Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu (40047 Views)

Fashola's Ministerial Appointment: I'm Now A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu / Tinubu: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather / Tinubu: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by IamGentle(f): 8:39am On Nov 13, 2015
IF I hear Grandfather or Godfather
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by sukkot: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2015
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, A CLUELESS THIEF WITH A MEDICAL CONDITION CALLED KLEPTOMANIA

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/cgmt9j2hgqlns30xq6tijxhzlnlt32201332928[/img]
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by nkemdi89(f): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2015
He meant to say god father, I remember back then when AC where preparing for primaries people like tola kasali, Jimi agbaje and the likes where seriously pouring out cash for the party members only for us to attend party meeting and the party chairman said the game has changed and all support will go to fashola we were surprised cos he wasn't a popular candidate. In fact they told us that we had no option cos baba himself was the one who fielded fashola candidacy.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Emekamex(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2015
Fashola made me a proud godfather - Tinubu
Fixed
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by anwo247: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2015
BREAkING News: Buhari has explained dat Power, Housing and Works are not under one man as many have said. He said, Babatunde is Minister of Power, Raji is Minister of Housing and Fashola is Minister of Works...... #copied
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by lastpage: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2015
omenka:
I might not be a huge fan of Tinubu but I have enormous respect for him. He's indeed a politician per excellence.

Tinubu is one politician that has braved so many bad political weathers. I could still remember his epic battles with Obj.

He single handedly saw to the survival of opposition in Nigeria when against all odds, he retained Lagos state after the PDP tsunami in the SW in 2013. He was starved of allocation due his state for over a year but still survived and performed fairly well, and then put an icing on the cake by handing over to a very competent successor.

He's overly gifted in the art and science of politics and I can confidently say NO politician in Nigerian history has made more men than himself. Awolowo indeed tutored him well.

That said, I must admit I fear for the enormity of the task on Fashola's desk but if he succeeds, I see Nigeria's President come 2023.

Omenka,

While l agree with most of what you posted up there...... and l am also a "fan" of Tinubu.
Since everyone has their good and bad sides, l hasten to remind us that despite the fact that it was Tinubu that pencilled down Fashola, l can still remember the petty envy that played out when fashola, after dazzling Lagosians with his work ethics, wanted to go for a second term and Tinubu did everything in his power to ensure that Fashola was not fielded by ACN, back then!

Tinubu actively WORKED AGAINST the nomination of Fashola for a second term

If not that Lagosians assured him that they would vote for PDP, if Fashola was denied the ticket, being the choice of the populace, Tinubu in his usual "anti-democratic" selection process, would have denied Lagosians the service of the same Fashola he is calling "my son", today.
I hope we all learn a lesson from this episode?
You cant build with the right hand,... and then try to scatter with the left hand

We all can also remember that Tinubu has personalised Lagos State, from buying-up most Lagos State Government property within Ikoyi, lekki axis and even in Abuja.

His front company, LCC, which he used in installing TWO Toll-gate (Tow Tolls within a distance less than 5Km!) the shortest distance between two tolls anywhere in the world!! ...also leaves much to be desired. Particularly by ensuring that his Hotel guest will not be affected by such Toll (strategically placing them just after his hotel) is also an act of betrayal to the people living along that axis.... who have to pay two tolls on their way to work and on their way back from work, every blessed day!

We need not mention how he made his daughter the "Iya L'oja of Lagos, his son-in law a Senator/rep of Lagos, his wife a Senator representing the same Lagos!
One would think Tinubu is the only name in Lagos meanwhile he is a late comer, though an important one, politically.

This Ambode he foisted on Lagosians, is also another K-leg!
I hope l am wrong on this one but so far, Ambode is just all over Nite Clubs like some indolent Youth while the state suffers and degenerates!

Look at Oshodi, its gradually becoming the Den of Robbers it once used to be!
Security in Lagos is suffering
Water Works have suddenly gone camatose, hardly do we have pipe borne water the way we used to, under Fashola
Its still early days anyway, we will give Ambode a few months more. His one year anniversary will be used to judge hom.

Finally, l hope "Jagaban" is fulfilled by now?
I hope he knows to "leave when the ovation is loudest"..... and sit in his palace, as a "statesman" that the younger ones can come to consult?
I hope he realize that he has taken enough from Lagos ...and should "let it lie" so that he does not "over-stay and exhaust his welcome"?

Tinubu will always be respected by we Lagosians, for his tenacity, doggedness, political astuteness and that his "Oju'yobo" style!

All hail "Jagaban, the first"! Respect,... Baba.

Eko o'nibaje o!

Lastpage!
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by juman(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2015
South west apc does not like the masses much.

16 years of apc rule in lagos, the masses standard of living do not improve.

APC in lagos for 16 years is a mild success not big success.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by goludayo: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2015
Gov.Aregbesola what hv u commissioned for Osun pple in d last 11month...
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Biosahal: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
omenka:
I might not be a huge fan of Tinubu but I have enormous respect for him. He's indeed a politician per excellence.

Tinubu is one politician that has braved so many bad political weathers. I could still remember his epic battles with Obj.

He single handedly saw to the survival of opposition in Nigeria when against all odds, he retained Lagos state after the PDP tsunami in the SW in 2013. He was starved of allocation due his state for over a year but still survived and performed fairly well, and then put an icing on the cake by handing over to a very competent successor.

He's overly gifted in the art and science of politics and I can confidently say NO politician in Nigerian history has made more men than himself. Awolowo indeed tutored him well.

That said, I must admit I fear for the enormity of the task on Fashola's desk but if he succeeds, I see Nigeria's President come 2023.
Hail you and your comment. We need fashola. I know he will deliver well.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Biosahal: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2015
liberty300:
Seriously, is this the terms an "elder states man" should be using?

This just says tinubu is fashola's godfather

Imagine if someone like Sullivan chime was ministers of works? The governor that turned a least important state to the 3rd best state in Nigeria? That made enugu the only Nigerian state to be mentioned in the 100 best performing states in the world?..not even Lagos was mentioned?

Just imagine...but politics won't let us now. We'd rather die
I believe he is refering to his Grandchildren.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Billygee2u: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2015
Chubhie:
Coming after his failed attempt through 3rd party to undermine fashola chances. Credit goes to PMB for keeping faith in fashola.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Kollyman: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2015
Failure is an orphan.

The same Fashola that you and the clueless Ambode went around painting black ( he spent 78m for websites and 275m for borehole) because you do not want him to be considered as the ministerial candidate for Lagos state.

Now, destiny has prevailed for #BRF and someone is claiming to be grandfather.

Lesson: If you rise against all odds to be successful, even those who tried all things to pull you down would associate and claim part of your success.

Trust in God only and never give in for opposition or discouragement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by DOCTORDONE: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2015
Politics! No permanent friend and no permanent enemy....
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by peteruapata: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Indeed you are a great leader, more grace to your elbow sir!
[quote author=wengerjay post=39965200]NATIONAL

“Leadership is about how many people you are able to bring up, build up and develop. I have done my bit.”
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by pasol4real(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=omenka post=39965617]I might not be a huge fan of Tinubu but I have enormous respect for him. He's indeed a politician per excellence.

That said, I must admit I fear for the enormity of the task on Fashola's desk but if he succeeds, I see Nigeria's President come 2023.[/quote
How funny,you say you Do Not like someone yet you would go all the way out to point that Person good.
The fact that you have access to the Internet does not give u the right to come here n post rubbish,without minding people' s sensibilities .
How dare u refer to tinubu as the greatest politician in Nigerian history by saying he has produced more men than any politician in Nigerian history.
Indeed this is not just an insult to great men like Nnamdi Azikiwe,Herbert macaulay,Ahmedu bello ,Awolowo,micheal opara n the rest of them ,it is also an insult to Nigeria n Nigerians in general that a monumental thief wud be refered to as such .now he is claiming fashola to be his protege after all he did Underground to bury him.
May God help us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by sapientia(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2015
Picking a successor in a democratic setting is in itself wrong even if you gave us Jesus
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Ama80(f): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2015
omenka:

ds is d first time in ur entire Nairaland life dat u ve spoken like an intelligent political observer n im wit u totally.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by femoyor: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2015
liberty300:

Imagine if someone like Sullivan chime was ministers of works? The governor that turned a least important state to the 3rd best state in Nigeria? That made enugu the only Nigerian state to be mentioned in the 100 best performing states in the world?..not even Lagos was mentioned?

Just imagine...but politics won't let us now. We'd rather die
Is it the enugu I know. Apart from enugu east, north and south with nsukka, the others are villages. If development is measured by 4 local government out of 17 then we are finished.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by frenchboy(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2015
Jagaban morgul,d slayer of pdp
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by 4stylz: 9:47am On Nov 13, 2015
After robbing lagos state, they have all forgotten! What can I do? I guess nothing
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by 4stylz: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2015
femoyor:

Is it the enugu I know. Apart from enugu east, north and south with nsukka, the others are villages. If development is measured by 4 local government out of 17 then we are finished.

So are you saying lagos is developed? Lagos is the worst place to live in on earth
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by 4stylz: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2015
sukkot:
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, A CLUELESS THIEF WITH A MEDICAL CONDITION CALLED KLEPTOMANIA

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/cgmt9j2hgqlns30xq6tijxhzlnlt32201332928[/img]

Even in that photo, he looks better than your father
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Chubhie: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2015
erinalex:
you were there when Tinubu was making those "failed attempts" ? Frustrated being u are. Child of hate ! Anything Tinubu, will always pain you. Even if Tinubu and Fashola are at loggerheads,how will that give u ur biafra. Instead of u to channel ur energy towards the realization of ur dreams;No u won't do that,its always Tinubu this,Tinubu that. Anyway,u've nobody from ur region,that worth discussed. TINUPHOBIA,will kill u one day. O ya,start abusing me,as this is ur area of specialization. The major problem comfronting the ibos is MISPLACE OF PRIORITIES
I'm sorry if you found that comment not appropriate to your political orientation. You should understand there are millions of people with diverse opinions using this platform so it won't be a one way traffic. You should come to terms with this reality and appreciate this balance.

I believe we can discuss our differences like reasonable humans devoid of personal insults.

This is not about biafra or the Igbos. This is about a total stranger who for all I care could be a spirit using the web. I apologise again if Tinubu is your father.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 13, 2015
He meant to say a proud godfather.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by famtaiwo(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2015
God almighty, d owner of life will judge u, lagos govs, at d appropriate time. Continue stealing lagos money
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by mjb05(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2015
liberty300:

Just imagine...but politics wondddi. d't let us now. We'd rather die
did u want 2 compare lagos with Enugu, wat is d population of enugu? Av a rethink abt wat u said u can compare any state in nigeria wit lagos state,lagos state is d heart of nigeria
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by Thundeh(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Pavore9:
More of Fashola made him a proud Godfather! cheesy
Yes my thought man. He said ironically.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by juman(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2015
frenchboy:
Jagaban morgul,d slayer of pdp

grin
Yeah. The slayer of pdp. He worked tirelessly with others and remove the cursed pdp.

wengerjay:
Tinubu has done well

Ofcourse he has done well.
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by flokii: 11:58am On Nov 13, 2015
how funny this life is...

after attempting to soil his name through website propaganda... smh
thnk God PMB belongs to nobody... else Fashola would av been history
Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by tuk2ato(m): 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
My dear you are very right, politically inclined people know that Tinubu didnt want BRF has minister, he even tried to rubbish some of his achievement. Remember the BRF website and procurement scandals. He is just trying to save face.
christinie:
Thought I read many times on Nairaland that Tinubu did not favour Fashola's ministerial candidacy? Are all these nice words truly from Tinubu's heart?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu by DonProphet: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
I hail you, the great Jagaban. The man that ruled Lagos state for eight years despite all Obasanjo's attempt to take the state from him, and since then has maintained the hold of the state since then. He later extended his empire to the whole south west.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Lists Items Stolen From His House In Abuja / #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army / Court To Rule On Peter Obi, Inec’s Case On BVAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.