Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

In Need Of A Phone For Blind People - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / In Need Of A Phone For Blind People (971 Views)

Suggest A Phone I can Buy For 30k / Microsoft Releases A Talking App For Blind People / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Phone For Blind People by akagson: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
I saw on NTA this morning where a blind man was narrating his story of how he uses an iPhone to read, browse, type, operate the computer, and do stuffs all on his own. It's just like a phone that helps a blind man to see with voice commands.
Can someone tell me more about the phone/app pls. My dad is blind and I think he'd need something like that.
What type of iPhone has that capability? Let's know how we can start saving to get my dad something like that.
Re: In Need Of A Phone For Blind People by khalhokage(m): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Almost every android device has that capability with Talkback built in, google it, also there are other apps on the play store that perform the same function.
If you have an android device go to accessibility through the settings and activate "talkback" to check it out for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Phone For Blind People by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
You can buy him a Braille note apex if he can read braille though it's on high side.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Phone For Blind People by khalhokage(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung S4 Or S5 / The Christmas Gift I Am Getting From Airtel / HTC V6 For Sale Contact 07037659647

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.