Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! (3785 Views)

Jesus Was Born In September Not December !! / Christ Was Born In October And Not December / Do You Know That Jesus Christ Was Born In October And Not December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by MuttleyLaff: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2015
Highcuerayte:
You are right it's not my post and I didn't have the intention to say so
When you leave out the author or source then you are leading the readership to believe the post was authored by you

Highcuerayte:
Am a busy person and time is not easily sorted out,
I read the post online and decided to post it here having the knowledge of these things by myself.
What a lame excuse as who is not a busy person here.
What need to improve on is your time management.
Leave matter on the back burner, if you're unable to judiciously give it your time
alternatively lift and copy the whole article like you earlier did here
but leave a disclaimer crediting author and stating you agree with the contents of the article

Highcuerayte:
Sorry if the copying offends you.
Saying sorry is not good enough,
as you copied it in its entirety, if/when next time if you're going to repeat same, just post the reference or source to give the original author the credit

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:
Humanity as a matter of fact will develop behaviors and routines and habits and traditions.
Traditions that void the word of God are the ones that conflict or contradict it, otherwise traditions can and have coexisted with the Word of God.

For instance,
Nigeria's traditional attire. Is it Christian to don it? The answer is simple; it is irrelevant.
And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition.
And this is only one example among many others.
- Mark 7:13

vooks:
What part of scripture does Christmas contradict?
17Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said,
“Take this and share it among yourselves.
18For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
19He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying,
“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
20After supper he took another cup of wine and said,
“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people
—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.
- Luke 22:17-20

vooks:
I know you will say you are doing something nobody commanded.
Very true but, did Jesus command Nigeria national garb?
Strawman argument

vooks:
You can do stuff never commanded with a clean conscience except they contradict or conflict with the express commandment
That exactly, is it.
Except it contradicts or conflicts with the express commandment

You can burrow your head in the sand as long as you want
or delude yourself by putting on the ''Emperor's New Clothes'' woven by those two weavers in that short tale by Hans Christian Andersen
waiting until a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!"
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:
My brother,
You need to ACQUAINT yourself with Biblical reckoning od days, which is as commonsensical as any other. Am about to show you an EXACT time period of 72 hours in the scriptures called FOUR days. Clock OK once ready wink
I am salivating already, literally, in anticipation and at the prospect
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by thorpido(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Non sequitur

Exactly trivial matters of celebrating Jesus' birth
as opposed to giving serious attention to deeper things
like the partaking of the Last Supper command, which Jesus Himself, ordered, ONLY, to do, in remembrance of Him.
Christians partake of the Lord's supper.Jesus never spoke about Christians embarking on pilgrimage to Israel.Do Christians go on pilgrimage to Israel?Yes.Is it wrong?No.
All these things are not made as commandments but nothing is wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition.
And this is only one example among many others.
- Mark 7:13

17Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said,
“Take this and share it among yourselves.
18For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
19He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying,
“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
20After supper he took another cup of wine and said,
“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people
—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.
- Luke 22:17-20

Strawman argument

That exactly, is it.
Except it contradicts or conflicts with the express commandment

You can burrow your head in the sand as long as you want
or delude yourself by putting on the ''Emperor's New Clothes'' woven by those two weavers in that short tale by Hans Christian Andersen
waiting until a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!"

Am eagerly waiting for proof that Christmas voids ANY Law or commandment. If there is none, please and humbly withdraw your statement.

Please demonstrate how Christmans voids the Lord's Table. Are they mutually exclusive? See you can't just fish out a commandment and claim Christmas contradicts it; you need to prove it does.

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
I am salivating already, literally, in anticipation and at the prospect
Acts 10:1-30

Allow me not to quote it.
Cornelius
1. One day at ~1500H in Caeserea he has a vision. He is to send to Joppa his servants to pick Peter. He does that immediately after the vision
2. The NEXT day the servants arrive in Joppa just as Peter is having a vision, and lodge with Peter for the night
3. The NEXT day they leave for Caeserea
4. The NEXT day they arrive at Cornelius'

Cornelius utters these profound words
Acts 10:30 (KJV)
And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing

FOUR DAYS AGO.....

Now please do me a favor and attempt to calculate how many hours passed between his vision and Peter's arrival. Thank you
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:
Luke 24
What happened to it?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17).

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
Highcuerayte:
What happened to it?
It says Jesus was crucified on Friday
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:
It says Jesus was crucified on Friday
And how and where,explain it.
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
Highcuerayte:
And how and where,explain it.
Glad you asked. Do you believe Jesus resurrected on Sunday, that is the FIRST day of the week?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by MuttleyLaff: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:

Acts 10:1-30

Allow me not to quote it.
Cornelius
1. One day at ~1500H in Caeserea he has a vision. He is to send to Joppa his servants to pick Peter. He does that immediately after the vision
2. The NEXT day the servants arrive in Joppa just as Peter is having a vision, and lodge with Peter for the night
3. The NEXT day they leave for Caeserea
4. The NEXT day they arrive at Cornelius'

Cornelius utters these profound words
Acts 10:30 (KJV)
And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing

FOUR DAYS AGO.....

Now please do me a favor and attempt to calculate how many hours passed between his vision and Peter's arrival. Thank you
Am currently on the road, moving around will come back to you on this but for now:
One day = 1 day
Next day = 2nd day
Next day = 3rd day
Next day = 4th day

There you have your 4 days on the next day on the 5th next day
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
Politicos:
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17).
Do you understand this scripture?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:

Glad you asked. Do you believe Jesus resurrected on Sunday, that is the FIRST day of the week?
"first day of the week" or "Of the days of the week" as the Greek manuscript said?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
Highcuerayte:
"first day of the week" or "Of the days of the week" as the Greek manuscript said?
Which day is that? Can we with certainty tell?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Am currently on the road, moving around will come back to you on this but for now:
One day = 1 day
Next day = 2nd day
Next day = 3rd day
Next day = 4th day

There you have your 4 days on the next day on the 5th next day

Drive safely and let scriptures speak to you; FOUR DAYS AGO. Memorize and recite verse 30 as you drive around

To help you along, assume Cornelius had the vision on Monday, which day of the week did he utter 'FOUR DAYS AGO'?
A. Monday
B. Tuesday
C. Wednesday
D. Thursday
E. I don't know
F. None of the above

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by MuttleyLaff: 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
vooks:

Drive safely and let scriptures speak to you; FOUR DAYS AGO. Memorize and recite verse 30 as you drive around

To help you along, assume Cornelius had the vision on Monday, which day of the week did he utter 'FOUR DAYS AGO'?
A. Monday
B. Tuesday
C. Wednesday
D. Thursday
E. I don't know
F. None of the above

You're so funny.
When last have I been tested with the E & F type multiple choice answers
Let me get back to base first.

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
thorpido:
Yes He wasn't born in December but the celebration of His birth in December has come to stay.
It takes nothing away from the main purpose of His coming.

Lol
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 4:30am On Nov 15, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

You're so funny.
When last have I been tested with the E & F type multiple choice answers
Let me get back to base first.
Thank you man of God, take your time

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Christmasdon(m): 5:37am On Nov 15, 2015
Infact, you all are having a cool blind and ignorancee swimming outfit. January to December. What are they, are they not fixed by mere Romans out from their godess and godesses, like janus, to be january,etc. Why do we trouble ourselves about the time of His birth. I think nobody, knows the time. It was after Jesus came and Risen, we started hearing January. Feb, march as well as December, mehn! Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

Which day is that? Can we with certainty tell?
Yes we can if we understand the event that surround his crucification, Passover and Feast of the unleavened bread
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2015
Christmasdon:
Infact, you all are having a cool blind and ignorancee swimming outfit. January to December. What are they, are they not fixed by mere Romans out from their godess and godesses, like janus, to be january,etc. Why do we trouble ourselves about the time of His birth. I think nobody, knows the time. It was after Jesus came and Risen, we started hearing January. Feb, march as well as December, mehn! Grow up.
Thank God you are only thinking.
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Yes we can if we understand the event that surround his crucification, Passover and Feast of the unleavened bread

Am asking can we with certainty tell what day of the week is called FIRST day of the week?

These two verses have FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK;
Acts 20:7
1 Cor 16:1-2

Which day are they talking about between Monday and Sunday?
If you don't know, please say so. The key to learning is having a teachable spirit

1 Like

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

Am asking can we with certainty tell what day of the week is called FIRST day of the week?

These two verses have FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK;
Acts 20:7
1 Cor 16:1-2

Which day are they talking about between Monday and Sunday?
If you don't know, please say so. The key to learning is having a teachable spirit
Do you have learning disorder? The phrase "First day of the week" does not appear in the original manuscript, it was added by King James.
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Do you have learning disorder? The phrase "First day of the week" does not appear in the original manuscript, it was added by King James.

You have poor comprehension skills and what you know is so shallow that it is a pain teaching you common sense. How old are you?
FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK appears 8 times in the scriptures and you claim it is non-existent? What are you smoking? Can you read for me the 'original manuscript' for Acts 20:7 or 1 Cor 16:1-2

Jews never had NAMES for week days, they named them first,second third with exception of SABBATH the SEVENTH day. Sunday was the FIRST DAY

With the exception of the Shabbat, the weekdays have no names. They are simply numbered:

alef yom rishon = "first day" = (Sunday)
bet yom sheni = "second day" = (Monday)
gimel yom sh'lishi = "third day" = (Tuesday)
dalet yom revi'i = "fourth day" = (Wednesday)
he yom chamishi = "fifth day" = (Thursday)
vav yom shishi = "sixth day" = (Friday)
The week culminates in the seventh day, the Holy Shabbat (shabbat kodesh, abbreviated sh''q).

Source
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 9:09am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

You have poor comprehension skills and what you know is so shallow that it is a pain teaching you common sense. How old are you?
FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK appears 8 times in the scriptures and you claim it is non-existent? What are you smoking? Can you read for me the 'original manuscript' for Acts 10:7 or 1 Cor 16:1-2

Jews never had NAMES for week days, they named them first,second third with exception of SABBATH the SEVENTH day. Sunday was the FIRST DAY
Smoking? lol

I said "The phrase "First day of the week" does not appear in any of the four Gospel narrating the resurrectiom of Christ in the original manuscript."

and not

"The phrase , "The first day of the week" does not appear in the New Testament.

See the different now?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Smoking? lol

I said "The phrase "First day of the week" does not appear in any of the four Gospel narrating the resurrectiom of Christ in the original manuscript."

and not

"The phrase , "The first day of the week" does not appear in the New Testament.

See the different now?

We have the phrase FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK appearing 6 times in the gospels. The word DAY is interpolated and the exact phrase is FIRST OF THE WEEK. Now, the FIRST OF THE WEEK in the gospels and elsewhere mean one and the same thing. Questions for you
1. What day of the week is the FIRST OF THE WEEK in the gospels?
2. What day of the week is FIRST OF THE WEEK in Acts 20:7 and 1 Cor 16:1-2?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

We have the phrase FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK appearing 6 times in the gospels. The word DAY is interpolated and the exact phrase is FIRST OF THE WEEK. Now, the FIRST OF THE WEEK in the gospels and elsewhere mean one and the same thing. Questions for you
1. What day of the week is the FIRST OF THE WEEK in the gospels?
2. What day of the week is FIRST OF THE WEEK in Acts 20:7 and 1 Cor 16:1-2?
Let me clear your confused brain with the original manuscript

It will be done in this order for each word of the interpreted phrase, "On the first day of the week":

Original Greek
Correct translation
Wrong Translation
Correct Meaning
Wrong Meaning

1. τῇ
ho, hé,

The

2. δέ
de

but,and,now
however

3. ἷς, μία, ἕν
heis
mia
one
first(day)

4. ὁ, ἡ, τό

tōn
the
of the

5. σάββατον, ου, τό
sabbaton

Sabbath or sabbaths
Week

So here we have the correct translation in sentence, "the but,and now one the sabbaths" which contextually rephrased with strong's concordance will be "Now on the sabbath"

And not

"On the first day of the week"

You see now the word "Week" is not in the original manuscript but "Sabbath" is.

Christ died on Wednesday and resurrect early on the Sabbath day (Saturday)

Next time try and read the original manuscript.
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2015
[size=1pt]
Highcuerayte:
Let me clear your confused brain with the original manuscript

It will be done in this order for each word of the interpreted phrase, "On the first day of the week":

Original Greek
Correct translation
Wrong Translation
Correct Meaning
Wrong Meaning

1. τῇ
ho, hé,

The

2. δέ
de

but,and,now
however

3. ἷς, μία, ἕν
heis
mia
one
first(day)

4. ὁ, ἡ, τό

tōn
the
of the

5. σάββατον, ου, τό
sabbaton

Sabbath or sabbaths
Week

So here we have the correct translation in sentence, "the but,and now one the sabbaths" which contextually rephrased with strong's concordance will be "Now on the sabbath"

And not

"On the first day of the week"

You see now the word "Week" is not in the original manuscript but "Sabbath" is.

Christ died on Wednesday and resurrect early on the Sabbath day (Saturday)

Next time try and read the original manuscript.
[/size]
Amateur theologians are worth a dime a dozen.

What is the purpose of the word FIRST? what is FIRST?
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 10:14am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

Amateur theologians are worth a dime a dozen.

What is the purpose of the word FIRST?
The word "First" is not in the Original manuscript. I have just analyze the original Greek manuscript.
Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by vooks: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The word "First" is not in the Original manuscript. I have just analyze the original Greek manuscript.

Please try and read scriptures and not your imaginations. If you don't want to learn just say so.

What is HEIS?

Re: Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! by Highcuerayte: 10:31am On Nov 15, 2015
vooks:

Please try and read scriptures and not your imaginations. If you don't want to learn just say so.

What is HEIS?
lol...... i have done the best I can do.

Interlinears are contextual analyzing of versions of the Bible using the interprataion of that version. Strong's is still to be used to find if the Greek used in the interlinear to interprete the versions are in the original context of the original manuscript. So the above still boils down to Strong's exhaustive concordance which in it, Heis originally means "One" not "Of the first".

I awaits your next twistinggrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? / As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.