Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat (1818 Views)

Buhari Receives Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara Ahead Of His Trip (pics) / Photo Of Buhari, Saraki And Dogara Smiling During their meeting In Aso Rock / Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by msageer(m): 3:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Tinubu, Dogara and Saraki seated on a chair while speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly Hon. Kabiru Mijinyawa is helplessly seating on a mat at Atiku's Dauthers wedding . This is not humility but an insult to the exalted office he occupies!

Maybe not, Because Adamawa State Governor, Bindo, once happened to do such in Atiku Residence....

1 Share

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Sarang(f): 3:41am On Nov 14, 2015
msageer:
Tinubu, Dogara and Saraki seated on a chair while speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly Hon. Kabiru Mijinyawa is helplessly seating on a mat. This is not humility but an insult to the exalted office he occupies!

Maybe not, Because Adamawa State Governor, Bindo, once happened to do such in Atiku Residence....

source ; http://arewahub.com/2015/11/14/tinibu-saraki-and-dogara-seated-and-the-speaker-adamawa-state-kabiru-mijinyawa-seats-on-a-mat/
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by PrettyClare7(f): 4:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Dude is not complaining of his condition op.
But what does it signify?

1 Like

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Akposkool(m): 4:53am On Nov 14, 2015
I believe its the way his religion permit. There is nothing wrong with it. The muslims don't really take some things important like we christians.
As wealthy as Abacha was he still went to the grave naked on a mat.
Am currently serving in gombe state and you need to see the view centre where i watch football. An old man will prefer to seat on a mat and watch than seat on a chair.
If he is comfortable with it, then let it rest and dont make a fuzz out of nothing cus from the pix, the man is not begging for alms

4 Likes

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by kayusely: 4:59am On Nov 14, 2015
Akposkool:
I believe its the way his religion permit. There is nothing wrong with it. The muslims don't really take some things important like we christians.
As wealthy as Abacha was he still went to the grave naked on a mat.
Am currently serving in gombe state and you need to see the view centre where i watch football. An old man will prefer to seat on a mat and watch than seat on a chair.
If he is comfortable with it, then let it rest and dont make a fuzz out of nothing cus from the pix, the man is not begging for alms
Yoi got it right that is their culture.

2 Likes

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by aminho(m): 5:57am On Nov 14, 2015
kayusely:
Yoi got it right that is their culture.
yes it is
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Ibebe: 5:59am On Nov 14, 2015
When you don't understand someone else's culture, you're bound to make fooooolish interpretations

1 Like

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Its normal Northern (Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri etc) traditional way of showing respect to elders/superiors.

Find attached below three pictures depicting this practice.

1. The governor of Adamawa sitting on the floor before Atiku - who is his father in-law.
2. Atiku sitting on the floor before the Emir of Kano - who is his traditional superior.
3. The Emir of Kano (in all his glory) prostrating before his own mother - for obvious reasons.

Northerners value humility and therefore never too proud or ashamed to show respect to others.

1 Like

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2015
Humility is one thing I love hausa people for and I learned it during my short stay with them. Another thing is love, THOUGH IT'S MAINLY AMONG THEMSELVES.undecided
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2015
At last the political enemies are gathered ib one room.
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2015
Tinubu is looking at the chap like: "Ode ni eh! Alaroro!! Omo awusa jati jati fvck up person of no consequence. "

Tinubu actually said these words in his mind. Believe me

On a serious note, those of you that don't know, the Hausa/Fulani worship power and wealth. If you are not wealthy or powerful, you will not be respected by them. If you are; they will worship you.

No one should tell me that they have respect for the aged cos I know that poor old people are treated like dogs in the north. Cows and rams are more respected than them.
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by jordyspices: 6:23am On Nov 14, 2015
I think is there culture but why dogra nd tinubu no seat for floor
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by dhjksas: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Is normal

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2015
20pounds:
Tinubu is looking at the chap like: "Ode ni eh! Alaroro!! Omo awusa jati jati fvck up person of no consequence. "

Tinubu actually said these words in his mind. Believe me

On a serious note, those of you that don't know, the Hausa/Fulani worship power and wealth. If you are not wealthy or powerful, you will not be respected by them. If you are; they will worship you.

No one should tell me that they have respect for the aged cos I know that poor old people are treated like dogs in the north. Cows and rams are more respected than them.

Oboy, you dull too much; if the picture of the Emir prostrating before his aged mother didn't tell you anything; then I am afraid no hope for you ever getting any sense even if e jam you for road.

1 Like

Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by wallex1983(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2015
Before his political fathers? He may be impeached next plenary if he raises his leg anyhow sef
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Oboy, you dull too much; if the picture of the Emir prostrating before his aged mother didn't tell you anything; then I am afraid no hope for you ever getting any sense even if e jam you for road.

Sharrrap clown! Is the emir's mother a poor woman? She is the wife of the son of a former Emir of Kano and an established man. She is rich. My post said "poor old people.."

Gerrit?
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2015
^^^^May God help you with a little bit more comprehension and the humility to accept your shortcomings.

Pls kindly analyse your words; they are in two parts: The first is the overall statement and the second is merely a justification for the first part of the statement.

(Part 1) No one should tell me that they have respect for the aged (Part 2) cos I know that poor old people are treated like dogs in the north. Cows and rams are more respected than them.

Afterwards, pls go back to school and take additional lessons in Comprehension and subsequently be more mindful about what you say in the future.

BTW, I suspect that is how you probably treat your own elders, like dogs; as already mentioned respect for elders/superiors is entrenched in northern tradition - and we are not ashamed to show it.
Re: Tinibu, Saraki And Dogara Seated On A Chair And Speaker ADHA Seats On A Mat by chrisblack: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2015
msageer:
Tinubu, Dogara and Saraki seated on a chair while speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly Hon. Kabiru Mijinyawa is helplessly seating on a mat at Atiku's Dauthers wedding . This is not humility but an insult to the exalted office he occupies!

source ; http://arewahub.com/2015/11/14/tinibu-saraki-and-dogara-seated-and-the-speaker-adamawa-state-kabiru-mijinyawa-seats-on-a-mat/
when some of you come online to speak about customs of people you don't understand. Its a shame.This is the custom of the people .I have witness Governor's of northern extraction seating on the ground so what's the big deal

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like "Constituency Allowance "? / Colonel Otunba Ajayi - Tortured Into Impotence / See What This Young Man Did To Show His Love For His Girlfriend (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.