Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,265 members, 7,846,247 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Why We Youths Are Like Slaves In Our Own Town - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Youths Are Like Slaves In Our Own Town (313 Views)

AKSU Student Proves To The World That Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy - TRENDING / How Our Teens And Youths Are Damaging Their Spelling Skills And Punctuation / List Of States That Their Youths Are Interested In Education By WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Youths Are Like Slaves In Our Own Town by excober080(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
As colonialist officially took over in 1900, our own leaders sold us for valuables; we suffered a lot as the colonial masters took over our home for 60years, Kudos to our nationalist. Finally we own ourselves again in 1960 and that made things worse, the upshot of religion and regional sentiment created enmity in our homes. The Military dictatorial onslaught was too harsh for us to cope with, wevociferated for democracy in anticipation for freedom from the indirect slavery so we can again live as a freeborn, not knowing the danger of democracy will be immense, Democracy handed power over to leaders who strive for power in the name of quenching the ignition of the indirect slavery but in the real sense they keep enslaving us and our future.Our leaders! Your oath of office to protect our lives and properties is irrelevant; recently many of our siblings especially in the northern part of our land lost their lives, homes and properties. In our home, our motherland, on our own soil we live like slave, our human rights are violated, our future lies in jeopardy. Our leaders make laws and yet breaks them saying “rules are meant to be broken”, they amend laws to suit themselves like one horrible leader who wanted to amend the constitution just to stay extra four years in office after two terms (sigh), but whenever the law favours them and we are the victim you hear them quoting section one subsection one of our constitution.The fear is that whenever solution looms, something more damaging impede.Our larders do everything to make sure we cannot fight for our right; Even when we smuggle into a school despite the thousands, they make sure the certificate is useless by placing their children in every employment opportunity. We remain helpless in our homeland. Our children with first class or distinction are teacher and kwabes,swa p or whatever are they called . those with second class are white collar job seekers and theirs with 3rd class or dropout pays their salaries, they are the bourgeois.During my days in primary school, my teacher told us we are the leaders of tomorrow, my older brother testified; he was told the same thing during his primaries, funny enough till today those that rule then are still the one ruling, if not them then their children. Just like one late party leader who metamorphosis state politics to family inheritance to an extent at which he wants .Oh youth of our time, we are all afraid to die for our rightYet we die shamefully day by day, those who fold their handsBelieving they are not concern, their children will suffer for the nonchalant.We need help in our habitat, we need revolution on our land,because I see know reason why everybody knows fact and still have to keep on with their ludicrous gimmic"we know he's good but he can't do it".....plz don't get me twisted am not a potician and I don't pray to be ..Written by Adebayo Michael Ademola

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders! Help Me Judge This Case. Who Is Right? The Teacher Or The Student? / Osun Resumes Distribution Of ‘opon Imo’ In Public Schools / Safe Someone From Transport Fare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.