Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

So What Do You Usually Do With Dough That Doesn't Rise - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / So What Do You Usually Do With Dough That Doesn't Rise (8781 Views)

I Need A Fairly Used 7litre Bread Dough Kneading Machine / Dough Cutters For Chinchin / How Do I Make My Meatpie Dough Crusty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So What Do You Usually Do With Dough That Doesn't Rise by nikinash(f): 6:13pm On May 16, 2009
You probably have tried making bread or something that requires the dough to rise at some time or the other, but it doesn't so what do you do with the dough, throw out or turn into something else? Please culinary gurus like amaka, epi, canyon etc this is for you.
Re: So What Do You Usually Do With Dough That Doesn't Rise by AmakaOne(f): 9:06am On May 18, 2009
nikinash:

You probably have tried making bread or something that requires the dough to rise at some time or the other, but it doesn't so what do you do with the dough, throw out or turn into something else? Please culinary gurus like amaka, epi, canyon etc this is for you.

Cool air or old yeast will keep your dough from rising properly. If a bit of heat doesn't revive the yeast, you can mix a little more yeast into the dough.

#Create a warmer place for the dough: Fill a large pan with boiling water and place it in the oven on the lowest rack, or heat a mug of water for 2 minutes in a microwave.

#Place the dough (in its bowl) in the oven or microwave along with the hot water. Leave it to rise.

#If the dough still doesn't rise, add more yeast. Mix yeast from a new package with 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) warm water and 1/2 tsp. sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes until foam forms, to be sure the yeast is active.

#Knead the yeast mixture into the dough.

#Leave the dough in a warm place to rise.

good luck

(1) (Reply)

₩#* Get Your Gift Items | Home Appliances | Kitchen Utensils @ Distributor Price / HERO BEER, Unarguable The Fastest Selling Beer / How Can I Make My Okro Soup Draw ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.