Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is Church Marriage Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Marriage Biblical? (2157 Views)

Checkout This Church Marriage List (pic) / M.F.M Bride's Looks For Church Marriage And Reception / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church Marriage Biblical? by luckycliff: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Everyone getting married today wants to do this so called white wedding in the church. But I have been reading the bible and I am yet to see where an event of church wedding or solemnization of marriage of joining two people together took place in the bible. I guess the marriage Christ attended that was recorded in the Bible was a traditional marriage. So where in the world did this church wedding come from? I think it is wrong for Christians to be practicing right in the churches something like this that is not supported by the Bible. I suppose, for the Christians, practicing anything outside the Bible is a sin. Therefore Church wedding is a sin!
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by tripplephi: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
luckycliff:
Everyone getting married today wants to do this
so called white wedding in the church. But I
have been reading the bible and I am yet to see
where an event of church wedding or
solemnization of marriage of joining two people
together took place in the bible. I guess the
marriage Christ attended that was recorded in
the Bible was a traditional marriage. So where
in the world did this church wedding come
from? I think it is wrong for Christians to be
practicing right in the churches something like
this that is not supported by the Bible. I
suppose, for the Christians, practicing anything
outside the Bible is a sin. Therefore Church
wedding is a sin!

NA YOU GET YOUR OWN MOUTH AND OPINION, YOU CAN START YOUR OWN RELIGION FOR ALL I CARE, BUT THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT THAT WAY HAVE DIED AND MADE HEAVEN OR EVEN HELL AND LIFE STILL GOES ON. WHITE WEDDING IS THE ENGLISH MAN'S TRADITIONAL WEDDING. TRADITIONAL WEDDING IS WHAT AFRICANS CALL REAL WEDDING BUT SINCE THE GOSPEL WAS BROUGHT TO US BY WHITES, WE DECIDED TO MODEL THE WEDDING TOO. NO HARM IN COPYING.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by CharlyNick: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
how could you ask such question bro?
Ephesians 5:22-33
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by miqos02(m): 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
CharlyNick:
how could you ask such question bro?

Ephesians 5:22-33
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior

i guess the op is asking about the ceremony
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by italo: 4:58am On Nov 15, 2015
White wedding is nowhere in the Bible.

Protestants are ashamed to contribute to this thread because we Catholics always tell them that...that something is not in the bible doesn't make it a sin...and the always disagree while telling Catholics to show all our practices in the bible.

The Catholic Church started the white wedding ceremony and the bible.

Both are our babies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by tommysparks: 5:35am On Nov 15, 2015
I have said it everyday that church wedding is unbiblical. The so called bible believing churches don't want to comment on this issue and am still waiting.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by Karlovich: 5:39am On Nov 15, 2015
Marriage is only for jews and gentiles
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 15, 2015
mba it is quranical undecided
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by Dekatron(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2015
God must be a busybody.

Even my laptop, I ignore some of its background activities. How much more G.O.D?

He will tell you how to sleep, how to eat, how to dress, how to talk, which type of work to do (some foolish Christians believe working in hotels/clubs/hospitality sector in general is a sin), how to have sex, what to study (when some idiotic Christians believe Astrophysics is devilish- science in general. Johnydon22, grin grin grin for studying Astrophysics, you are trying to play God. Repent!! Or u become everlasting barbecue of our LOVING God)

pus sy God
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 15, 2015
tripplephi:

NA YOU GET YOUR OWN MOUTH AND OPINION, YOU CAN START YOUR OWN RELIGION FOR ALL I CARE, BUT THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT THAT WAY HAVE DIED AND MADE HEAVEN OR EVEN HELL AND LIFE STILL GOES ON. WHITE WEDDING IS THE ENGLISH MAN'S TRADITIONAL WEDDING. TRADITIONAL WEDDING IS WHAT AFRICANS CALL REAL WEDDING BUT SINCE THE GOSPEL WAS BROUGHT TO US BY WHITES, WE DECIDED TO MODEL THE WEDDING TOO. NO HARM IN COPYING.

There's a very huge harm in killing ur own traditions n up holding a white man's own.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by charlsecy(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2015
tommysparks:
I have said it everyday that church wedding is unbiblical.
You may say it's extra-biblical, not unbiblical.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by CharlyNick: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
luckycliff:
wedding is a sin!

So is court Marriage Biblical? if you do not engage in white Wedding, what proof do you have that you are married?

Do traditional marriage affirm your Marital status?

The court has no regard for Traditional Marriage as there has to be a proof of marriage [wedding certificate] which is accepted anywhere in the world.

Is the certificate for Traditional Marriage? I know traditional Marriage is what's in the Bible but it's no Guarantee as a Husband can wake up one day and kick his [Traditional Married Wife] out of his House and believe me, she can't do anything even in the courthouse of law as she has no Marital proof.

Oga Seun, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, and Mods, please consider this a Front Page material so we can hear other people's view as this is a VERY sensitive issue.

Thanks.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Yeah. Its biblical but we must be careful how we go into marriage. Marriage its a good thing but it requires patience and understanding from both partners.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by tommysparks: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
charlsecy:

You may say it's extra-biblical, not unbiblical.
this is grammatical justification but it does not take away a fact that it was not commanded anywhere in the bible. It is man made
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by honourhim: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
luckycliff:
wedding is a sin!

It waa God that instituted marriage and he didnt specify where it should be done so we are not bound to do it in the church or anywhere. Its an open thing. Most cbueches do support court wedding, traditional wedding or church wedding. Its an open thing. You choose. But the bible said it is honourable, with the bed undefiled. It is between a man and a woman. No instruction about venue so u dont have any grounds to condemn those who choose to wed in church. And people shoild not feel that their wedding is superior to the one done outside the church.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by charlsecy(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
luckycliff:
I think it is wrong for Christians to be practicing right in the churches something like
this that is not supported by the Bible. I suppose, for the Christians, practicing anything
outside the Bible is a sin
tommysparks:
this is grammatical justification but it does not take away a fact that it was not commanded anywhere in the bible. It is man made

Must you be commanded before you can act? Where were you commanded in the Bible to use a mobile phone to make calls, or to use toothpaste to clean your teeth?

The word "Unbiblical" means that something goes contrary to specific instructions contained in the Bible. "Extra-biblical" means that something is not directly treated in the Bible.

Mobile telephony is extra-biblical, but there is nothing wrong with using a mobile phone, for example. Something can be extra-biblical and still be biblical provided it doesn't contradict any Biblical truth. White wedding, to the best of my knowledge, does not contradict any Biblical truth. If you choose to do it, it is well; if you choose not to, it is still well.
I think people do white wedding because of acceptance of Western culture/Christianity and/or for registration purposes.

More example; suicide bombing is extra-biblical, but its principle contradicts the sacredness of life which is promoted by the Bible, so suicide bombing is unbiblical even though it's not specifically treated therein.
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by charlsecy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
luckycliff:
I think it is wrong for Christians to be practicing right in the churches something like
this that is not supported by the Bible.
Which part of Biblical instructions does white wedding contradict?
Re: Is Church Marriage Biblical? by charlsecy(m): 7:02am On Nov 24, 2015
@luckycliff, You don't know?

(1) (Reply)

We Are Waiting: Fr. Mbaka: I’ll Resign As Prophet If There Will Be No 5 Hours... / Is Michael The Christ? / Why Has Mankind Chosen To Hate And Reject The Creator's Instructions Of Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.