Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? (1645 Views)

Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes / Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
I just really want to know why fathers are more affectionate to their daughters and mothers more affectionate to their sons, what i have observ is that when it comes to more love and more attention mothers tends to give that to their sons likewise fathers to their daughters, i really want to know why? cc lalasticlala, dominique
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
Because opposite attracts..
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Brandnew2:
hmm ure right and wrong
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by saintfellow(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
hmmm i really dnt know, mayb dominique will answa u
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by thorpido(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Brandnew2:
As simple as that.
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Wenebadu(f): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Such is life
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Rukkydelta(f): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Not always true
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Not always true
but always true
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
Targaryen:
but always true
hmmmn but is not like that in my family My dad is nice to all his children,my mum is nice to me and my brothers,but not that affectionate to my sisters as she is to me
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Rukkydelta:
hmmmn but is not like that in my family My dad is nice to all his children,my mum is nice to me and my brothers,but not that affectionate to my sisters as she is to me
hmm ure right
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Fraih(f): 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Unlike poles repel
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Pidggin(f): 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is like this most times especially when kids are still growing, but as they mature it changes a bit
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pidggin:
It is like this most times especially when kids are still growing, but as they mature it changes a bit
as they mature it changes to doing things with force
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
fellowship:
hmmm i really dnt know, mayb dominique will answa u
hopefully
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by MsBliss(f): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Unlike terms attracts
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Soknown: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
I think the psychologists call it oedipal complex.
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by austine4real(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jamb question
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by JudgementHammer: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Targaryen:
I just really want to know why fathers are more affectionate to their daughters and mothers more affectionate to their sons, what i have observ is that when it comes to more love and more attention mothers tends to give that to their sons likewise fathers to their daughters, i really want to know why? cc lalasticlala, dominique
Its natural. Only children never question ur respect no matter how little what you give to them is, even if ure not too fair to them, they just respect u as their parents. Its difficult to achieve same with spouse.
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nnetriplet: 12:12am On Nov 16, 2015
Fraih:
Unlike poles repel
like poles repel, unlike poles attract.
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 16, 2015
Doesn't it have to do with that Sigmund Freud ish weirdness? For me I think I'm gonna be nicer to my daughter sha.

It's natural I suppose, u know what it took to make u a man or a woman so ur hard on ur male or female children respectively so they can make it too. But u pet the other ones because u don't know their struggle.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Fraih(f): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2015
Nnetriplet:

like poles repel, unlike poles attract.
Oh, forgive me sad
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by urchbarbie(f): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
my mama carry 1st class for dis matter ehn undecided
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 17, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Its natural. Only children never question ur respect no matter how little what you give to them is, even if ure not too fair to them, they just respect u as their parents. Its difficult to achieve same with spouse.
HMM true words
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 17, 2015
urchbarbie:
my mama carry 1st class for dis matter ehn undecided
but atleast na u dey get cash pass from daddy na
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by urchbarbie(f): 6:37am On Nov 17, 2015
Targaryen:
but atleast na u dey get cash pass from daddy na
lolx not cash more sha. nobody gets that from my old man. But he sure misses my presence most grin
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 17, 2015
urchbarbie:
lolx not cash more sha. nobody gets that from my old man. But he sure misses my presence most grin
lol thats ure a daddy's girl, hmm its like ure on ur own now
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by urchbarbie(f): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Targaryen:
lol thats ure a daddy's girl, hmm its like ure on ur own now
not really. stay somewhr else and only go home weeknds
Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2015
urchbarbie:
not really. stay somewhr else and only go home weeknds
hmm thats ure a big lady o, hmm i can see

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? by coolzeal(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2015
Children naturally learn by observing the world around them. The vast majority of the visual images that children see of people interacting in a physical manner are between a man and woman. They naturally tend to want to imitate that behavior since this is what they are learning is correct.
The parent of the opposite sex is typically the male/female person that the child is around the most and has bonded with as compared to a different person in their life of the opposite sex.

Note: when a women gets married, her husband is now the one she is to look up to. And in many cases- lives from the environment altogether. She takes that man's last name, and all her children are named after that man and his male lineage. As for mother and son, he becomes her protector (even if dad is there) he sticks around with his new family, and they continue to share the same name. A son never leaves his mother. I don't a sister though..

(1) (Reply)

See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / 10 Things That Changed After You Become A Mom (pictures) / Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.