khanye:

shhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . he wont fit in
Reply with no insult dude.

He would fit in. . . . .
Lampard is a good player. . . . He will adapt to any system.
La Liga makes Xavi and Iniesta look better than they are.

I watch enough La Liga games to know teams don't care about defending there.
Numancia wants to beat Barcelona by attacking them at full pelt thus exposing themselves to be attacked.
Against Chelsea, Xavi was silenced. His passes were going astray at the speed of light as Chelsea were able to read all those silly triangular passes.

Do u think Barcelona will win the Premiership if they are in the EPL? I think NOT!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CapitalOne Cup: Chelsea Vs Swansea (0 - 2) On 9th January 2012 / Malmo Vs Chelsea - UCL - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.