Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 (20348 Views)

Aston Villa Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) ) On 21st June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by luvola(m): 7:25pm On May 28, 2020
Preview: Everton vs. Liverpool - prediction, team news, lineups

By Barney Corkhill, Editor | 1d

Liverpool finally have the chance to recommence their Premier League title charge on Sunday when they make the short trip across Stanley Park to take on Everton in the 287th Merseyside derby.
The Reds arrive at Goodison Park with a 22-point lead at the top of the table and knowing that just two more wins will be enough to wrap up a first top-flight crown since 1990.

After 30 years of waiting, Liverpool fans have had to be patient for a few months longer than expected as the coronavirus pandemic halted an otherwise unstoppable assault on the Premier League title.
At one stage there was the threat that all of Liverpool's record-breaking achievements would be wiped from the history books and that they would be denied the title in the cruellest of ways, with the 2019-20 campaign being declared null and void.
The red half of Merseyside will be happier than anyone to see the Premier League return, then, although the prospect of officially wrapping up the title in the backyard of their closest neighbours was taken away from them by Manchester City's victory over Arsenal on Wednesday night.
Nevertheless, Liverpool are still only six points away from officially being crowned champions of England for the first time since 1990, adding to their status as champions of Europe and champions of the world.
The unprecedented nature of the coronavirus stoppage will naturally be what the 2019-20 campaign is most remembered for in the future, but Liverpool's exploits also look set to stand the test of time and they will have their sights set on breaking yet more records over the final nine games.

Having incredibly dropped only five of the opening 87 on offer this season, Liverpool need 19 more points from the last 27 available to surpass Manchester City's centurions in terms of the highest overall points tally in a single campaign, while they also look certain to win the title with more games to spare than any other club has managed in the past.
Liverpool's run of picking up 106 points from a possible 108 is almost unfathomable and may never be repeated, although they were in the midst of their first real wobble when play was suspended and travel to Goodison Park having lost four of their last six games across all competitions.
That run includes their solitary Premier League defeat of the season - a 3-0 reverse against Watford - while they were not entirely convincing in bouncing back with a 2-1 triumph over Bournemouth in their most recent top-flight outing before lockdown.

For all of the fears that it could scupper their inevitable title, then, the break may have come at an opportune moment for Liverpool as they aim to continue their remarkably dominant record against their local rivals.
Liverpool have not lost a Merseyside derby for a decade now and have already beaten Everton twice this season, so for the Toffees this is arguably the worst possible fixture with which to return.

There may be optimism amongst Everton that they can capitalise on the unique circumstances created by the three-month stoppage, which will see them play a competitive match in June for the first time ever and Liverpool play only their second - after last year's Champions League final win over Tottenham Hotspur.
For Liverpool this match could nudge a prize even more coveted than that sixth Champions League crown to within touching distance, but Everton will relish the chance to prolong their rivals' wait just that little bit longer.
The Toffees have certainly improved since Carlo Ancelotti's arrival, winning five and losing only three of their 11 Premier League games under the Italian so far.
However, they - like Liverpool - suffered a slump immediately prior to lockdown, picking up just one point from a three-game spell against Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea - the latter a heavy 4-0 defeat.
Everton have ambitions of challenging that calibre of clubs for European places under Ancelotti, but they have won just one of their Premier League matches against members of the 'big six' this season.

Indeed, all but one of the points they have won in those games this season have come at home, where Everton are currently enjoying a seven-match unbeaten run which stretches back to November.
Whether the lack of fans inside Goodison Park affects that form remains to be seen, but they would certainly rather the stands be packed and the atmosphere electric for the visit of Liverpool.
Relegation may not have crossed the minds of the Toffees, but it is worth noting that victory would take them to the magic 40-point mark and could lift them into the top half of the table.
A European push is not completely off the cards either with only six points separating Everton from seventh-placed Wolverhampton Wanderers, although with five of their remaining nine games coming against teams currently above them in the table they may need to upset some odds along the way - starting on Sunday.
Everton Premier League form: DWWLDL
Liverpool Premier League form: WWWWLW
Liverpool form (all competitions): LWLLWL

Liverpool are sweating over the fitness of top-scorer Mohamed Salah for this match, with the winger not pictured in training recently and having missed a warm-up game last week.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has refused to rule the Egyptian - or fellow injury doubt Andrew Robertson - out of the contest, but he is unlikely to take any risks over his fitness with games coming thick and fast in the next few weeks.
The likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana and Takumi Minamino could fill in for Salah should he miss out, but Divock Origi would be hopeful of beating them all to a place if only for his record against Everton.
The Belgian has scored five goals in just seven derby appearances, including a brace in the reverse; should he score two or more goals again this weekend then he would become the first Liverpool player since 1925-26 to net more than once in both league derbies within a season.
Everton are also missing some key men, with Yerry Mina, Theo Walcott, Cenk Tosun, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Fabian Delph all sidelined for the restart.
Andre Gomes is fit after shaking off a knock, while Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin will hope to pick up from where they left off in front of goal.
Richarlison and Michael Keane both netted in the Anfield reverse and so could become the first Everton players to score home and away against Liverpool in the same league season since Andrei Kanchelskis in 1995-96.
Everton possible starting lineup:
Pickford; Sidibe, Keane, Holgate, Digne; Bernard, Gomes, Dvies, Sigurdsson; Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison
Liverpool possible starting lineup:
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Origi, Firmino, Mane

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/title-race/preview/preview-everton-vs-liverpool-prediction-team-news-lineups_403097.html
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Lorazepam(f): 7:29pm On May 28, 2020
Nawa oo, sharp sharp, no chills at all cheesy cheesy
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2020
3 months out without football can cause some damage to the mind and body but u guys know what's at stake here.

We've worked hard for this so let's go out there and do this.

Believe in Jurgen

Believe in Liverpool

#Ynwa

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Lordjb: 9:31pm On May 30, 2020
Okay grin
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by luvola(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Derby day
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Fuckalldmods(f): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
YNWA!
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Dobson43: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
cry
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
I got lucky yesterday predicting and today too. Hahahaha Liverpool doesn't seem strong enough so I'll go with a 1-2 or 1-1

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Game never start but bad belle don dey enter

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by MaliMillion: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
If Liverpool lose I'll transfer 1k to 2 people from my GTB mobile wallet.

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Abfinest007(m): 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
Liverpool deliver d witch craft in Everton out today
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by StubbornGENIUS: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
PrecioussB:

Lol it's not. Trust me
Maybe you haven't watched everton play.Liverpool will win with handicap sef
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
MaliMillion:

Lol and if they draw?
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Mtcheew.This 1 Na Walkover

Lol it's not. Trust me
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by MaliMillion: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
PrecioussB:

Lol and if they draw?
Lol draw isn't lose grin
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by sammysneh(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
It's three points for Liverpool already, I trust them..
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
MaliMillion:

Lol draw isn't lose grin

Oga park well abeg grin
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by money121(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by StubbornGENIUS: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
Everton won't even score 1 goal sef
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by pikechukwu6(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
MaliMillion:
Bros am in
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by uniqueuser(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
YNWA

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Arturitoroman: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Ifabernard(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
C'mon u reds. this means more...lets crush the useless neighbour
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Lovexme(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
PrecioussB:
I got lucky yesterday predicting and today too. Hahahaha Liverpool doesn't seem strong enough so I'll go with a 1-2 or 1-1

Liverpool doesn't seem strong enough? How do you mean?
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by mindful01: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
This fucking copy and paste is disgusting, at least try to edit small

Liverpool fans check my signature

Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by MalakaiEd: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
The League is Won Already, Just a Matter Of Time.

Get Your Original Jerseys From Me
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Donniest22(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
MaliMillion:
I'm in abeg
Re: Everton Vs Liverpool ( 0 - 0) On 21st June 2020 by Lordjb: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okay, let's go there... See my signature below for link to stream the game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better / Malmo Vs Chelsea - UCL - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Liverpool Vs Atalanta: Europa League (0 - 3) On 11th April 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.