Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! (2250 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall / Fire Outbreak At Murtala Muhammed International Airport MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Teeboy22(m): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Please kindly
share your experience here
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by chukxie(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2015
You should share yours and other people will follow.
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by loomer: 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Make I dey read comments
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Fireson: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
They beg too much angry
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Teeboy22(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2015
cool
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Teeboy22(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by diportivo: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
NDLEA GUY:whr r u travelling to?
ME:cyprus

N:is it ut first time?
M:yes it is

N:as a first timer you are supposed to av ndlea card..it is obtainable at our head office in abuja
M:*looking puzzled*...u say?

N:without the ndlea card i cant allow u travel..u need to provide it
M:*thinking how he even stopped me out of everybody dat was goin to d boarding gate sef* oga,i dont av it.and i didnt know i needed ndlea card.im even wondering what the function wil be.pls,search my bag well and see if there are stuffs there

N:*calls his colleague and they both spoke in hausa for like 3 mins*...what tribe are you from?what state?
M:oyo..im yoruba

N:how much do you av to bail urself
M:*relieved cos i now knew they wanna play ball*.bros,i no hold cash oh.na atm i dey go use wen i enta cyprus

N:dont wori,u can go
M:*kept on swearing at him till i got to the gate

3 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 2:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Mine was travelling from U.K to Lagos, without my Nigerian passport as a dual citizen, I only discovered when I checked my hand luggage upon touch down at MMIA that the Nigerian passport is not there, I had only my Australian passport, OMG I started sweating, even with my good and fluent Yoruba, and place of birth stated on my Australian passport the immigration were bent on deporting me to Australia. I begged and begged, brought out my laptop and showed them scanned copies of my Nigerian passport, omo dem no gree ooo, until I showed them money...
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by cozybunch: 3:21am On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:
Mine was travelling from U.K to Lagos, without my Nigerian passport as a dual citizen, I only discovered when I checked my hand luggage upon touch down at MMIA that the Nigerian passport is not there, I had only my Australian passport, OMG I started sweating, even with my good and fluent Yoruba, and place of birth stated on my Australian passport the immigration were bent on deporting me to Australia. I begged and begged, brought out my laptop and showed them scanned copies of my Nigerian passport, omo dem no gree ooo, until I showed them money...

My friend this your story is not adding up or you just want to state that you have Aussie passport? How can BA board you from U.K without nigerian visa on a foreign passport. My friend don't write things here as if you are writing to kids or novice

Good Luck

8 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 5:08am On Nov 24, 2015
cozybunch:

My friend this your story is not adding up or you just want to state that you have Aussie passport? How can BA board you from U.K without nigerian visa on a foreign passport. My friend don't write things here as if you are writing to kids or novice

Good Luck

That is your own you are talking, I have shared my experience, I am not here for trash, if it is not adding up, go and sleep. Mind you, with an Aus Passport, u virtually need no visa to almost 95% of the world. That is my experience, I am not asking you to believe, but u am asking you not to quote me again

1 Like

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 5:09am On Nov 24, 2015
cozybunch:

Good Luck

Secondly not only BA flies from the UK, so man airlines fly, I did not fly BA
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:14am On Nov 24, 2015
cozybunch:

Good Luck
Gbam.
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by cozybunch: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:

That is your own you are talking, I have shared my experience, I am not here for trash, if it is not adding up, go and sleep. Mind you, with an Aus Passport, u virtually need no visa to almost 95% of the world. That is my experience, I am not asking you to believe, but u am asking you not to quote me again

My friend, if you took off from Australia and lay over in u.k them you used BA.

If you leave in u.k with Aussie passport, and flew straight to Nigeria, them you used BA, British Virgin or Arik that is if Arik operates in U.K. And if you transits wherever with the country's airline, which doesn't really matter, you still need a visa to nigeria with Aussie passport. No airline, I repeat no airline will ever, ever carry you to a country of final destination without a visa or the passport holder is visa free to the destination.

No need calling names here, am way too old to call names with you. I hold a dual citizenship status, and have sojourn most of my adult life in the west. Please do not write things or comments just to add up. This forum is created for people who needs help or have concerns and also people to share their experiences wherever they traveled to which by the way is educational.

And it is not true that Aussie passport is 95% visa free in the world. There are almost 200 countries in the world, u.k, u.s, Germany and iceland is visa free 176. Them you have the Scandinavian countries before Aussie passport, canadain and the rest of EU. You also have Japan and South korea.When you make statements, come from the fact points not to make up.

If I tell you how old I am or have leaved in west, you wouldn't have to call names.

Good Luck

5 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2015
young man i flew Qantas from Australia, stayed in London for a couple of weeks and flew virgin to lagos, stop displaying your illitracy here, BA is not the only carrier from Austrailia
cozybunch:

My friend, if you took off from Australia and lay over in u.k them you used BA.

If you leave in u.k with Aussie passport, and flew straight to Nigeria, them you used BA, British Virgin or Arik that is if Arik operates in U.K. And if you transits wherever with the country's airline, which doesn't really matter, you still need a visa to nigeria with Aussie passport. No airline, I repeat no airline will ever, ever carry you to a country of final destination without a visa or the passport holder is visa free to the destination.

No need calling names here, am way too old to call names with you. I hold a dual citizenship status, and have sojourn most of my adult life in the west. Please do not write things or comments just to add up. This forum is created for people who needs help or have concerns and also people to share their experiences wherever they traveled to which by the way is educational.

If I tell you how old I am or have leaved in west, you wouldn't have to call names.

Good Luck
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by cozybunch: 9:41am On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:
young man i flew Qantas from Australia, stayed in London for a couple of weeks and flew virgin to lagos, stop displaying your illitracy here, BA is not the only carrier from Austrailia

My friend read through my lines. Don't skip to write your own. I mentioned virgin on my airline list.

And from your statement, your final destination was london from Australia which is of good understanding. Them you bought fresh ticket to nigeria using virgin, fine too. The issue here is you stated that virgin boarded you with your Aussie passport to nigeria without a visa. That is the missing link here. It is not done. You have to show them your nigeria passport for them to board you if no visa issued to the Australian passport. Please going back and forth is exposing your self the more

Good Luck.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2015
cozybunch:

My friend read through my lines. Don't skip to write your own. I mentioned virgin on my airline list.

And from your statement, your final destination was london from Australia which is of good understanding. Them you bought fresh ticket to nigeria using virgin, fine too. The issue here is you stated that virgin boarded you with your Aussie passport to nigeria without a visa. That is the missing link here. It is not done. You have to show them your nigeria passport for them to board you if no visa issued to the Australian passport. Please going back and forth is exposing your self the more

Good Luck.

young man i have nothing to prove to you, i am never requested for a visa whenever i fly to from anywhere using my Australian passport, Australia is visa free to many nations, i am not actually asking you to believe me, it is inconsequential if you do or not, what matter is i have shared my experience
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by cozybunch: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:

young man i have nothing to prove to you, i am never requested for a visa whenever i fly to from anywhere using my Australian passport, Australia is visa free to many nations, i am not actually asking you to believe me, it is inconsequential if you do or not, what matter is i have shared my experience

Yes you have but state facts. Australia is visa free to a lot of nations but not nigeria and some african nations. I already gave you list in order of respect, passports visa free in the world

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by claremont(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:

You have mentioned your ownership of an Australian passport several times on this thread, but you haven't explained why the Nigerian Immigration gave you a hard time even though you apparently must have had a Nigerian visa in your passport. If you did not have a Nigerian visa and you were allowed into Nigeria, then your story doesn't make any iota of sense. No one cares if you are a dual citizen or not, this thread didn't ask for it.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Franzeez:

Your story still doesn't add up.

All international airlines that fly into Nigeria know that you need a Nigerian visa to be allowed into the country if you are not a holder of the ECOWAS passport and will not board you till that condition is met. Nigeria is one of the few countries that are not visa free for American, British, Canadian, Australian etc passport holders.

So the question remains; how were you allowed to board Virgin airline in the UK to Nigeria without a Nigerian passport or Nigerian visa on your Aussie passport?

Bros, this your story no wash at all.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by Franzeez(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Phema:

Your story still doesn't add up.

All international airlines that fly into Nigeria know that you need a Nigerian visa to be allowed into the country if you are not a holder of the ECOWAS passport and will not board you till that condition is met. Nigeria is one of the few countries that are not visa free for American, British, Canadian, Australian etc passport holders.

So the question remains; how were you allowed to board Virgin airline in the UK to Nigeria without a Nigerian passport or Nigerian visa on your Aussie passport?

Bros, this your story no wash at all.

OK.
Re: Immigration & Custom Wahala At MMIA,,share Your Experience Here! by justwise(m): 11:57pm On Nov 24, 2015

(1)

Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai / Nigeria Will One Day Look Like The Las Vegas Strip At Night / 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.