Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,455 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? (1638 Views)

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? / The Most Difficult Age For Any Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Dididrumz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hello Niraland, I've been thinking alot about this marriage thing lately and I've had different opinions in the subject matter, so I want to know what you'll have to say about it.

I thought about this question because most times I see young Men who are well doing financially and yet they say they want to enjoy life first before getting married.

So My question is short, and its this;

WHEN IS THE RIGHT AGE TO CONSIDER GETTING MARRIED AS A YOUNG MAN.......?
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Nwodosis(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
The right age for a man to get married is that age when his heart tells him that he needs a companion!

2 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by dingbang(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
I think 30 is ok.

2 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Joyboy1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
If you have a good&reliable job at 25years please do!

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2018
Plz make sure you have money first but I think around 30 is cool. I repeat——-> make sure you are financially OK first.

You better enjoy yourself more now cuz once u are married no late night outings and your wife go dey track you up and down with phone cheesy

You go dey busy so Tay u go forget to take care of yourself grin

Your wife go need your attention and your parents+friends go also need your attention

Before you dey used to married/couple’s life style it’s possible that your wife gonna get pregnant and u go come dey super busy grin

Once you married u no go want dey jump bikes up and down so u go want get one car or maybe 2 cheesy + cool apartment

My aproko analysis nah for you to get MONEY first before marriage o

If you have money your marriage go sweet so tay u go come dey blame yourself why you never marry since cheesy

But if you don’t have money ehn your life go dey boring so tay you go dey live your life in a reverse mode wink

I swear money nah bastard. cheesy

Dididrumz:
Hello Niraland, I've been thinking alot about this marriage thing lately and I've had different opinions in the subject matter, so I want to know what you'll have to say about it.

I thought about this question because most times I see young Men who are well doing financially and yet they say they want to enjoy life first before getting married.

So My question is short, and its this;

WHEN IS THE RIGHT AGE TO CONSIDER GETTING MARRIED AS A YOUNG MAN.......?

4 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by oluwatosink: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by oluwatosink: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
When you have Good job.. And you are financially ok.. Go ahead if you want to

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by e90(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
I have been passing through this same issue for some time now.am close to 30, and my girlfriend of 4years is threatening to quick the relationship if we don't get marry by first quarter of next year. Looks like she is forcing me into the marriage and if I don't, i am the devil sent to her life to destroy it. I have some little cash with me to sort out the marriage but no stable financial source yet to build up a family. Don't really know what to do now.
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
e90:
I have been passing through this same issue for some time now.am close to 30, and my girlfriend of 4years is threatening to quick the relationship if we don't get marry by first quarter of next year. Looks like she is forcing me into the marriage and if I don't, i am the devil sent to her life to destroy it. I have some little cash with me to sort out the marriage but no stable financial source yet to build up a family. Don't really know what to do now.

If there's no stable source of income, please, hold on! Don't get married yet. I know the pressure that comes with being responsible for a family. You don't want to find yourself in that situation.

4 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by anayolity: 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
e90:

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage !!

wish someone would help me with the "Use your head" meme.

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by lilmax(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:
Plz make sure you have money first but I think around 30 is cool. I repeat——-> make sure you are financially OK first.

You better enjoy yourself more now cuz once u are married no late night outings and your wife go dey track you up and down with phone cheesy

You go dey busy so Tay u go forget to take care of yourself grin

Your wife go need your attention and your parents+friends go also need your attention

Before you dey used to married/couple’s life style it’s possible that your wife gonna get pregnant and u go come dey super busy grin

Once you married u no go want dey jump bikes up and down so u go want get one car or maybe 2 cheesy + cool apartment

My aproko analysis nah for you to get MONEY first before marriage o

If you have money your marriage go sweet so tay u go come dey blame yourself why you never marry since cheesy

But if you don’t have money ehn your life go dey boring so tay you go dey live your life in a reverse mode wink

I swear money nah bastard. cheesy

exactly bro...

2 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by dollytino4real(f): 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
4 me age shouldn't be a barrier in getting married but think of cash n other things dat follows it

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On Dec 23, 2018
You dont need anything more than a mate and the mutual desire to be married. You dont need money, nor job, nor anything other than that desire to spend the rest of your life with that person.

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Dididrumz(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
You dont need anything more than a mate and the mutual desire to be married. You dont need money, nor job, nor anything other than that desire to spend the rest if your life with that person.

Mr, are you serious? At these times, you really need the money for this marriage thing to work properly ohh, because circumstances can turn someone who really loved you against you due to lack of money

3 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Gerrard59(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
You dont need anything more than a mate and the mutual desire to be married. You dont need money, nor job, nor anything other than that desire to spend the rest if your life with that person.

shocked

Coming from MrBrownJ, I'm baffled.

Or are you being sarcastic?
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dididrumz:
Mr, are you serious? At these times, you really need the money for this marriage thing to work properly ohh, because circumstances can turn someone who really loved you against you due to lack of money

I fully disagree with your above point, money has absolutely NO Barring as to whether your marriage will work or not, the important point here is the desir to spend the rest of your life with someone. Now if you are broke, and your babe is broke too, and you both desire to get married and face life issues together, then how is that wrong for your Marriage?!

How can any circumstances related to money turn the woman (who loves you and want to spend the rest of her natural life with you) against you ?!?!

Gerrard59:

shocked

Coming from MrBrownJ, I'm baffled.

Or are you being sarcastic?

Bro, as much as i dont believe in marriage, i do understand what it takes to be married....now you need a lot of things to successfully be married, but money certainly Aint one of these things. You can be happily married without any of you having any more money than what you need to home/feed Yourself. Now if you Aint got money to eat then that is not a MARRIAGE issue but rather a life issue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by sisisioge: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
When he is old enough to make serious decisions by himself and face the consequences.

When he can afford to take care of himself and at least two more mouths.

When he's gotten beyond emotional trauma that mars most young men's mental well being grin

When he's gotten to the age where he understands that respect is earned and the wise picks his fight.

Then he is ready...ready to be someone's husband and possibly a father. It doesn't matter if he's 18 or 48.

2 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
You dont need anything more than a mate and the mutual desire to be married. You dont need money, nor job, nor anything other than that desire to spend the rest of your life with that person.

100% in agreement.

Mutual desire to get married is the ONLY thing required to be married. If your partner is OKAY and comfortable with your financial or social status, go ahead and get married.

1 Like

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
e90:

What is the assurance that you will attain financial stability in your 40s, 50s?

That you're postponing your marriage doesn't guarantee anything. You can be poor today and still be poor tomorrow.

Know your worth, work within your budget and evaluate your spouse whether or not she fits into your lifestyle. You guys can grow. A relationship that survived 4 years can survive 8 years in marriage. Same stuffs you both have been eating for four years are what married people eat.

Do not joke with a 4 year relationship, especially one that's filled with sweet memories. Many boyfriend/girlfriend relationships don't last one year, even with money.

7 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Dididrumz(m): 6:22am On Dec 24, 2018
Acidosis:

What is the assurance that you will attain financial stability in your 40s, 50s?

That you're postponing your marriage doesn't guarantee anything. You can be poor today and still be poor tomorrow.

Know your worth, work within your budget and evaluate your spouse whether or not she fits into your lifestyle. You guys can grow. A relationship that survived 4 years can survive 8 years in marriage. Same stuffs you both have been eating for four years are what married people eat.

Do not joke with a 4 year relationship, especially one that's filled with sweet memories. Many boyfriend/girlfriend relationships don't last one year, even with money.

That's deep for real..... And you've made critical points

3 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by faithugo64(f): 6:43am On Dec 24, 2018
Acidosis:

You deserve some accolades, thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by e90(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2018
Thanks, Acidosis,Though you have a point here. But am in delta and she reside in Enugu, moving her over to delta means she is starting afresh.this make the whole thing kind of difficult for me.
Acidosis:

Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2018
Dididrumz:

That's deep for real..... And you've made critical points
Thank you
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2018
faithugo64:
You deserve some accolades, thumbs up!
Thanks dear
Re: Right Age For A Young Man To Consider Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2018
e90:
Thanks, Acidosis,Though you have a point here. But am in delta and she reside in Enugu, moving her over to delta means she is starting afresh.this make the whole thing kind of difficult for me.

Don't give up just yet. Invite her over to Delta and explain to her the state of things. Be realistic as much as possible. Chances are she might decide to hold on and encourage you to be a better man, quit the relationship, or request for marriage in the midst of the challenges. You know your woman more than anyone else, so I believe you'll do the right thing when you both have a heart to heart talk.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Wives Say They Prefer To Hire Filipino Nannies To Nigerian Nannies / When Last Where You Beaten By Your Parents And Why? / Does This Really Minimize Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.