Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode (1792 Views)

Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu / Adamu Adamu Doesn't Shake Women's Hand - Twitter User / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by ticker(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
A Professor of International Law and
Jurisprudence, Professor Akin Oyebode on
Wednesday gave his opinion about the
choices of Ministers and portfolios given
to them by President Muhammadu Buhari
in an interview on Channels Television.
He says the list of Ministers looks like a
‘mix bag’.
“You have some very brilliant and
interesting people, with tremendous
antecedents and some a little bit less so. I
have a feeling that we have a bitter-sweet
experience with the ministers that have
just been appointed, especially in relation
to the portfolios assigned,” Professor
Oyebode said.
On the reduced number of ministries, he
said that the government had taken the
decision as a deliberate attempt to save
funds.
“Enforcing The Slimming Diet”
According to him, the decision was in line
with the manifesto of the ruling All
Progressives Congress during the
campaigns that brought President Buhari
in.
“The focus of the government is
diversification of the economy so that we
will not continue to rely on petroleum
products. So, we have to look into other
areas like solid minerals and agriculture.
“I suppose that these are the things that
informed the President in streamlining and
enforcing the slimming diet on the Nigerian
bureaucracy,” he said.
The Professor of Law said that the choice
of Mr Babatunde Fashola, was not a wrong
one, as he [Fashola] had “in the last eight
years handled things that are involved in
the type of responsibilities that Buhari has
trust unto him”.
“When you put somebody in charge of
Power, Housing and Works, that is a mega
ministry. Fashola did a lot in Lagos State
in terms of transformation and I think
President Buhari wants to exploit his
antecedents and track records as a
miracle worker. I think it is a challenge
that Fashola will rise up to, Professor
Oyebode explained.
“Tail Wagging The Dog”
On the choice of the Minister of Education
and the Minister of State for Education, he
said it was a tragedy, insisting that a
professor, who had ran, a university should
not be a sidekick to an accountant turned
communist.
“It can only happen in a country like this,”
he said, further insisting that Tony Anwuka
deserved more than being a Minister of
State for Education.
President Buhari had named Mr Adamu
Adamu the Minister of Education and Mr
Anwuka the Minister of States for
Education.
But Professor Oyebode was of the opinion
that Mr Adamu had no experience in the
education sector.
“The core competency is missing from
Adamu Adamu and that is why I call it a
case of the tail wagging the dog.”
On the choice of the Minister of Finance,
Professor Oyebode was pessimistic that
Kemi Adeosun, who was made the Minister
of Finance, could handle the Nigerian
economy.
He insisted that experts in the field could
have been a better choice and envisaged a
review of the cabinet, which he said was
not far-fetched.
http://leaktimesng.com/appointment-of-adamu-adamu-as-minister-of-education-is-a-disaster-prof-oyebode/

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by Ikpewe: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
It is too early to be judgemental now

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by jhydebaba(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
Your opinion prof?
No problem, we are all entitled to our opinions.
Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by kodded(m): 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
undecided undecided

what do you expect from a dulllard ? undecided
Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by UYCO: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
Was Moris Iwu not a professor. These professors should remain in the classroom as teachers. They are not good policy makers. They are only good in the classroom.

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by ramdris(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Oga how can yoiu be so sure when the guy has not even sit in his office?

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by otokx(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
You all may be surprised, this guy will just work wonders.

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by Akposkool(m): 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
That name adamu no fit education abeg. I dont care to know the meaning. Its a let off for me. How you go burn pikin call am adamu?

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by seunmsg(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Prof. Should relax and allow the ministers to settle down into their various offices. This kind of talk can only cause division and disharmony between the minister and the minister of state. We've been having professors as substantive education minister for a long time and our education sector is still in comatose. Nothing bad in trying out a columnist who has dedicated most of his writings to profer solutions to the problems in the education sector. Adamu Adamu is not just an ordinary journalist, he has worked as an editor of a national daily.

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by modath(f): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
Prof, Let the guy die before burying him!!

What made wicked WIKE fit for same ministry of Education , oh, I remeber, Jesus of okrika 's political patronage!!

We've had profs & mushroom private schools abound! Minister isn't going to teach the class, all that is needed is the will to make effective policies & enforce them!!

1st point of order'-- eradication of miracle/ special exam centres !!
Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by Geraucald(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ikpewe:
It is too early to be judgemental now

Its not early, 95% of Bauchi citizens knows that, despite the fact he's from our state, but he is not worth that position, and he will destroy the Nations Education Sector unless he has good guidance.
Re: Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode by MayorofLagos(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
Here we go, Yoruba and their sabi mentality. Would Professor Oyebode prefer to have Ibo or Hausa in Finance instead of Yoruba?

(1) (Reply)

The Question I Asked A Politician And She Stopped Takking To Me / Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. / Islam Does Not Allow Weapons, Explosive Or Bombs? – Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.