Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Feeling Used And Dumped! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Feeling Used And Dumped! (53946 Views)

I'm Feeling Depressed / Meet The Graduate Who Dumped Her Career To Make Money Flaunting Her Bum Online. / How I Was Used And Dumped By Eco Bank Through Their Outsourced Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Akin0: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
I feel you. But my advice for you is to look for a teaching job within your neighbourhood. That will reduce the cost of transportation, though the salary might be small , but there will be an assurance of being paid on a monthly basis. You can gradually reduce your debt through that. You can engage in house to house teaching, you will be amazed of what you will make on monthly basis. However, concerning your employer, you should resign and mention the number of months they are owing you. Please make sure the letter is acknowledged. Good Luck.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by ayusco85(m): 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
ibkgab001:
Congratz there were no grammatical blunders and errors

SEE THEM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You took some certain grammatical precautions that is inversely proportional to the level of semi local graduate that we have on NL

U are sick
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by heavenlychy: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Most employers are devils in disguise esp the private owned businesses. My case is similar to yours too. For a meagre sum of N25k for a receptionist because I desperately needed a job, I got the first salary half way into the second month. Up till now, I didn't get my second month salary. This is a job I left since July. The man is so wicked. I leave him for God to judge us both. Take heart dear. Everything is gonna be fine.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by phraoh(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
@ Op,

dnt think I hv much to say on this, Buh if u reading this, den send me a message to promotionsnig@gmail.com....I will verify u before sending u my widows mite till u get your salary dat is if it will come and den iI can try get u a job at trade-fair...

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by kunle75(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

Your story is just one of the many stories out there.

God will suprise you very soon
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by lolu20: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
come to football betting and make money.and stop wasting ur money working for pple. I can help u out with a less stressful work doe the money no too make sense but it is constant.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
God will judge him
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by GboyegaD(m): 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
Inioluwa01:
OP, sincerely, I feel your pain. I just got out of something like that too, though mine seems a little tougher than yours. I worked for over 9months without no pay in one of the multinational Companies in the Country(tho franchised)under the excuse of 'the company is going through some financial stress bla bla bla ,and what did I get in return?...a blatant allegation that I was stealing his money. He went as far as requesting I drop my phones so he can check for alerts of 'diverted' payments from Customers. He didn't see anything and of course, wasn't satisfied. The height of the insult was calling my bank, where he happened to be a former staff, to request my account statement which the mumu accounts Officer gave to him, forgetting that it is against the ethics of the job. Of course, he didn't see anything. There and then, I made up my mind it was time to leave. It's till now, the best decision I have made in my life. So, cheer up....it's an experience gained. God will make ways of better places for you soon. Move on.

Did you take your account officer up on this?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by fredosan(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
Come to christ family international chrstian center and you will never be a victim anymore
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by yomi007k(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
FIGHT BACK
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by free2ryhme: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:
I dont know if this is the best platform to express myself but i just want to cry out as there is power in the social media. I am a young girl of 27 years. I live with my dad in lagos, lost my mum 10 years ago and have been sustaining the family for a while now as my dad's business collapsed due to some circumstances. I am a graduate and very hardworking, i have worked in few places in the past but i want to say i haven't been lucky.

I worked with a transport company in ikeja as at feburary and after working for 3months we were asked to stop with no pay on the note that the company was collapsing and they had no money to pay staffers. It was so painful because i live at iyanoba and have to go through a whole lot of stress and pay up to 700 a day for transport to be at work despite we worked weekends. I felt so used but prayed to God to take control and judge them.

I got another job in september at ikeja i didn't want to take it because i had my fears about salary issue after my past experience but looking at the situation at home where they depended on me for survival i had to let go of my instincts and take the job. It was very stressful, the distance, the constant work on the system and sometimes starving just to be able to save up for transport. Despite the distance i always got to the office by 7:30am to resume 8:00am so you can imagine when i leave my house.

When it got to pay time, i was told my boss travelled and there was no talk on salary till after a long while. i also want to add that on one of those occasions i was going to work i was robbed and my phones taken from me, it was so painful but then its part of life. My female boss eventually took pity on me and paid me for September, i told her i would like to stop but she encouraged me to continue with the impression that i was just tested on my patience. I continued work and now halfway into this month of November i am yet to be paid for October.

The worst part is my boss has refused to show up at work, he avoids calls and sends no message. I eventually got across to him with a strange number and when he picked he said he has a lot of issues his going through but i can stop coming to work; just like that. I asked him for my pay and he said no money at the moment i should stop.

I really feel bitter as i have no one to fight for me and worse is i have debts i incurred in the process of going to work. How do i offset them and start again when am practically cashless. My monthly pay is 40,000 and it can't be too difficult for a man his caliber to pay but i feel he just wants to cheat me knowing there is nothing i can do.

Please nairalanders what do i do? i feel so bad, i don't even know what next to do as am so confused.

Why are the employers taking advantage of the jobless graduates and using them? How bad can it be for someone not working and then after working you get tossed in the bin? I want God to intervene but i need help. Please pardon any grammatical blunders and errors, as i am not in the right frame of mind.

Thanks.

I feel your pain if you have your letter of employment duly stating the terms of agreement you can sue him for breach of contract
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by eightsin(m): 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Imagine the stress employers make their employees go through.

Angry much mehn
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by mKc9ET(m): 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
U should have used another words for ur headline other than used and dumped, u know here in NL how we see some headies.

Woow bae am feel how sucked u feel but just try to get calm and know DAT u future is must important dis is not d end of very thing ur precious, try to cope and see it as ur past , know all did wicked rich people thats how they get rich by draining the less privilege's such a wicked generation we are into sometimes i feel like let God destroye every thing and evrey human he created so d world will start afresh.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by eightsin(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
fredosan:
Come to christ family international chrstian center and you will never be a victim anymore

Is it a cult?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Dear Op, grab something of worth in that office and bid him farewell. Shikena.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by F22RAPTOR(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
GboyegaD:

Did you take your account officer up on this?

For a one man business? you want the account officer to lose his salary too?
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by eightsin(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ernieman:
Dear Op, grab something of worth in that office and bid him farewell. Shikena.

That would be stealing.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Totfulguy: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:

Thanks.

Send me a private message...(not promising anything. But lets see how it goes)

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by bmos(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quot[/quote]

Why not come to Abuja and talk with 'Brekete Family' a kind of public court which solve this type of issues. Am sure It will help to get your salaries back
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by chrisgush: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:

Thanks.

People are relly heartless. Can u imagine someone taking advantage of another person dis way. I feel for u but i am sure it will all turn to testimony. For your troubles, you shall get double promotion. But the lesson is by the time u also become a boss, dont try to take advantage of others because God is making you to pass through this period n trials for d great place he's preparing you for. Be good
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by fredosan(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Christ family is not a cult but a global church
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by hapiness44(f): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
yungbeef:
i get paid on the 22nd of the next month. my boss deducts our salaries at the slightest issues. things like smiling during meetings, seeing a cup on the table, removing your shoes in your work station, errors made when typing docs, etc. then if you come late or you are absent from work...... thats another story. worse is nobody knows how the deductions are made. once he has done his deductions, he transfers your salary to your account at any time of next month he so wishes. no pay slip, no explanations. what you see is what you get. ooh most times he travels to UK to spend time with his family, while his staff are down here roasting and finding it difficult to survive. before i forget, my offer letter states closure is 6pm, but them no born you well to leave by that time. Earliest i close is 8.15-8.30pm on a very good day. and you are required to work often on sat and sundays. the man is evil, but responsibilities cant make me leave. would prefer i secure something better before i go. so my dear, it is the norm for most private biz. stay strong, pray and hustle for better opportunities.
. Lol, I can relate to this. One man business is not it @al!
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by micynute94(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
@ Op.. bin in ur situation bt no where tough as urs..
Ion know how someone could b heartless bt sincerely if it were me, I'd just take do money a customer pay in, remove my salary, pay in d rest amount to the company n tender my resignation letter .
Make i hear say e involve law in d situation..

Nd d employer no fit tell d customer say make we come meet me cos i represent d company as @ d time of collecting d money.. So d fight is BTW my boss n I...
Just angry @ d way ppl do things sha...
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by virginchaser(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
I once find myself in similar situation December 2011. After working with my former company for a period of three years we were served termination letters stating that due to loss of contracts and huge debts, the company could not afford to pay us any more. Meanwhile we were owned three months salary. I knew it will happened, i simply kept some processed invoices of about seven million naira with me. Since they needed it to get paid by client, they were forced to pay some of us outstanding and severance allowances.

Op, you can not stop looking for job. Be hopeful.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by moodswing(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sorry about your ordeal. Things are difficult now, maybe your boss is undergoing a hard time.

Not withstanding, he should pay you. Meanwhile, you can drop your account number by PM nothing is too little.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by project7(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
The devil is a black man and he lives in Africa. Don't be fooled by his religious activities. The devil is a black man!

1 Like

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by Toks2008(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
ujuvals:

Thanks.

When i read stories like this i can't help but break a tear and i just wonder how this country is gradually drifting towards anarchy if something is not done fast.

Guys and even young ladies now resort to lotto,sport betting just to se if they can win enough money to better their lot..EFCC will be so quick to parade cyber criminals and armed robbers yet the leaders of this country are busy stashing away billions of dollars.

Our churches are not helping matters, every sunday,they psyche members with enticing words that their miracle is on the way yet will not do anything to help the lot of their youths and even some whoi build institutions with tithe and offering can not boast of having a querter of their church member's children in same school..which way Nigeria

Young ladies who should get jobs on merit are now being interviewed ina private suite where the sweetness of their bodies have become the only criterion to get a job as well as retain same job and whenn the employer is done with her,she is sacked and replaced by another willing victim and even the ladies who ought to get jobs even easier than guys are now crying yet these same ladies wil never look the side of a struggling man and would rather prefer a man who is gainfully employed in a non existing company....which way Nigeria

Our entrepreneurs who take the bulls by the horns and decide to start a business are frustrated by erratic government policies and the more you try to help yourself the more you are frustrated by the very system you try to give something into..which way Nigeria.

Nigeria is one country that will never allow you do anything for yourself or for her but would rather make you redundant and make you regret that you were born a Nigeria.

Father lord i pray.raise for Nigeria and Nigerians a new crop of leaders who will have great empathy for the people and are ready to lay their lives down in other to move this country forward in Jesus name...AMEN.

I am moved to ask you to contact seun so that due diligence can be done on you then he can make public your account details maybe you just might get a succor cos i believe that if a hundred Nairalander gives you 1k each,it will go a long way to help.

Sorry dear.

4 Likes

Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by seangy4konji: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
All this type of news always breaks my heart.

May God help us.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by GboyegaD(m): 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

For a one man business? you want the account officer to lose his salary too?

You will use him as a deterrent to others.
Re: Feeling Used And Dumped! by kennycalls(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
chill till you receive November salary and bounce afterwards, coz its really not worth it,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath / Meet Maira Bashir El-Kanemi Who Started Flying Aircraft At 17 (Photos) / Did You Graduate With A Pass Or Third Class? Here's A Word Of Advice For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.