Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari: An Ethnic Bigot Or Northern Strategist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: An Ethnic Bigot Or Northern Strategist? (567 Views)

The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot / I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose / Buhari Is A Tyrant, An Ethnic Bigot And Very Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: An Ethnic Bigot Or Northern Strategist? by lujoshven: 4:17am On Nov 13, 2015
When president buhari brought out the list of his ministers, there was lots of uproar as regard the ages of the nominees, anyway that is past now, the nominees has been screened and assigned portfolio yesterday 11th of November 2015.

The Lawyers nominated as nominees are Raji Babatunde Fashola, SAN; Abubakar Malami, SAN; Ocholi James, SAN; Adebayo Shittu; Senator Aisha Al-Hassan; Geoffrey Onyema, a top class intellectual property lawyer; Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachukwu, a first class investment and corporate lawyer; Senator Udoma Udo Udoma; Senator Heineken Lokpobiri; and Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

For those of us that watched the screening live or the repeated version, we expect the SANs among these lawyers nominated to be eligible for the position of minister of justice/Attorney General. With this we are left with 3 nominees, who are:
i. Raji Babatunde Fashola, SAN (Lagos, South-West)
ii. Abubakar Malami, SAN (Kebbi, North-West)
iii. Ocholi James, SAN (Kogi, North-Central)

Going further, with the way these SANs performed during the screening one would expect either Raji Fashola or Ocholi James to be the next Minister of Justice/Attorney General of the Federation But lo and behold we were ALL wrong, it went to Abubakar Malami, SAN (Kebbi, North-West)…lol (I told some friends that Fashola will never get that position)

Now why did Mr. President did this? Did you smell any rat? Anyway in my own candid opinion and as a political strategist, these will be the following reasons:
1. Minister of Justice/Attorney General is a very sensitive position with powerful duties, please check: http://www.justice.gov.ng/ In fact you can say the minister is the most powerful of ALL the ministers.
2. From One (1) above, with the nature of the ministerial position, why will a president from North-west give it to any other political region considering Friends like Enemies around him (mind you in politics No Permanent Friends No permanent Enemies, so they said)
3. You have a Vice president next to him, Yemi Osinbajo who is from South-west, giving this minister of Justice/Attorney General to Fashola also from South-west and couple with Femi Gbajabiamila (Honorable from south-west) still fighting tooth and nail after losing the speakership battle with Dogara (The speaker) from North-East. Buhari knew he will be boxing himself to a corner, he could be easily impeached and “power” goes back to where?
4. The same political logic as stated in three (3) above also play in with Ocholi James SAN from Kogi North-Central. Do you remember Lots of APC member that are anti-saraki (Unity group in the senate) believes that the senate president Bukola Saraki who is also from North central is eyeing the presidency position. Hmmm, who knows Ocholi could betray his boss and work with his fellow north-central guy, and you can guess where power will shift if the President and Vice president are impeached.

The points I highlighted above could and not be (caveat emptor) the reason why Buhari gave the Minister of Justice/Attorney General portfolio to Abubakar Malami, SAN (Kebbi, North-West) who is also from the same geopolitical zone as the president, at least Buhari need to protect himself and get the person that can do is bid. And if you are familiar with the game of chess-It is all about protecting the QUEEN

Thanks, you can follow me on twitter:@olujd for more …

Re: Buhari: An Ethnic Bigot Or Northern Strategist? by otipoju(m): 4:28am On Nov 13, 2015
I am sorry to say but you are not worth following based this your myopic analyses.

Every observant Nigeria who knew Fasholas feat in Lagos expected that he would be the minister for either Works or Power.

Also the most powerful minister in Nigeria is definitely not minister for Justice, even CBN Governor that is not a minister get power pass am.
Re: Buhari: An Ethnic Bigot Or Northern Strategist? by lujoshven: 4:43am On Nov 13, 2015
@Otipoju It is your choice to follow on twitter or not, talking about being myopic, I felt you should be the one to be ascribe this, If you felt you know much, what about the Ocholi James SAN, or maybe you never watch the screening. And how as the CBN Governor become a comparison to the ministers, I know very soon you will compare INEC Chairman too grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

emperor of western Nigeria Ade Musiwa to discuss business with buhari,kanu jail / Illegality Of Stay Of Proceedings In FG Vs Saraki – Femi Falana / Court Rejects Fresh Application By Saraki To Halt CCT Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.