Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Baby Born With Two Different Functional Heads (photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Born With Two Different Functional Heads (photo) (792 Views)

Baby Born With Huge Head Tumour In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Baby Born "Pregnant" In India Shocks Health Expert (PHOTOS) / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baby Born With Two Different Functional Heads (photo) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Doctors at a Bangladesh hospital are treating a baby girl born with two heads, medical officials and the newborn’s father say.

The baby was born late Wednesday and is now being treated for breathing difficulties after being shifted to the intensive care unit of the country’s largest hospital in Dhaka.

“When I saw my baby, I was awestruck. She has two fully developed heads. She is eating with two mouths and breathing with two noses,” her father, Jamal Mia, said.

“Still, I thank Allah that she and the mother are now okay.”

Abu Kawsar, owner of the Standard Hospital of Total Healthcare where the baby was born by Cesarean section, said initial tests showed she only has one set of vital organs.

“Except for having two heads, the newborn has the rest of her organs and limbs like a normal newborn,” he said.

Thousands of people thronged the hospital in Brahmanbaria, where she was born, some 120 kilometres east of Dhaka, after news spread of the “miracle newborn”.

“The entire town poured into the clinic. There were thousands of people with some of them coming from the nearby villages,” he said.

“It’s good that the baby has been shifted to Dhaka. Otherwise, it would have been difficult for us to control the crowd.”

Mr Mia, a poor farm labourer, said he was concerned about how he would manage to care for the baby if extra expenses were needed.

“I feel sad for her. She has been born to a poor man. I don’t have money to even properly treat her mother,” he said.

A baby was also born in Bangladesh with two heads in 2008 but later died.

Source:
http://gist.mp3bullet.com/2015/11/12/baby-with-two-heads-born-in-bangladesh-photos/[url][/url]

Re: Baby Born With Two Different Functional Heads (photo) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
We once had this, in the UPTH.. (thoracopagus)
But encountered early neonatal demise

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Irregular Periods / do u sleep wit d lights on? here are reasons u shouldn't / PHOTOS: MTN Renovates 5 General Hospitals In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.