Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs (35063 Views)

TSA Transfers: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs / Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by jpphilips(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Is this not the same story that an IPOBastard read and said Buhari is corrupt, where did PDP hire all these illetrates from?
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by newnigerian: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
nobeku:
Your write-up is TOTAL NONSENSE.. You failed.. Who is that other ignoramus quoting you and supporting you.. Chai, Nigerians generally no Sabi book.. Remitta is just a bloody SOFTWARE for starters.. NOT A COMPANY OR FIRM... Jonathan and NOI did Not.. NEVER started TSA.. it's in the spirit of the constitution... Section 80(1) of 1999 as amended... Where did you get all these your sharing formula permutations... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...Guy when you are ready to learn, it will be obvious... Many are read, few are UNDERSTANDING!!!!!

PLEASE IT IS REMITA not remitta it is a Web based software, owned by a company called Systemspecs Ltd based in Lagos, GIFMIS is the first leg of the TSA started in 2012 over 550 MDAs are already on the platform the collection leg began in April 2015, effectively September 2015 at the order of PMB. I can teach you more...
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by Themandator: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
The story is an attempt to deceive the public..... One question : is the company entitled to 1 percent of all remissions or transfer through her software?
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by nobeku: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
newnigerian:

PLEASE IT IS REMITA not remitta it is a Web based software, owned by a company called Systemspecs Ltd based in Lagos, GIFMIS is the first leg of the TSA started in 2012 over 550 MDAs are already on the platform the collection leg began in April 2015, effectively September 2015 at the order of PMB. I can teach you more...
If you knew this, why were you refering to a solutions software as if it was the company? Guy you are a fraud.. You don go look up de thing well now.. See you wey dey teach persin. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by Okanokan(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
REMITA is remiting Nigeria's money to themselves. The board and management team of Remita shows clearly that these were men who recently held top position in Government, thus the likelihood of insider manipulative fraud cannot be ruled out. The TSA is already failing even before full implementation.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
hmmm.. this is how these people loot the treasury.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by temitemi1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
Been around o...
creepsyme:
where have u been?
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by Orikinla(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

Block one leakage, Nigerians will puncture another hole to siphon, it's a pathological thing... undecided
. They are cursed. That is I don't feel sorry when anyone of them gets kidnapped. They are evil and greedy.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by clemhova: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
I personally dont see any thing in what system spec did, I even wonder why they have to pay back the money ( except there is more to it than we told here)

ordinarily a contract is a contract. 1 percent of any transaction done is not that unreasonable... Sone of our banks charge far more.

Probably when they were signing the contract they never anticipated such a wide remitance to the TSA or tsa was only targeted for a few organisations. Think of it, this coy has been collecting commision since 2011 but it has not been an issue until now when we started robust implementation of the TSA.

If system spec had a genuine contract, they can sue the FG, becos ignorance is not an excuse to revoke a contract. Ordinarily they would have left cash with them, pause the contract and review it against the current circumstances or terminate it if possible. Forcing them to return money that was legitimately signed for is dictatorial... What do you guys think

kahal29:
• How Sanusi, Lemo appointed firm to implement e- Collection solution

The Central Bank of Nigeria has recovered N8.6 billion deducted by a Lagos-based software firm, SystemSpecs, which provided the e-Payment/e-Collection solution used for the transfer of government funds from commercial banks to the treasury single account (TSA) domiciled with it, THISDAY investigations have revealed.

The central bank, according to sources in the CBN, directed the company which owns the Remita software platform used for the funds transfer, when it was discovered that SystemSpecs had deducted as much as N8.6 billion for the remittance of government funds from banks to the TSA in the last few weeks.

Throwing more light on the e-Payment/e-Collection Remita software, which the Senate on Wednesday resolved to probe, CBN sources said the implementation of the modular solution was approved by the former CBN Governor who is currently the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, and former CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Mr. Tunde Lemo, in 2011 to facilitate the transfer of government revenue to the TSA.

On Wednesday, the Senate had ordered its joint Committee on Finance, Banking and Other Financial Institutions and Public Accounts to probe the allegation that the e-Collection agent, Remita, had been paid 25 billion, being the 1 per cent commission it charged for the transfer of N2.5 trillion of federal government funds to the TSA.

The motion, which was moved by Senator Dino Melaye and adopted by the Senate, held that the N25 billion payment was in gross violation of Section 162(1) of the 1999 Constitution which states that “the federation shall maintain a special account to be called the federation account into which all revenues collected by the government of the federation except the proceeds from the personal income tax of the personnel of the Armed Forces of the Federation, the Nigeria Police Force, the ministry or department of government charged with foreign affairs and the residents of the FCT, Abuja”.

However, investigations by THISDAY showed that Remita was not an agent or company, but the software platform used for the transfers, while SystemSpecs, whose Managing Director is Mr. John Obaro, is the owner of e-Payment/e-Collection solution.

The company’s website further revealed that the chairman of SystemSpecs is the former Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, Dr. Christopher Kolade.

Other directors of the company include a former Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Mr. Ernest Ndukwe, Mr. Emmanuel Ocholi, Mr. ‘Deremi Atanda and Dr. Emmanuel Eze.

Remita, which has been adopted by the CBN as the e-Payment and e-Collection platform of the federal government, is currently used by all 22 commercial banks and over 400 microfinance banks nationwide.

CBN sources informed THISDAY that contrary to the assertion of the Senate that N25 billion had been paid to SystemSpecs, it was N8.6 billion that was deducted by the company for the transfer of N1.5 trillion since the enforcement of the TSA by the current administration in the last few weeks.

“Remita is an e-Payment/e-Collection software that has been in place since 2011, because the TSA transfers started under the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

“It was Tunde Lemo’s baby and approved by former Governor Sanusi for the transfer of funds to the TSA.
“But when it was discovered that SystemSpecs had deducted about N8.6 billion for the recent TSA transfers of N1.5 trillion, we immediately asked them to reverse the deduction, which they complied with.

“The issue was brought to the attention of the president (Muhammadu Buhari) and he asked that the money be returned immediately which is what has happened.

“Going forward, it is our intention to review the contract on the software, because the CBN has its own software for e-Payments and e-Collections,” a CBN official, who did not want to be named, said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-transfers-central-bank-recovers-n8-6bn-from-owner-of-remita-systemspecs/225480/
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by BizBayo: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
simplisity:
So all they are telling us is that, CBN as the central bank of Nigeria the giant africa, has no it own software to transfer those money in it account. Is very unfortunate that upon all the body language that this new government is out to fight corruption, we are still experiencing more of it.

Lagoon is your friend..
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by bewyse: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2015

Indications have emerged regarding how the lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye misled his colleagues and other Nigerians with allegations that Remita, a payment platform owned by SystemSpecs, is milking the country by charging 1% as fee on all transactions in the Treasury Single Account, TSA.

This is as a letter issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, on December 17, 2013 and circulated to all Deposit Money Banks, may have rubbished Senator Melaye’s claim.

In the letter titled “Commencement of Federal Government independent revenue collection under the Treasury Single Account (TSA) initiative” the CBN agreed that “a fee of 1% of funds collected is payable; and this would be shared by solution provider and participating banks.

Further investigations revealed that the apex bank, before choosing Remita as gateway, examined existing local and foreign infrastructures before its endorsement and choice of the platform. Aside approaching NIBSS; a company owned by all Nigeria banks; including the CBN, the apex bank also reviewed the suitability of RTGS provided by CMA a foreign software house, and was convinced about its unsuitability before SystemSpecs’ Remita was considered.

According to facts sourced online and via the company website, Remita is a payment platform and not a company as many including Senator Melaye would want the upper chamber to believe.

Media reports also claimed that SystemSpecs; owner of Remita-the CBN licensed payment gateway has been in existence for about 23years while Remita has been holding sway in the electronic payments space for about 10 years- long before the advent of TSA.

Investigations revealed that during evaluation, the CBN’s requirement-which was an integrated platform that connect to the banks and CBN’s platform, appeared beyond the reach of locally available solution.

Nevertheless, to make the selection process transparent, the CBN invited other companies to participate in the bidding as was the required procedure. CBN sources said Remita was offered the TSA project because of its unique capabilities to deliver on the requirement.

Further investigations showed that the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, OAGF, and the World Bank supported the project and its evaluation. “After due diligence, the contract was given to Systemspecs to deploy Remita as the CBN TSA Payment Gateway,” the CBN source said.

On the Kogi Senator’s disclosure that Remita is a collection agent, the CBN source debunked this by saying “TSA is not just about collections, but payment and collection. The payment component started since January 2012 with little or no resistance. However, Collections which will have greatest impact on the economy by curbing corruption and blocking leakages was frustrated and repeatedly delayed until the new administration came in and insisted it must take off.”
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/13/how-dino-melaye-misled-the-senate-on-tsa-remita/
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by mandarin: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
I do not see anything wrong in building a platform and earning through it, to me , that organization has arrived, simple and clear. However, if there are kickbacks involved from how much the company gets then cases of corruption may have to be investigated especially if such beneficiaries were part of those that approved the company for use or officials of CBN.
This is because kick backs can influence the agreed percentage of commission considering the endemic nature of graft in Nigeria. I think the noise rather be an investigation into who gets what and not just about the company. It will also interest you that this company may not have offered the best rate for commission but may be chosen for benefit 'stakeholders' will get from the whole scheme.
If no such thing exist, I think governemnt should just take its own WHT, allow the company to take its commission and negotiate a new deal or open up new bids for it.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by hotdi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
However, investigations by THISDAY showed that Remita was not an agent or company, but the software platform used for the transfers, while SystemSpecs, whose Managing Director is Mr. John Obaro, is the owner of e-Payment/e-Collection solution.

The company’s website further revealed that the chairman of SystemSpecs is the former Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, Dr. Christopher Kolade.

Other directors of the company include a former Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Mr. Ernest Ndukwe, Mr. Emmanuel Ocholi, Mr. ‘Deremi Atanda and Dr. Emmanuel Eze

So who is the Northern APC chieftain that owns the Remita company as claimed by the Dep. Sen. president IKE EKWEREMADU at the PDP convention yesterday
All this opportunistic politician self...they take advantage of every development.
Imagine a whole Deputy Senate President misleading the public.

Wailers food don done grin
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by banio: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
Companies that don't pay tax eating fat from our nation. We need laws that force these companies to be on quoted shares once their income reaches a certain amount
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by Okanokan(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
Central Bank should not just recover only 8.6billion, it should also demand and recover the interest that has accrued for thier illegal possession of that fund.
Mr President must do something drastic that will make people know that its not business as usual.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by emydot(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
I had the opportunity to visit the company some months ago. When I got there, video cameras were placed at strategic positions and the work environment looks and sounds unfriendly to me.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by trendyprettygir: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
emydot:
I had the opportunity to visit the company some months ago. When I got there, video cameras were placed at strategic positions and the work environment looks and sounds unfriendly to me.

By the way what did you visit there for? A job interview or test? Your comments sound bitter and upset than realistic.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by emydot(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
trendyprettygir:

By the way what did you visit there for? A job interview or test? Your comments sound bitter and upset than realistic.
. I don't want to disclose all but I know the insult and embarrassment I received in that organisation when they knew they wouldn't employ me. They wasted my time, energy and resources. They deceived me.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by trendyprettygir: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2015
emydot:
. I don't want to disclose all but I know the insult and embarrassment I received in that organisation when they knew they wouldn't employ me. They wasted my time, energy and resources. They deceived me.

How? Can you explain truthfully and sincerely? If you are really honest with your claims? Don't malign an organisation simply because of this TSA controversy. Searching for employment actually takes time, energy and resources. Except you are interested in sharing details of your claim, then stick to the TSA issue. Our educational system here is so disorganised that we have a lot of graduates who are more illiterate and yet they blame their illiteracy issues on everyone else except themselves. Disclose your claims so we can expose this company for who they are or forever hold your peace.
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by emydot(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
No no no no, don't tell me that, as far as I'm concerned they've done nothing illegal with me. My case with them is closed.. But the fact that they didn't remit certain sum of money to the TSA, is that not corruption?? Or is it not punishable under the law??
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by emydot(m): 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
trendyprettygir:

How? Can you explain truthfully and sincerely? If you are really honest with your claims? Don't malign an organisation simply because of this TSA controversy. Searching for employment actually takes time, energy and resources. Except you are interested in sharing details of your claim, then stick to the TSA issue. Our educational system here is so disorganised that we have a lot of graduates who are more illiterate and yet they blame their illiteracy issues on everyone else except themselves. Disclose your claims so we can expose this company for who they are or forever hold your peace.
. No no no no don't tell me that, as far as I'm concerned they've done nothing illegal with me. My case with them is closed.. But the fact that they didn't remit certain sum of money as at when due to the TSA, is that not Corruption?? Or is it not punishable under the law??
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by trendyprettygir: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
emydot:
. No no no no don't tell me that, as far as I'm concerned they've done nothing illegal with me. My case with them is closed.. But the fact that they didn't remit certain sum of money as at when due to the TSA, is that not Corruption?? Or is it not punishable under the law??

Hahaha, i know exactly what you are trying to do. Anyway let the senate probe, the truth always prevail, then whoever is judged corrupt is punished by the law. But then you go ahead and improve yourself than blaming/spreading lies (even you stating they didn't remit a sum as at when due, goes a long way to show you don't even read any article on this controversy or understand so far what you have read). Anybody who has sincerely visited that organisation truthfully knows is not as you claimed it is in your initial post. It sounded more like you were bitter and angry and you are sincerely hoping the TSA controversy will serve as your own personal revenge. Improve yourself constantly and daily and you would grow better. Have a great day!!!
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by emydot(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
trendyprettygir:

Hahaha, i know exactly what you are trying to do. Anyway let the senate probe, the truth always prevail, then whoever is judged corrupt is punished by the law. But then you go ahead and improve yourself than blaming/spreading lies (even you stating they didn't remit a sum as at when due, goes a long way to show you don't even read any article on this controversy or understand so far what you have read). Anybody who has sincerely visited that organisation truthfully knows is not as you claimed it is in your initial post. It sounded more like you were bitter and angry and you are sincerely hoping the TSA controversy will serve as your own personal revenge. Improve yourself constantly and daily and you would grow better. Have a great day!!!
. Thanks, I appreciate. God bless you. Its been nice chatting with you but you sound more like an insider
Re: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs by trendyprettygir: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
emydot:
. Thanks, I appreciate. God bless you. Its been nice chatting with you but you sound more like an insider

No am not. I know the organisation and i have been there. And i dislike people not telling the truth. Have a blessed Weekend too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fayose Writes EFCC Again / Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Alleged Plot To Intimidate Voters With Oro Festival / Hoodlums attack RRS operatives in Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.