Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

I See No Wisdom In The South South - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I See No Wisdom In The South South (7596 Views)

Buhari Has Seen The Wisdom In Continuing With What I Started- Jonathan / Yoruba Are Intelligent But Has No Wisdom- Fami Kayode / Financial Crisis In Zimbabwe: The Beginning Of Wisdom In Nigeria - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Ballmer: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2015
EternalTruths:

I mean to say yorubas like you should not be given excuse to instigate division amongst the free borns. cool

The OSU free born you mean to say ?

Have you read about Yoruba history with slaves rising to become kings ? It abound on the net. Do a Google search. My tribe does not celebrate foolishness as a 21 century norm. Where will you push the Igbo OSU after you have gotten Biafra or do you think Lagos will be housing your outcasts ? How many OSU outcast will Biafra be chumming out yearly. I did not read about that in the about three pages of garbage you n your likes have been dishing out.
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 6:54am On Nov 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
I pity any sane person who will believe that the South South will get better deal outside Nigeria as this people will take 95% from them & give them 5%; let the truth be told, we all know the region where the Oliver twist ones comes from & how they sweet talked & helped destroy Jonathan 6 years in government is still fresh in everyones mind.

I don't have anything against them but since they keep coming after we the Yorubas we will also keep going for their throats because they should learn to fight their war on their own without dragging us into it.

. Isn't it funny that you are a Yoruba, yet like all you other Yoruba people, you can't seem to keep off Igbo matter, you are always trembling at the mention of Biafra, and you start hyperventilating looking for means to put a stop to Biafra. Go to your Yoruba thread, the one about Yoruba commonwealth, you say all bad things about Biafrand there, yet we don't even care nor comment there, because naturally, a Biafran don't care about the existence of Odua people, we don't care what you lots say or do to each other, your existence is of no importance to us and our purpose

As per Niger Delta, I am one of them & I still came across my Niger Delta ID card from the old times ( higher institution days ); Igbos should know that hate don't give struggles any bite but it rather take out the arrow head of the struggle due to the fact that hate will make you have more people to contend with; ask Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Rwandan Hutus and recent world enemy called ISIS because their hatred for others have destroyed them.

Now you have changed from being a Yoruba to a Niger deltan.

What is it with you Yorubas and dishonesty, deceit and treachery? Why does SE and SS union give you nightmares, so much that you go around to either claim to be from SS and spew anti Igbo comments or just claim to be from an anonymous ethnic group just yo put a wedge between SE and SS.

Are you people cursed?

4 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Ballmer: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2015
warrior01:

Remembered that when Tinubu called Gej a drunken fisherman. So horrible
Did you remember when Tunde led the protest to have Jonathan installed as the president ?

That the entire Igbo population were too timid to say a word. What disgrace to the tribe of chest beater mofos and here you are labelling yourself a warrior smh4 your unborn generation. What is the essence of your chest best when the you can not lead a fight for your own ? The Yoruba you antagonise at the end of the day are the ones that stood up to be counted while you hid underneath your mothers bed
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2015
I can already hear my fellow Igbos puting the blame of Eyo ita saga on Zik. We must desist from doing such as that was never the truth. And worst still, when you put the Eyo ita saga blame on Zik, you see just Zik as an Igbo, but in the perception of an Efik man, Zik is Igbo and Igbo is Zik.
Eyo ita fall will now be twisted by them to represent proof of Igbo oppression and domination of Eastern non Igbo groups, even when no such thing existed.

So when you put Eyo ita fall from Grace on Zik, you have unconsciously put his fall on Ndiigbo.
Perception is everything.

In as much as we want to rebuild our bond with the Eastern non Igbo groups, such bond must not be build on lies that are detrimental to the Igbo nation just to please or soothe the sensibilities of people.

I will repost posts of mine on this Eyo ita saga here.
When I am through, I want all Igbos and non Igbo Easterners here to be the judge.

The problem of our fore runners was that they never cared about non Igbos perception of Ndiigbo, they naively believed that once they keep their hands clean , work hard and work in the spirit of equity and justice, that it would be enough.

Our enemies in the Lagos-Ibadan press capitalized on that weakness and twisted the perception of the entire Nigeria against us.
I have read about the highly Igbophobic "Yoruba ronu" speech of Akintola, the Igbophobic Saraduna speeches and the the toxic and victimizing article by the Oba of Bini, Oba Akenzua the second, on Ndiigbo, but not once did I read strong and violent rebuttal from the Igbo elites of those era against those lies.

They made no effort to debunk those lies and multiple others coming from different angles in the then tribally charged Nigeria, they simply ignored them all, and those lies were repeated often and on unchallenged, until they began to form people perception of Ndiigbo.

That was a grave mistake, that this generation of Ndiigbo must not repeat.

We must not allowour bitter enemies form people perception about us, we must debunk all their lies and evil propaganda and expose them for demons they are.

Perception is everything in the human world.

Dalu kwanu.

3 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2015
Now to the matter of Zik-Eyo Ita face-
off:On the eve of the 1951 elections in
which Azikiwe contested for a seat in the
Western House of Assembly from his
Lagos base, Zik declared that he was not
going to accept a ministerial post in “an
inferior legislature of the colonial type”.
In other words, he was not prepared to
serve as minister (premier or prime-
minister) at regional or national level in
the then premature Nigerian political
system. His object, he said, was to
achieve an NCNC majority in the regional
and central legislatures that would act to
“paralyse the machinery of government”
and lead to a reformation of the
Constitution.The Macpherson Constitution
had provided for “semi-responsible
government” at the centre and in the
regions.
The official phrase was “responsible
government within defined limits”. Zik did
not accept this. He wanted total
independence. This was what informed
his declaration above. It was a grand
tactics for national independence that the
Action Group later imbibed.
After the upheavals in the Western House
of Assembly,Zik began to rally his
partymen to the achievement of the
above-stated objectives. This took some
time. Eventually, however, the NCNC
resolved and called its central ministers
to resign in order to actualise the above
independence strategy.
But these ministers were now enjoying
their new stations in life, the perquisites
of ministerial office. Some of them did
not, therefore, want to give up the
positions. In so doing, they were
undoubtedly sabotaging and delaying the
independence struggle that had already
got them to where they were.
Three NCNC central (national) ministers
were the first culprits and were summarily
dismissed from the party. They were
A.C.Nwapa (Igbo), EniNjoku (Igbo) and
Okoi Arikpo(Ogoja).
ONLY DrEndeley (Cameroun) was
supportive of the tactics.Eyo Ita, the Head
of Government Business in Eastern
Nigeria and some of his ministers picked
against the policy and were flabbergasted
when the central ministers were
dismissed by the party. Of course, when
the party asked them to resign, they
equally rebelled against the party and
refused to comply. They became known
as ‘sit-tight ministers’.
Amongst them wereEyoIta (Ibibio),E.I.Oli
(Igbo), S.J.Una (Ogoja), R.I.Uzoma (Igbo),
S.W.Ubani-Ukoma (Igbo) and
S.J.Koripoma (Ijaw). Those who complied
with party directive and resigned were
Dr.M.I.Okpara (Igbo), M.C.Awgu (Igbo)
and S.T.Muna (Bamenda, Cameroun).

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2015
A simple look at those who backed Eyo Ita against Zik will show the non tribal nature of the East. Eyo ita was backed by E.I Oli( an Igbo) S.j una( ogoja), R.I uzoma( Igbo) S.W Ubani-Ukoma( Igbo) and S.J Koripoma( Ijaw).

To suggest that Eyo ita loss was tribally motivated and not ideologically motivated, when we can clearly see that the majority of Eyo ita accomplices were Igbo, amounts to dishonesty and historical revisionism.

The East was united by shared ideology not ethnicity like in the West where the minorities including the Oba of Bini were treated like dogs.

4 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2015
[b]
With the above ‘sit-tight’ attitude of some of the ministers, it behoved the legislature to orchestrate the requisite action to paralyse government business, which was practically in the hands of the British Lt. Governor. In the Eastern House of Assembly, the NCNC majority subsequently succeeded in paralysing the constitutional system by voting to defeat or defer every bill before the House. As a last resort, the Lt. Governor was obliged to use his reserve power of legislation, the ultimate proof of colonial rule and subjugation in a politically advanced dependency, to pass the Regional Appropriation Bill into law. On adjournment day, the expelled ministers (Central and Regional) joined with a few other legislators and supporters who had resigned from the NCNC to form a new party, the National Independence Party, with EyoIta as president. Some 10 weeks later, the Eastern parliamentary crisis was resolved by dissolution of the Eastern House of Assembly following the enactment of an amendment to the Constitution permitting the dissolution of the legislature of a single region. During this period, according to Sklar, the strain on the Constitution was not confined to the Eastern Region, as events of a less dramatic but nonetheless fateful character transpired in the West. Action Group’s hostility to the Constitution was scarcely less than that of the NCNC. Ultimately, the Macpherson Constitution proved unworkable and collapsed as Zik had planned after 15 months of its operation and was replaced with a new Constitution (the Lyttleton Constitution of 1954) that granted residual powers to the regions and provided that apart from the Regional Governor, colonial officials of the administration would be excluded from the Executive Council of the Eastern and Western Regions, amongst other favourable provisions.

Meanwhile, with the collapse of EyoIta’s
government in May 1953, a new election
was conducted to elect new members to
the Eastern House of Assembly. Azikiwe
was elected from Onitsha; NCNC
dominated the House and its leader,
Azikiwe, assumed the office of premier or
head of government.
Eyo Ita as leader of the minor party in the
House became leader of Opposition.For
details of these historical facts, see
Richard L. Sklar, Nigerian Political Parties
(1963), pages 115 – 140. Amplifications
of particular points can also be gleaned
from James S. Coleman, Nigeria:
Background to Nationalism (1958).
Given the above prognosis, would it be
wise and correct for anybody to claim
thatZik or the Igbo conspired to oust Eyo
Ita from power? Or that the constitutional
crisis that terminated EyoIta’s government
was tribally motivated? But this is the
verdict or notion that has been
transmitted from generation to generation
in the South-South.
Finally, let me recap that in October 1959,
Professor EyoIta, Head of Government
Business and Minister of Natural
Resources of Eastern Nigeria from 1952 to
May 1953, resigned his leadership and membership of united national independent party ( UNIP) and rejoined NCNC[/b]

So, Eyo Ita fell from Grace to grass, and despite the fact that he enjoyed Igbo support, Eyo ita will descend low to the old tested and trusted " Igbo want to dominate us" mantra, he became the New poster boy for the COR movement, but when that wasn't yielding dividends, because while he was preaching "Igbophobia", NCNC still had henchmen like Mbu from COR area, showing the people the truth.

Eyo ita, will later rejoin NCNC in October 1959. In a typical if you can't beat them, you join them, Nigerian politicians style.

3 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 8:14am On Nov 13, 2015
He had formed the National Independence
Party which later merged with Alvan
Ikoku’s United National Party to become
UNIP. EyoIta proclaimed that he was re-
joining the NCNC in accordance with the
dictates of his conscience and in
obedience to the chiefs and members of
his Calabar constituency. These events
indicate that the problem between Azikiwe
and his compeer, EyoIta, was somehow
resolved in their lifetime.
Or that Eyo Ita personally resolved that
what happened in 1953 did not warrant
his taking steps that tore the party and
the people apart. Hence, he talked about
the “dictates of his conscience” as he
returned to the NCNC. So what is the
basis for Aladinma’s actions or utterances
in this matter?

And oh! Look, even when Eyo Ita became the poster boy of the agitation for COR, he had the support of men like Alvan Ikoku, but that doesn't matter right?

And ehm... Pa Eyo Ita returned to NCNC with a guilty conscience, he of course knew he had been lying against Ndiigbo too.

And look, the Calabar chiefs and his people were part of the reason he confessed that made him return to the NCNC fold.

Don't forget that while Oba of Bini was relegated to a second class traditional ruler in the Western house, the Obong of Calabar was elevated above Igbo kings like Eze Aro, Eze Nri, Obi of Onitsha, Obi of Obosi, etc Obong was the leader of the Eastern house of chiefs, now how about that? The Igbo belief in equity and justice had no rival, even Eyo ita knew that.

3 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Abagworo:
Biko Umuigbo hapu nde South-South ka ha nulu miri toba iko.

A bag of work, ogini kwa Have u also turned igbo

Abeg hold ur self sha
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 13, 2015
Abagworo:
Obiagu1 the truth is that only Igbos refuse to appreciate the fact that the way Nigeria is structured and with interest of world powers put into consideration the North determines our political fate.

That is what South South and Southwest know that makes them align with North. Ojukwu realised it before his death and was working towards that.

SS has NOTHING to do with d north n they never will.
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
I pity any sane person who will believe that the South South will get better deal outside Nigeria as this people will take 95% from them & give them 5%; let the truth be told, we all know the region where the Oliver twist ones comes from & how they sweet talked & helped destroy Jonathan 6 years in government is still fresh in everyones mind.

I don't have anything against them but since they keep coming after we the Yorubas we will also keep going for their throats because they should learn to fight their war on their own without dragging us into it.

As per Niger Delta, I am one of them & I still came across my Niger Delta ID card from the old times ( higher institution days ); Igbos should know that hate don't give struggles any bite but it rather take out the arrow head of the struggle due to the fact that hate will make you have more people to contend with; ask Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Rwandan Hutus and recent world enemy called ISIS because their hatred for others have destroyed them.

PappyMason:
...The Olu of Warri's stool has it's origins no different than the eze ndigbos in your Southwest land.

There is an Ovie of Warri as well.

Just because Awo made the Olu of Itsekiri the paramount stool in warri does not make warri exclusively ITSEKIRI

And for your info, the Itsekiris are more closely related to the Urhobos and Binis than you treacherous yoruba cowards

They have since learnt their lesson to coexist in peace with the Urhobos and Ijaws so if you bastards think that you can get a foothold into Delta through warri then you are dreaming.

I suggest you go reclaim Ilorin from the Awusa Fulanis as the Ilorin people share the same genealogy and ancestry with the same snake yrouba father than any Itsekiri

thief
WombRaiders:
Yoruba wants one Nijeriya because they are afraid of having us in the better south ( ND and SE) Leave them alone with ab0ki.

It is not just a matter of financial exigency but a matter of survival.

For all the hatred they show towards the Ibos, the Yoruba needs the Ibo to thwart any jihad from the north.

So to my Ibo brothers and sisters, what I can conclude from this yoruba madness and obsession towards Biafra movement is actually shrouded in deep fear of being left alone with their northern masters.

Adeboye will be converted to Islam. Tunde Bakare will return back to Islam.

The Yoruba is actually throwing tantrums over Biafra because [b]they need YOU IBOS to remain to protect them just as they need us in the ND to keep feeding them.
[/b]
The Yoruba is an ingrate coward!
WombRaiders:
Seed of defiance.

You can not undo God's wrath. For to long you bastards have lived off the blood of the innocent. You sat back and watched the killing of innocent christians in the hands of your bokos and used it for political gain.

Now, GOD will reward you bastards with His vengence.

Nemesis is coming and by this time next year a Christian Republic will rise from the Bight of Biafra.
WombRaiders:
You can keep labelling me an ibo and making every excuse for your inconsequential existence on ibos but the truth remains that the ND and SE will not subsidize you no more.

KEEP BELIEVING IN THE FACADE CALLED ONE NIJIRIYA

SLAVE
https://www.nairaland.com/2730005/last-least-yoruba-punk-assess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Rotimi47: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:

Now you have changed from being a Yoruba to a Niger deltan.

What is it with you Yorubas and dishonesty, deceit and treachery? Why does SE and SS union give you nightmares, so much that you go around to either claim to be from SS and spew anti Igbo comments or just claim to be from an anonymous ethnic group just yo put a wedge between SE and SS.

Are you people cursed?
Are you're people cursed from above? I am first a Nigerian who is from a tribe called Yoruba and my part of Yoruba is situated in the Niger Delta, further more; I am also related to the Edos, my case is very different from what you are thinking upstairs as I am a true Nigerian.

I don't have to explain myself more as many of you will never understand.

I cannot be brainwashed by anyone unlike many because I have lived all over Nigeria at one time or the other and as such I know what is really going on not like people who hardly ever live outside their state/region.

Your union/alliance with any tribe you wish to form alliance with mean nothing to me but the way you people twist facts and then bring Yoruba into it is what I have issues with; try & do your fighting without bringing we the Yorubas into it and you will definitely be better off doing so but if not you will continue to be on the long thing.

Finally, let me also say that I am well travelled if you understand what I mean by this particular statement.
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by pazienza(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
Are you're people cursed from above? I am first a Nigerian who is from a tribe called Yoruba and my part of Yoruba is situated in the Niger Delta, further more; I am also related to the Edos, my case is very different from what you are thinking upstairs as I am a true Nigerian.

I don't have to explain myself more as many of you will never understand.

I cannot be brainwashed by anyone unlike many because I have lived all over Nigeria at one time or the other and as such I know what is really going on not like people who hardly ever live outside their state/region.

Your union/alliance with any tribe you wish to form alliance with mean nothing to me but the way you people twist facts and then bring Yoruba into it is what I have issues with; try & do your fighting without bringing we the Yorubas into it and you will definitely be better off doing so but if not you will continue to be on the long thing.

Finally, let me also say that I am well travelled if you understand what I mean by this particular statement.

No part of Yoruba is situated in SS, if you mean Niger delta, then even Imo and Abia are there together with ondo.

If you Yorubas stay off Biafra issues, we will leave you lots alone, but you obviously can't, so it's our duty to expose and debunk your lies, and even demonize you, if need be.

3 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Duru1(m): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2015
Obiagu1:
People get wiser as they grow old.
If there's any growth intellectually in the SS, they should have learnt one thing or another from Nigeria and dangers the future portends.

You have asked for resource control for over how many years now, asking from people that should not, in the first place, be in control of your destiny and your resources.

Unfortunately, there seem to be no wisdom in the SS.
How many of them know how long Nigerian oil are meant to last? If they do, they will know they don't have time. It's either they make full use of their resources now or suffer down the line.

You are asking for 30% from an Hausa man when you can get 100% from Biafra.
There's no wisdom, there is none.

I have no pity whatsoever for those scallywags that parade themselves as south-south and remains the main reason I strongly insist on the Republic of Igbo land. I guess not every domesticated jackass is worthy of being a compatriot. There are those who will remain a fool forever, period.

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2015
coolscott:

[size=18pt] . . . the rest of Nigeria has concluded Igbos have no sense[/size]

. . . pretty much the same mindset of those group of slaves who wondered why others were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to be rid of their chains.

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Rotimi47: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:

No part of Yoruba is situated in SS, if you mean Niger delta, then even Imo and Abia are there together with ondo.

If you Yorubas stay off Biafra issues, we will leave you lots alone, but you obviously can't, so it's our duty to expose and debunk your lies, and even demonize you, if need be.
You like twisting facts about the Niger Delta? You should keep shut if you don't know anything about Niger Delta as you people are known for twisting facts! How will you tell someone who is from a place that he is not from that area? You can't determine where am from because its Gods programmed & geography took its course and this you can't change even if you wish for a trillion years.

About Biafra issue; the Igbos are the ones who believe that the Yorubas are the one holding them back and as such you keep dragging Yorubas into all your arguments while claiming you're capable of going all the way on your own.

As per demonizing; laughing in Swahili grin you will not only be demonized but we will put you in the same league as SATAN, except you take our names off your lips.

Finally, do note that if you people keep coming at us, we will keep getting at you and i believe you don't need rocket science to know/understand this. IT'S SIMPLE AS ABC.
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
Obiagu1:
People get wiser as they grow old.
If there's any growth intellectually in the SS, they should have learnt one thing or another from Nigeria and dangers the future portends.

You have asked for resource control for over how many years now, asking from people that should not, in the first place, be in control of your destiny and your resources.

Unfortunately, there seem to be no wisdom in the SS.
How many of them know how long Nigerian oil are meant to last? If they do, they will know they don't have time. It's either they make full use of their resources now or suffer down the line.

You are asking for 30% from an Hausa man when you can get 100% from Biafra.
There's no wisdom, there is none.

What pointer do you have that Biafra will guarantee 100% resource control for Niger delta? your propagandist Nnamdi Kanu has never mentioned "Niger delta oil" but "Biafran oil" don't you get? does Nnamdi Kanu's village produce oil? does his father suffer the environmental pollution associated with oil exploration?
If Biafra guarantees 100% resource control for the SS, what will the SE feed on? No ports for importation means no IGR dont you get?
100% resource control for Niger delta in Biafra is practically impossible.
No doubt SS deserve a larger share but Hey!! we are not dumb to believe Biafra is the answer, try again bros!!

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Duru1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
jpphilips:

What pointer do you have that Biafra will guarantee 100% resource control for Niger delta? your propagandist Nnamdi Kanu has never mentioned "Niger delta oil" but "Biafran oil" don't you get? does Nnamdi Kanu's village produce oil? does his father suffer the environmental pollution associated with oil exploration?
If Biafra guarantees 100% resource control for the SS, what will the SE feed on? No ports for importation means no IGR dont you get?
No doubt SS deserve a larger share but Hey!! we are not dumb to believe Biafra is the answer, try again bros!!

It is pity most Nigerians are starkly ill-educated. Besides tribalism, the next inhibiting factor in Nigeria is dishonesty. There is no doubt you are not from SE hence the idiotic question about what they should eat. I guess you are the basement ninny feeding the SE today. Besides the idiotic SS crap, may I ask your ethnicity that you are so ashamed? By the way, one of the best economies in Africa is situated in a landlocked country with no single drop of crude oil.

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:
Now to the matter of Zik-Eyo Ita face-
off:On the eve of the 1951 elections in
which Azikiwe contested for a seat in the
Western House of Assembly from his
Lagos base, Zik declared that he was not
going to accept a ministerial post in “an
inferior legislature of the colonial type”.
In other words, he was not prepared to
serve as minister (premier or prime-
minister) at regional or national level in
the then premature Nigerian political
system. His object, he said, was to
achieve an NCNC majority in the regional
and central legislatures that would act to
“paralyse the machinery of government”
and lead to a reformation of the
Constitution.The Macpherson Constitution
had provided for “semi-responsible
government” at the centre and in the
regions.
The official phrase was “responsible
government within defined limits”. Zik did
not accept this. He wanted total
independence. This was what informed
his declaration above. It was a grand
tactics for national independence that the
Action Group later imbibed.
After the upheavals in the Western House
of Assembly,Zik began to rally his
partymen to the achievement of the
above-stated objectives. This took some
time. Eventually, however, the NCNC
resolved and called its central ministers
to resign in order to actualise the above
independence strategy.
But these ministers were now enjoying
their new stations in life, the perquisites
of ministerial office. Some of them did
not, therefore, want to give up the
positions. In so doing, they were
undoubtedly sabotaging and delaying the
independence struggle that had already
got them to where they were.
Three NCNC central (national) ministers
were the first culprits and were summarily
dismissed from the party. They were
A.C.Nwapa (Igbo), EniNjoku (Igbo) and
Okoi Arikpo(Ogoja).
ONLY DrEndeley (Cameroun) was
supportive of the tactics.Eyo Ita, the Head
of Government Business in Eastern
Nigeria and some of his ministers picked
against the policy and were flabbergasted
when the central ministers were
dismissed by the party. Of course, when
the party asked them to resign, they
equally rebelled against the party and
refused to comply. They became known
as ‘sit-tight ministers’.
Amongst them wereEyoIta (Ibibio),E.I.Oli
(Igbo), S.J.Una (Ogoja), R.I.Uzoma (Igbo),
S.W.Ubani-Ukoma (Igbo) and
S.J.Koripoma (Ijaw). Those who complied
with party directive and resigned were
Dr.M.I.Okpara (Igbo), M.C.Awgu (Igbo)
and S.T.Muna (Bamenda, Cameroun).

I am familiar with this story, the book "Politics of regional Nigeria" highlighted most of your points, it's been long I read it during my school days so i rather not misplace my facts.
I want you to appreciate how the Igbos dominated the Eastern regional government, I wish I could compile the various offices available in the Eastern region and place it in tandem with composite tribes, the truth is that a Biafran alliance will marginalise the SS because Igbos will definitely dominate the polity, SS leadership should be doing real strategizing with this Biafran proposal

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
Duru1:

It is pity most Nigerians are starkly ill-educated. Besides tribalism, the next inhibiting factor in Nigeria is dishonesty. There is no doubt you are not from SE hence the idiotic question about what they should eat. I guess you are the basement ninny feeding the SE today. Besides the idiotic SS crap, may I ask your ethnicity that you are so ashamed? By the way, one of the best economies in Africa is situated in a landlocked country with no single drop of crude oil.

When next you desire to feature on my mention, first you need to do a little research before you respond to my posts, because I do a bit of mental juggling before replying people, where you don't, you put me on a mental disadvantage.
I hate being cheated!!

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Duru1:

I have no pity whatsoever for those scallywags that parade themselves as south-south and remains the main reason I strongly insist on the Republic of Igbo land. I guess not every domesticated jackass is worthy of being a compatriot. There are those who will remain a fool forever, period.

You just got your wisdom from Nnamdi Kalu's propaganda I suppose?

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by coolscott(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

. . . pretty much the same mindset of those group of slaves who wondered why others were willing to sacrifice their lives in order to be rid of their chains.
[size=13pt]A ha! You are wrong there because the white man knew blacks were smart and could learn. For fear of the possibility of growth for the black man caused the white man to try to keep black slaves down. Made it even illegal for them to read books.

In your case, even the concept of Igbo persecution does not transcend the realm of mere persecution complex. The one found among Arab Palestinians.[/size]
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Obiagu1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
wirinet:

Nigerdeltan are very intellectual if not more intellectual than the south east. The main difference between south south intellectuals and south east is what while the south east allowed their emotions to becloud their intellect, the south south always have their heads on their shoulders.

No resource community in the whole world has 100% resource control, and in fact no country (except you are a super power nation) can control its mineral resources 100%. Even in the US where ownership of oil resources resides in the owners of the land, strict government regulations and heavy taxes are used by government to gain partial control of the resources resides. So your 100% resource control jargon remains in the realm of fantasy.

The Nigerdelta struggle is not to appropriate 100% of the oil resources to itself ( that itself is an invitation for war - both locally, nationally and internationally. ) What happens to communities, local governments and states without oil?
What we want is land control. The greatest injustice to the Nigerdeltans is the land use act, which takes away ownership of our lands and gives it to federal government ( someone in Abuja to distribute as he or she wishes). We want our lands back.
On revenue sharing, we would like to revert to the 50/50 formula as was obtained before the discovery of oil. We do not mind increasing it gradually over a period of like say 10 years, to allow other regions and states enough time to develop their own resources.

On a side note, one thing illiterate Biafrans are unaware of is that even if Biafra is attained and it miraculously include the oil rich Nigerdelta, the quantity of oil available would be greatly reduced. Our exclusive maritime economic zone would be greatly reduced because of the very small land mass of the fabled Biafra. Cameroon and France would benefit greatly from the reduced maritime boundary. This is one of the reasons the northern claim that a sizeable portion of our crude oil revenue is from our expanded exclusive maritime economic zone due to the huge size of the north. This was why the north asked Obasanjo to remove offshore oil from the 13% derivation, but thankfully obasanjo refused.

You basically answered yourself.

Paying tax does not mean you don't control a company 100%.
Land owners with oil resources control them 100% and pay tax just like a grocery store in the town.

Talking about being intellectually sound. Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Obiagu1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
staymore:

In other words you are saying the agitated for Biafra is because of the SS oil.

We are saying that agitation for Biafra is to take what you are stealing from the SS and give it back to them.
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Obiagu1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Yes it is Biafran oil because it belongs to Biafra.
Yes every province will control their resources 100%. Nobody needs your oil, keep it to yourself because every province has it's own oil.

In 45 years time, you'll be on your knees begging Igbo Province for financial support.

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by mentorandfriend(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
That's why I always see them as buffoons, except for the some of them who now reason like the Igbos. SSners always think they are wise whilst they are not in the real sense.
I pity any reasonable South south person who will want to align with hateful, vengeful, bitter people like you guys.

See the way he describes the people he wants to join them in Biafran struggle.

Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I pity any reasonable South south person who will want to align with hateful, vengeful, bitter people like you guys.

See the way he describes the people he wants to join them in Biafran struggle.

Tufiakwa!!!
TRASH!!!
I only want them to sit up and face reality that's all. So, I don't know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
You like twisting facts about the Niger Delta? You should keep shut if you don't know anything about Niger Delta as you people are known for twisting facts! How will you tell someone who is from a place that he is not from that area? You can't determine where am from because its Gods programmed & geography took its course and this you can't change even if you wish for a trillion years.

About Biafra issue; the Igbos are the ones who believe that the Yorubas are the one holding them back and as such you keep dragging Yorubas into all your arguments while claiming you're capable of going all the way on your own.

As per demonizing; laughing in Swahili grin you will not only be demonized but we will put you in the same league as SATAN, except you take our names off your lips.

Finally, do note that if you people keep coming at us, we will keep getting at you and i believe you don't need rocket science to know/understand this. IT'S SIMPLE AS ABC.

WombRaiders:
Yoruba wants one Nijeriya because they are afraid of having us in the better south ( ND and SE) Leave them alone with ab0ki.

It is not just a matter of financial exigency but a matter of survival.

For all the hatred they show towards the Ibos, the Yoruba needs the Ibo to thwart any jihad from the north.

So to my Ibo brothers and sisters, what I can conclude from this yoruba madness and obsession towards Biafra movement is actually shrouded in deep fear of being left alone with their northern masters.

Adeboye will be converted to Islam. Tunde Bakare will return back to Islam.

The Yoruba is actually throwing tantrums over Biafra because [b]they need YOU IBOS to remain to protect them just as they need us in the ND to keep feeding them.
[/b]
The Yoruba is an ingrate coward!
WombRaiders:
Seed of defiance.

You can not undo God's wrath. For to long you bastards have lived off the blood of the innocent. You sat back and watched the killing of innocent christians in the hands of your bokos and used it for political gain.

Now, GOD will reward you bastards with His vengence.

Nemesis is coming and by this time next year a Christian Republic will rise from the Bight of Biafra.
WombRaiders:
You can keep labelling me an ibo and making every excuse for your inconsequential existence on ibos but the truth remains that the ND and SE will not subsidize you no more.

KEEP BELIEVING IN THE FACADE CALLED ONE NIJIRIYA

SLAVE

https://www.nairaland.com/2730005/last-least-yoruba-punk-assess
Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obiagu1:

Yes it is Biafran oil because it belongs to Biafra.
Yes every province will control their resources 100%. Nobody needs your oil, keep it to yourself because every province has it's own oil.

In 45 years time, you'll be on your knees begging Igbo Province for financial support.

45yrs? why not 5yrs?

1 Like

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by Obiagu1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
jpphilips:

45yrs? why not 5yrs?

That's when the oil will be depleted and everyone comes back to a level ground.

2 Likes

Re: I See No Wisdom In The South South by jpphilips(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

That's when the oil will be depleted and everyone comes back to a level ground.

Can you show me a credible evidence that support your claim?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Metuh Accuses FG Of Threatening Doctors Over His Medical Report / New Police Salary Structure / The Necessary Reform VIS Needs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.