Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls (2037 Views)

Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. / My Car Just Crossed The 66666th Kilometer / A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2015
I was driving and suddenly the temperature picked up so I started looking for where to park but you know as Lagos traffic be, before I could get where to park I just heard a sound and water started rushing out of the radiator. Now I don't know what to do
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Ab025(m): 11:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Get a mechanic.....
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2015
cbrass:
I was driving and suddenly the temperature picked up so I started looking for where to park but you know as Lagos traffic be, before I could get where to park I just heard a sound and water started rushing out of the radiator. Now I don't know what to do

Do nothing........ allow vehicle to cool for at least 2hours.

Then pour water.

Meanwhile what's your location?
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Do nothing........ allow vehicle to cool for at least 2hours.

Then pour water.

Meanwhile what's your location?

New market lekki
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Patented: 11:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Exploded sha!!!!!! undecided find Mecho
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Patented:
Exploded sha!!!!!! undecided find Mecho

Not like that of explosion, I mean I heard a sound and water started gushing out
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by mayor2013: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
cbrass:

Not like that of explosion, I mean I heard a sound and water started gushing out

Over heating things
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by opsynea2j(m): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Radiator cells too weak to withstand long traffic heat or too weak to withstand d use of AC of your car. You need a new double cell radiator replacement asap. I'm not a mech but talking from a personal experience.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
opsynea2j:
Radiator cells too weak to withstand long traffic heat or too weak to withstand d use of AC of your car. You need a new double cell radiator replacement asap. I'm not a mech but talking from a personal experience.

angry

5 Likes

Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Mojibola(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
cbrass:

Your radiator must have been fouled before, I'm guessing you must have been adding water to it daily. So the tiny leakage gave way under severe pressure.

Get a new radiator and use coolant in place of ordinary water. Well, let's hope some other parts have not been damaged by the overheating.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mojibola:

Your radiator must have been fouled before, I'm guessing you must have been adding water to it daily. So the tiny leakage gave way under severe pressure.

Get a new radiator and use coolant in place of ordinary water. Well, let's hope some other parts have not been damaged by the overheating.
The plastic beside the right of the radiator got burst and they have gone to get another one now
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Denn(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
Maybe I am getting old but you seem not to gave told us the make ,model and year of the car.

A picture would help too.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Mojibola(m): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
cbrass:

The plastic beside the right of the radiator got burst and they have gone to get another one now

Okay, good.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nawa..o thought it was a fire explosion or maybe a bomb planted in ur trunk exploded and u survived it. Be safe bro

1 Like

Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Cjizzy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Denn:
Maybe I am getting old but you seem not to gave told us the make ,model and year of the car.

Good Lord........ Save us
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Youngsage: 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
lol @ explosion! grin
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mojibola:

Okay, good.

I just spent almost 8k today just like that. We later discovered that the fan has stopped working.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Denn:

Hyundai Elantra we later discovers it's the fan that stopped working and the radiator over heat causing it to burst
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bossforeva:
Nawa..o thought it was a fire explosion or maybe a bomb planted in ur trunk exploded and u survived it. Be safe bro

Lol..bro fear catch me today o grin
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Mojibola(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
cbrass:

I just spent almost 8k today just like that. We later discovered that the fan has stopped working.

Oops, sorry about that bro. Hope the car is finally in good condition to take on the week ahead.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mojibola:

Oops, sorry about that bro. Hope the car is finally in good condition to take on the week ahead.

Yes went to the mainland to greet my parents when it happened. The fan was connected directly so I can use it cos it was getting late. They said the fan relay has spoilt ,but I noticed that the fan just keeps blowing once you on the ignition even if you didn't start the car
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by mayor2013: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
cbrass:

Yes went to the mainland to greet my parents when it happened. The fan was connected directly so I can use it cos it was getting late. Theyt said the fan relay has spoilt ,but I noticed that the fan just keeps blowing once you on the ignition even if you didn't start the car
[b]

Kazeems @ work
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by Mojibola(m): 1:19am On Nov 16, 2015
cbrass:

Yes went to the mainland to greet my parents when it happened. The fan was connected directly so I can use it cos it was getting late. They said the fan relay has spoilt ,but I noticed that the fan just keeps blowing once you on the ignition even if you didn't start the car

Yes the fan will start up as soon as you turn on the ignition. That's the result of connecting it directly. You should get the relay fixed.
Well done brother.

1 Like

Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2015
mayor2013:
[b]

Kazeems @ work

Lol ok
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by honmusa(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
cbrass:

Do you bother to find out why your relay pack up ?The continuously running radiator fan is putting more load than the relay can hold. I will advice you connect your fan to factory default because your alternator too is at risk of giving up later.
Re: Guys Am Stranded, My Car Just Exploded Help Pls by cbrass(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
honmusa:

Do you bother to find out why your relay pack up ?The continuously running radiator fan is putting more load than the relay can hold. I will advice you connect your fan to factory default because your alternator too is at risk of giving up later.

the fan wasnt connected directly before, it was when the relay got burnt and caused the over heating so they helped me connect it directly so i can manage it for that day but i will fix it this week sha. so it can affect the alternator ? shocked

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Become A Car Dealer? / Car Shipping From Canada To Nigeria / Super Clean Foreign Used Lexus GS 350 AWD 2007/2008 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.