Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose (16895 Views)

Herdsmen Attack: OPC Begins Action Against Fulanis In Yorubaland / I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai / El-rufai - I Am Neither A Religious Bigot Nor An Ethnic Jingoist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 25, 2016
Ado – Ekiti-As the outburst of Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, against the killer herdsmen over attack and killings in the state, continue to elicit reactions across the country, the governor has declared that has nothing against the Fulani people or any other tribe in the country.

Fayose, who also said that he was not an ethnic jingoist who was out to cause confusion in the country, added that his call to the Federal Government to arrest the rising tide of Fulani herdsmen attack on communities across the country was borne out of the need for national cohesion, unity and peace.

He stated this in Lagos on Wednesday while attending the funeral ceremony of Mama Violet Oluremilekun Philips-George, the mother of a stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Chief Bode George.

In a statement by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, the governor said “I have nothing against the Fulani people or any other group in the country. My call for the Federal Government to put a check to the excesses of the Fulani her‎dsmen is for national unity, peace and harmony.

“The issue of incessant attacks on communities across the country by the herdsmen is a time bomb and it should not be allowed to get out of hand. The earlier will stop the menace the better for us as a nation. This has nothing to do with politics or where one comes from in the country. Who knows who the next victim could be.

“The attack is spreading across the country and I call on other state governors as well as political, religious and community leaders across the country to see the issue as a national one that we all must address.

“Like I have said earlier, the solution is that those rearing cows should have ranches to keep them. In advanced nations, they engage in animal husbandry too and they don’t allow their animals to just roam about,”
he said.

Fayose, who sympathized with Chief George on the death of his mother, noted that the deceased lived a fulfilled life.

In his sermon, Most. Revd Luke Odubanjo, the Archbishop of Lagos,
Methodist Church Nigeria, also called on the FG not to toy with the issue of attacks by Fulani cattle rearers in some parts of the country.

The cleric noted that the issue could pose another security challenge for the country like the Boko Haram insurgency.

He also admonished Christians to always bear it in mind that they would give account of their deeds on earth before th‎eir creator.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/i-have-notting-against-fulanis-neither-am-i-an-ethnic-jingoist-fayose/

4 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by ImpersonatorSS: 5:15pm On May 25, 2016
Good one.
Like I said in another thread, Fayose should not be seen as carrying out a vendetta against PMB's people - a man he has seemingly loved to hate.
There truly is a cause.
Enough of roaming herds. It's time for ranches.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Baawaa(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2016
Who is listening to"Baba Put" governor

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Florblu(f): 5:18pm On May 25, 2016
But you have something against Buhari?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Sunnynwa: 5:18pm On May 25, 2016
Baawaa:

2 great men

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2016
The OSHOKOMOLE of Yoruba land have spoken, at the mention of his name every Libyian fulani herdsmen must obey & every gworo chewing dullard must confess..

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2016
Baawaa:
Ekitians listens 2 him & they love him, so do us a favour & look bush..

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by ImpersonatorSS: 5:22pm On May 25, 2016
Baawaa:

Na you sabi...
If he blazes the trail in successfully resolving the farmer/herdsmen issue one and for all, he's a success and great one indeed.
That does it.

55 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Progressive01(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2016
Mr Fayose, you are neither an ethnic jingoist nor a Fulani hater, you are simply a MAD MAN. For someone who once detained his father's corpse and told the whole world his mother wears pampers, it is no surprise you act the way you do- you are a cursed child sir.

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by rapistbuhari: 5:27pm On May 25, 2016
Fayose does not need to explain himself to anyone. Anyone who disagrees with him should simply commit suicide.

The Lion at Oke Ado and Spokesperson for the Oppressed, Ayo Olorunlose has NO Apologies to give to anybody.

If you are a Fulani Cattle Rearer, Keep your Precious Cattle in Ranches.

No More Roaming about otherwise Tagged Free Ranging.

Curtain your Itchy Heels

Period

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by MrDavidson: 5:37pm On May 25, 2016
I'm not a Fayose fan, but I totally support that radical decision. Desperate situations require desperate measures and he's taken one. Despite the fact that their cattle are stolen in hundred and even thousands in places like Zamfara, you'll never read news of massacre there. How funny.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Luckylife(m): 5:42pm On May 25, 2016
Teacher ; Why do zombies hate this great man ? Pupil; they hate him because he's not a Zombie . Teacher; very brilliant. 100%

45 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by superstar1(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2016
The terrorist Libyan Herdsmen, whether Fulanis or Berber or Magrebs, should be chased back to wherever they came from by any means -- whether catapult or stones or hunters.

19 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Abeymills(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2016
Spot on jaare my able governor u2much anybody dat does not like wat u jst said or all ur actions so far can shove thier phones in their ass

12 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Firefire(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2016
Yes!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by dukie25: 7:07pm On May 25, 2016
Oshokomale has spoken.
Same with me, I have nothing against the Fulanis, I just want them to graze in Katsina-Ala only.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Faremisodeeq(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
Observation: always seeing Mr. Fayose on fp even if he sneezes. Fayose alwys gaining people mind every day. Truly you are a politician

9 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by leoebhos(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2016
Fp tins, make I go read the post
Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by virginboy1(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2016
At the inception I used to think this Hon Fayose was an error to Ekiti people but after going through the details of all his documentation objectively, my respect for him emerge.

The only Govt so far that came out to rebuke and reprimand Fulani herdsmen without licking d ass of the President.

Kudos Honorable Fayose.

15 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by AceRoyal: 7:12pm On May 25, 2016
[size=16pt]Yes......we have nothing against Fulani herdsmen but only against LIBYIAN immigrants causing chaos,destruction and killing of innocent Nigerians to the detriment of our national security,unity,economy and sustainable development.tongue

Ride on Fayose!
Godbless Fayose!
Godbless Nigerians!
Godbless Nigerian![/size]

14 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by virginboy1(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2016
Could this be a warning or conspiracy theory?

**COPIED**

[06/05 11:42]
By Adamu Mohammed.

Ever since President Muhammadu Buhari took over the mantle of leadership of this great country Nigeria, we(Hausa-Fulanis) have come under severe media attack from enemies of progress. Just because they are educated than us, they stereotype us with negativity. Just because they own and control the media, they use the media against us.

But let me make something clear to you stupid fellows hating us, whether you love us or hate us, it doesn't change anything. We are who we are and we will continue to remain like that. We hate you even more and we can never love you because you are all infidels. I pity those of you who keep deluding yourselves that we can love and trust you simply because you worked against your people to our own advantage, never!

I heard that the stupid Governor of Oyo State, Ajimobi said that they won't accept the proposed Grazing Bill. But my message to the filthy Yoruba pig is that, if you don't want to give us your cursed land, we will rear our cattle not only on your farmlands but in your churches. And if you try to stop us, we would killed your chicken hearted men like rabbits then turn your mothers, wives, sisters and daughters to our sex slaves like we have always done.

It is either you give the whole of South to us to use as grazing reserve or we soak it with your blood. And what you would do like you always do is noise on Facebook and Twitter. you cannot be united against us because there would always be the likes of Tinubu, Amaechi and Okorocha in your midst who will divide you for selfishness and love of money. Such treacherous characters can't survive in our midst because we burn them and their families.

I so much detest Southern Christians because they are the problem of this country. If I have my way, there won't be any functional church in this country, especially in the North. That's why I am so much happy with Governor El-rufai who is living up to the expectations of Allah in Kaduna State. We are not really pleased with President Muhammadu Buhari who is too slow to implement everything we asked him to implement in this country for us, he has not even done 20% of the Northern/Islam agenda, what he is waiting for I don't know.

We will make life unbearable for Igbos like they are in Hell, and yet we won't let them have their useless Biafra because the whole of South is a conquered territory. We can never see Yorubas as allies no matter how hard they try to please or serve us because they are born traitors and infidels. Those slaves in the Middle Belt would continue to be willing tools in our hands, and the day they attempt to raise their heads, we will cut off their heads like weeds. I lack words to tell the inconsequential and always crying Niger Delta because what we are waiting for is for President Buhari to declare state of emergency in Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta, then we will show them how to use power.

We are at war with you people but we won't allow the country to breakup because, natural resources found in any part of the country is our heritage and birth right. We will continue killing you in large numbers until you are truly submissive to us as your slave masters. We won't stop killing you until we fully takeover your land as a conquered territory. This is not the time to mince words, this is not the time to sugarcoat things, and this is not the time to be economical with the truth, this is nothing but the truth, ignore it at your own peril.

[06/05 11:42] Uche Akobundu: Forwarded as Received........

=================
=================

GRAZING RESERVE BILL.

Please continue to pass this leaked information until every Yoruba, Igbo and all Christian parts of Nigeria gets alerted.
This was planned many years by Fulanis as a strategic way to the Islamization of Nigeria.

That was why Buhari continued running for Presidency even at his old age because they knew he is the most possible means to achieving their wicked goal.

In 1804 - 1808, Fulanis came in from Guinea to the Northern part of Nigeria, led by Usman Dan Fodio. He led in the jihad against the Hausa kingdoms of the northern Nigeria. The forces of Usman dan Fodio slowly took over more and more of the Hausa kingdoms through war. By 1810, Fulanis had already conquered all Hausas.

They formed the Boko Haram sect solely for the purpose, waiting for Buhari or any of their Fulani brother to come in power but unfortunately, Goodluck Jonathan came into power and they became wildly annoyed.

They started their violence to distract him, and made his administration difficult and cumbersome. Know it that whether it was Yoruba or Igbo that won that Election, what Goodluck Ebele Jonathan experienced in office would have been the same for whoever was on the seat during GEJ'S Regime. The same thing could've still happened about Boko Haram.

Now their dream has been achieved having their brother on top.

Here is their plan.
They started herdsmen war believing that they have the chance to control all parts of the country since they are in power and also controlling the Armed Forces.

If GRAZING RESERVE BILL is passed and achieved, It means that Fulanis will have a place mapped out for themselves strategic places in all 36 States of Nigeria.

The next thing is that, they will start bringing in their wives and children to increase their population.

With time, they will have their Emir installed in all the 36 States which will eventually take part in every leadership community gathering... with a bid to taking over the entire communities.

They will eat into every community like worms and the place given to them can never be taken away from them again since it had been passed into law.

Their sect will be ready to strike in every State and Community with no hiding place for anyone since they have known every corner of our Communities.

CONCERNED STATE GOVT NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL OF THESE LIBIANS IN DISGUISE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by DExplorer1: 7:14pm On May 25, 2016
Fayose is a disgrace to the Ekiti mantra. He governs like a tout. Ekiti people got this wrong.
Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by wayne4loan: 7:15pm On May 25, 2016
" Evil prevail, because good men keeps silent" ... Lesson lent- fayose posses an epitome of a legend .... This is a true idol for all southwest to immortalize

3 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by lovat(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2016
Progressive01:
Mr Fayose, you are neither an ethnic jingoist nor a Fulani hater, you are simply a MAD MAN. For someone who once detained his father's corpse and told the whole world his mother wears pampers, it is no surprise you act the way you do- you are a cursed child sir.
grow up

21 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Built2last: 7:17pm On May 25, 2016
I humbly submit that the Constitutional Rights to Liberty, Freedom of Movement and Association as enshrined in the Constitution of this great nation are Human Rights created for the enjoyment of Persons and Citizens of Nigeria alone. There is therefore no Constitutional penumbra that transfers such freedoms to goats, sheep and cattle at the detriment of mankind. Bottom line, Fulanis are free to enjoy Human Rights as citizens of Nigeria, but no cattle is so entitled, as cattle are not citizens of Nigeria. They only qualify as property, to which the Law of Torts with respect to cattle trespass fully applies. So Fayose is in order.

Imagine our president slapping all of us by sneaking 940 million into the budget for grazing reserves. Imagine how many youths with lands begging government for seedlings and tractor to farm. No response.

There is no tribe in Nigeria that doesn't rear one thing or the other. Sane people manage animals not animals managing people.

All processed milk we drink in Nigeria is from Europe. In all my travelled life. I have never seen one cow roaming in the bush.

Why is Buhari and his kinsmen using analogue brain in a digital age.

The Yoruba who are northern greatest ally are gradually seeing the self serving nature of the hausa/Fulani.

Fayose is the man of the moment, whether you like him or not. He is exuding immense boldness. What he did today has been murmured amongst many state governors but none had the nerve to voice out.

Abeg make una give Fayose some likes if you think the guy has guts.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by arocute: 7:20pm On May 25, 2016
Sunnynwa:

2 great men

2 great men indeed one is serving himself for himself and the other rendering service, so who is great?
Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2016
I doubt it here is fayose heading with his men to deal with the Fulani helmsmen

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Dollyak(f): 7:23pm On May 25, 2016
If Fayose could start working on the development and swift payment of salaries in Ekiti state, he might give APC a run for their money. He seems to be well loved by SE & SS, and the only reason he isn't loved in SW is because of his performance.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Obiwannn: 7:26pm On May 25, 2016
Baawaa:

Shut up my friend!

9 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by Rapmoney(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2016
Fayose doesn't owe anyone any damn explanation or apology! Ride on, Fayose Chukwunemeife Dimkpa Ayodele!!! grin

11 Likes

Re: I Have Nothing Against Fulanis …neither Am I An Ethnic Jingoist- Fayose by olami100(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2016
Progressive01:
Mr man keep quiet!!! why not direct your frustration to your Mr President who kept mute about the fulani issue?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors / Suspected Explosive Discovered In Delta Near River Niger Bridge [photo] / President Tinubu Giving Juicy Appointments To Only Yorubas - APC Group (PCAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.