Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

"France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland (1139 Views)

IPOB Gets Fund In Paris From Holland, Hungary, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Turkey / President Francois Hollande Visits Nigeria On Saturday / Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by TitiJJ: 2:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Being translation of televised address by President Francois Hollande during the deadly attacks in Paris on Friday:

"My dear compatriots,

As I speak, terrorist attacks of unprecedented proportions are underway in the Paris area. There are dozens killed, there are many injured. It is a horror. We have, on my decision, mobilized all forces possible to neutralize the terrorists and make all concerned areas safe. I have also asked for military reinforcements. They are currently in the Paris area, to ensure that no new attack can take place. I have also called a cabinet meeting that will be held in a few minutes.

Two decisions will be taken: a state of emergency will be declared, which means that some places will be closed, traffic may be banned , and there will also be searches which may be decided throughout Ile de France (greater Paris). The state of emergency will be proclaimed throughout the territory (of France).

The second decision I have made is to close the borders. We must ensure that no one enters to commit any crimes and that those who have committed the crimes that we have unfortunately seen can also be arrested if they should leave the territory. This is a terrible ordeal which once again assails us. We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.

In these difficult moments, we must - and I'm thinking of the many victims, their families and the injured - show compassion and solidarity. But we must also show unity and calm. Faced with terror, France must be strong, it must be great and the state authorities must be firm. We will be. We must also call on everyone to be responsible.

What the terrorists want is to scare us and fill us with dread. There is indeed reason to be afraid. There is dread, but in the face of this dread, there is a nation that knows how to defend itself, that knows how to mobilize its forces and, once again, will defeat the terrorists. French citizens, we have not completed the operations. There are still some that are extremely difficult. It's at this moment that the security forces are staging an assault, especially in a place in Paris. I ask you to keep all your trust in what we can do with the security forces to protect our nation from terrorist acts.

Long live the Republic and long live France."

http://dawntodusknews.com/full-text-france-president-francois-hollandes-televised-address-on-deadly-attacks-in-paris/

Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by northvietnam(m): 3:05am On Nov 14, 2015
will check when your poo makes fp
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Heromaniaa: 3:09am On Nov 14, 2015
we know who these terrorists are. They claim their heinous crime is backed by their holy book but in reality they and their kind are deluded sadists and sociopath. Heaven will judge them.
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Karleb(m): 4:22am On Nov 14, 2015
Just when I thought I won't see a thread about it.

It's just so saddening.
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by ALVA001: 4:24am On Nov 14, 2015
T
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 14, 2015
Some Muslims can't live without indulging in acts of terrorism and the more you show them love, the more they hate you. I foresee Germany crying like this someday.

In my grandma's words, when you give people allowance, they will want "allowadance"grinangry

1 Like

Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 14, 2015
Help Nairaland don force Muslim on me, see what they did to my profile. I don't know anyone called Mohamed. I am a Christian.
Help!

1 Like

Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by nosiebaba(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2015
I wonder why Islam gives people a legitimate excuse to kill and terrorise others
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2015
All those refugees that were coming into Europe in thousands....this is actually what they had in mind and the French govt knew the risks they posed...yet nothing.
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by mrvitalis(m): 6:45am On Nov 14, 2015
European countries need to be careful

Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by olasmith10(m): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2015
I still find it difficult to comprehend why a human race will take the world on ransom cos of religion..
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2015
We all know who terrorists round the world are...
Those who claim their religion is of peace....
Yet am still searching for the peace in their religion.
It truly is amazing at how ironical religion can be.

This is exactly why Igbos need Biafra to push Muslims/Islam out of their borders.
Nigeria should please take their oil and give Igbo's peace.
Every sane person would not want such violence to come near him. Even if it comes near him he would still want it to keep away from his CHILDREN.
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by mazinaija: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2015
SirJeffry:
Some Muslims can't live without indulging in acts of terrorism and the more you show them love, the more they hate you. I foresee Germany crying like this someday.

In my grandma's words, when you give people allowance, they will want "allowadance"grinangry
u just said my mind; Germany will regret it someday, but then it would be too late.
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Way 2 late when syria was breeding terrorists they did nothing to deter that.now the chicken has come home to roost
Re: "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland by bettercreature(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Islam is a very bad religion

(1) (Reply)

Fayose, Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister / The Minister Of Petroleum Should Resign Or Be Sacked Now / The Man Tai Solarin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.