Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do? (1111 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by Faithte(f): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
Please a friend of mine needs advice on this.

Her story:-

I’m a young lady, I leave with my 2 Cousins, a Niece and Nephew (both of them belong to my Cousins)
My Eldest Cousin which I leave with, some months ago traveled for another cousin’s child dedication and came back very ill, she was treated medically, but no improvement occur.
She was then taken to the Church for prayers. While in the Church, Sister, Niece and Nephew visited but I wasn’t allow to visit.

When I finally had the opportunity to visit, I was told she was no longer in the Church, but then I notice that her Niece and Nephew were still visiting her even though her Sister was with her in the Church. Finally, she came back the following week, looking so ill, few days after she was back, I was told to leave her house, I left for my Pastor’s house without moving my things yet. She then called my Pastor to tell me to come and move my things.

after work I went to see her, this was late in the night, she insisted I move my things that night, I told her it wasn’t going to be possible cos it was late, that she would have to give me till weekend. I have pack my things and left their house, now staying with my Pastor. Before I left, I ask her if they told them in the church that I’m responsible for her illness? No answer was given to this question. After all effort done to no avail, she was then taken to the village, just few days ago I receive a call that she is dead.

My question now is, should I pay her Sister, Niece and Nephew a sympathetic visit, to console them? I once ask a close sister of mine this same question, her advice was that I shouldn’t go to their house again, because the deceased drove me out while she was alive, why should I go now that she is dead? She advice I can always sympathise or console them whenever we come in contact with each other but never to visit them at home to prevent causing more problem for myself. So please friends in the house what should I do, I’m kind of confuse……………..
Re: What Should I Do? by demmy0325(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: What Should I Do? by Zaikon(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
do as dem talk
Re: What Should I Do? by BrownCookie(f): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
I think it is best you avoid them.

But pay them a brief visit & offer your condolence.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
You've been labelled a witch and a murderer, I hope you have God on your side and a clear conscience, cos that's all you need to handle this situation.

Pay a condolence visit for old times sake and keep them at arms length.

More churches and pastors are destroying families than the Devil.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by Exponental(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
send text message. be ready to get insulted if u go
Re: What Should I Do? by babyme1(f): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
I feel serious trouble brewing before or during her burial. U have been labelled a witch by the prayer house and if you are not careful it may not end well. Inform your parents pls, and stay away from d burial.
Re: What Should I Do? by itstpia8: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Some nlers cant function if they dont say die in one day.

whose story are you wishing this to be now?
Re: What Should I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
Faithte:
Please a friend of mine needs advice on this.

Her story:-

I’m a young lady, I leave with my 2 Cousins, a Niece and Nephew (both of them belong to my Cousins)
My Eldest Cousin which I leave with, some months ago traveled for another cousin’s child dedication and came back very ill, she was treated medically, but no improvement occur.
She was then taken to the Church for prayers. While in the Church, Sister, Niece and Nephew visited but I wasn’t allow to visit.

When I finally had the opportunity to visit, I was told she was no longer in the Church, but then I notice that her Niece and Nephew were still visiting her even though her Sister was with her in the Church. Finally, she came back the following week, looking so ill, few days after she was back, I was told to leave her house, I left for my Pastor’s house without moving my things yet. She then called my Pastor to tell me to come and move my things.

after work I went to see her, this was late in the night, she insisted I move my things that night, I told her it wasn’t going to be possible cos it was late, that she would have to give me till weekend. I have pack my things and left their house, now staying with my Pastor. Before I left, I ask her if they told them in the church that I’m responsible for her illness? No answer was given to this question. After all effort done to no avail, she was then taken to the village, just few days ago I receive a call that she is dead.

My question now is, should I pay her Sister, Niece and Nephew a sympathetic visit, to console them? I once ask a close sister of mine this same question, her advice was that I shouldn’t go to their house again, because the deceased drove me out while she was alive, why should I go now that she is dead? She advice I can always sympathise or console them whenever we come in contact with each other but never to visit them at home to prevent causing more problem for myself. So please friends in the house what should I do, I’m kind of confuse……………..
Hmmm better don't go there except u r ready to swear u had no hand in her sick n eventual death.

I hope u r nt guilty sha angry
Re: What Should I Do? by NickiRoman: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ignorance is a disease,why didn't the church cure her illness na,CHAI!NIGERIANS EHN!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
What would you feel most comfortable with doing?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by sharliz(f): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
My advise is pay a condolence visit n even if insults were hurled at u just keep calm since u know u aren't responsible for d death...then leave quietly...God would be pleased
Re: What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Was your friend allowed into the house without paying rent, water bill electricity bill? Or was she paying?

Was there a cordial relationship between the two before her illness?

If the the answer was yes, that she was living in her house for free and there was a cordial relationship before her illness, I suggest she should not forget the past. it is not easy to harbor someone for free even when it was a close relative.

She should not go to that house because she was no longer welcomed, but she should try and attend the funeral. she must go with a trusted person as a pillar and support or shoulder to cry on.

I believe there will be insults but for the sake of the past relationship she had with her.It is called last respect

But if you were paying the bills and there was no love between you, it will look as if you came to mock. just stay were you are and pretend as if you did not hear the news.
Re: What Should I Do? by Faithte(f): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2015
Richy4:

Was your friend allowed into the house without paying rent, water bill electricity bill? Or was she paying?

If the the answer was yes, that she was living in her house for free and there was a cordial relationship before her illness, I suggest she should not forget the past. it is not easy to harbor someone for free even when it was a close relative.

She should not go to that house because she was no longer welcomed, but she should try and attend the funeral. she must go with a trusted person as a pillar and support or shoulder to cry on.

I believe there will be insults but for the sake of the past relationship she had with her.It is called last respect

Yes it was a cordial relationship. They are both cousins. While leaving in the house, she assist in paying the bills. such as NEPA, water, purchase of gas when due, contribution towards feeding and even assist in the house rent.

But if you were paying the bills and there was no love between you, it will look as if you came to mock. just stay were you are and pretend as if you did not hear the news.
Re: What Should I Do? by Faithte(f): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2015

I believe there will be insults but for the sake of the past relationship she had with her.It is called last respect[quote][/quote]

Yes it was a cordial relationship. They are both cousins. While leaving in the house, she assist in paying the bills. such as NEPA, water, purchase of gas when due, contribution towards feeding and even assist in the house rent.

(1) (Reply)

Father And Daughter Fight To Keep The Child They Had As A Result Of INCEST / Man's Greatest Moment: How True Is This Photo? / This Pitures Of Those Cute Kids Will Kick Start You Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.