Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology (1133 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu Rides In A Wooden Car (Photos) / Buhari, Atiku At Ogbonnaya Onu’s Book Launch Today (Photos) / Ogbonnaya Onu's Views On The Appointment Of The SGF - Ajayi Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2015
The new set of the ministerial cabinet were announced today being Wednesday, November 11 2015. As the Ministerial Inauguration Ceremony was going on, my mind was on just who is gonna be the new Minister Of Science and Technology. Will it be the person that the cap best fits. If there is an office where Technocracy has to be properly defined and upheld, then it is in this ministry.

I heaved a sign of relief when Ogbonnaya Onu was announced as the new Minister of the office. Ogbonanya Onu born on 1 December 1951 into a Royal Family of Late Eze David Aba Onu of Uhuru Kingdom. He has a Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering (without passing through Masters degree). Mr. Ogbonanya is not just an astute politician who happens to be the first executive governor of Abia state from February 1992 to December 1993, he is a great Techie he emphazsized the use of technology as an important instrument for national development by starting the processes for the establishment of a Technology Village, as well introducing computers into selected public schools.

He is the author of many books, notably: “Technology and National Development”, ” Building a Modern Nigeria” and has also won many awards.

Having been somewhat closer to the immediate past Minister of Communication and Technology, Omobola Johnson, I have seen her impact in making a silicon Valley out of the Yaba Area of Lagos. It was under her tenure as the honorable minister that Demo Africa, was hosted two consecutive times, exposing some Nigerian Tech Startups to the limelight and giving them a platform to pitch to investors for mentorship and seed funding. I believe Ogbonnaya Onu will be able to fill in the gap created by Omobola Johnson. Hence go further to raise the value of doing business with technology in Nigeria. I know that Techprenurship will receive a boost under him, as he has earlier accomplished valuable tech projects prior to bring a Minister.
I wish the entire cabinet a successful tenure and God’s grace in restoring the dignity of the Giant of African. I pray that they will use their good offices to curb crimes and corruption in all it’s ramification.
http://starttells.com/2015/11/11/meet-ogbonnaya-onu-the-new-nigerias-minister-of-science-technology/

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2015
Hope you will relate your great tech knowledge to science and medical development so we wont have to send Nigerians abroad for treatments

Check my signature
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 12, 2015
favoured234:
Hope you will relate your great tech knowledge to science and medical development so we wont have to send Nigerians abroad for treatments

Check my signature

Go tell that to minister of health....
What's even your problem...
Or can't you read and understand? Smh

1 Like

Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Go tell that to minister of health....
What's even your problem...
Or can't you read and understand? Smh

In developed countries most of the health care developments are not done by medical doctors..
Its actually in collaboration with the technology environment of which a greater percentage is given to technology than health..
There is very little ministry of health can do without technology....
Do u understand

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by annexworld(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Welcome on board sir. Do the needful.
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2015
favoured234:

In developed countries most of the health care developments are not done by medical doctors..
Its actually in collaboration with the technology environment of which a greater percentage is given to technology than health..
There is very little ministry of health can do without technology....
Do u understand

I understand, but my point is that he can't do it without the minister of health. Besides Nigeria is not a developed country.
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2015
favoured234:

Check my signature

I didn't see you make any comment to that effect to Fashola. Typical Yorubas...
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

I understand, but my point is that he can't do it without the minister of health. Besides Nigeria is not a developed country.

Definitely, that's why I used the word "relate"
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

I didn't see you make any comment to that effect to Fashola. Typical Yorubas...
Gerrrat ...
Ogbonnaya is my Igbo brother, that's why I expect more from him

1 Like

Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2015
favoured234:

Definitely, that's why I used the word "relate"

I stand to disagree, it should have been the other way round...
The minister of health should relate not vice var sar.

It makes it look like you wanna hijack the whole thing towards medical development.

Which is not the priority as there are scientists and engineers who also needs his attention in their own fields and development. And this is the major reason why he is holding that portfolio.
Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by bonechamberlain(m): 7:58am On Nov 12, 2015
this is the only man igbos can vote as president, very disciplined, intelligent and uncompromising. followed by ngige, for rochas he is just a criminal, very corrupt and lacks wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ogbonnaya Onu The New Minister Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

I stand to disagree, it should have been the other way round...
The minister of health should relate not vice var sar.

It makes it look like you wanna hijack the whole thing towards medical development.

Which is not the priority as there are scientists and engineers who also needs his attention in their own fields and development. And this is the major reason why he is holding that portfolio.
This man... I am saying its Six, you are saying its half a dozen..
@ the bolded.... Na where they pain person e dey put near fire

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Love Letter / Photo: Ford Nigeria Unveils The First Ford Rover Car Manufactured In Their Assem / Linda Ikeji Lied, No Single Igbo Trader Got Shot - NPF Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.